collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: my shabby chic Christmas tree, creative tree ideas.  (Read 3933 times)

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
my shabby chic Christmas tree, creative tree ideas.
« on: November 29, 2015, 02:13:06 PM »
hi all, i thought i would share pics of my christmas tree this year as im pretty happy with it and wanted other peeps to share theirs.
im not a very traditional person but love old worldly things and well..New Zealand is a hot place to be at christmas time. i would have gone for a beach theme christmas tree here....

http://blog.farmers.co.nz/how-to-decorate-your-christmas-tree-sandcastles-snowflakes/

but i scored all these decorations last year after xmas when these were all on clearance  :cheer:
i bought them and stored them away and luckily there were enough it put on my 6ft tree.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

i usually put it up on the 1st of december but being sunday i thought i would get more help with it from hubby and the kids  :huh: oh well its finished now and poof it was hot and stuffy yesterday afternoon.

i really wanted to track down a little mini white tree this year to put my glittery blind bag ponies on it but still no luck finding one.

so anyways please feel free to share yours  :biggrin:

xx

merry Christmas everyone  :grouphug:

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: my shabby chic Christmas tree, creative tree ideas.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 02:45:25 PM »
Beautiful!!

sunshine29102

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 03:12:38 PM »
Very pretty! I love that your "white" tree is a pretty, almost cream colored white.  The ornaments look fantastic with it.  :) 

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 04:36:43 PM »
Wow that is  really pretty!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 04:45:42 PM »
Those ornaments are absolutely gorgeous! Have you ever tried those on a green tree? I wonder how that'd look!
I wish I could come and visit your place, your home must look fabulous!

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 05:14:31 PM »
I love white Christmas tree and it works well with your ornaments.

I tried getting a white tree but I was a no go. 

I plan on buying many ornaments for our tree after the Christmas season, nothing better than clearance.

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 05:15:53 PM »
That's beautiful!!!  My tree is more traditional.  I grew up with rainbow lights, so that's what I use now.  My ornaments don't match, but I love them.  Growing up, I got a new ornament from my parents every year (plus oddballs from friends, other family members, or neighbors).  Mr. Zenna's family did the same.  So now, we have a really odd assortment of ornaments that have a lot of sentimental value for us.  Last year, we had to put my very first dog to sleep, but I made paw print ornaments for everyone in my family before she died.  This year, her paw print is front and center on my tree.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 06:03:17 PM »
thank you so much everybody :)

Those ornaments are absolutely gorgeous! Have you ever tried those on a green tree? I wonder how that'd look!
I wish I could come and visit your place, your home must look fabulous!
i would like to try them on a green tree, i bought these a year or 2 after getting rid of our smaller green one we had (always done fake ones) i wish we had another tree but we just don't have the room. we have a very tiny wee house unfortunitly or i would be getting an 8ft pine tree ;)
would love to have you visit :)
its taken me a couple of years to completly change our modern look to all old worldy, shabby chic, french, antique look. love op shop and bargain hunting heheh.

That's beautiful!!!  My tree is more traditional.  I grew up with rainbow lights, so that's what I use now.  My ornaments don't match, but I love them.  Growing up, I got a new ornament from my parents every year (plus oddballs from friends, other family members, or neighbors).  Mr. Zenna's family did the same.  So now, we have a really odd assortment of ornaments that have a lot of sentimental value for us.  Last year, we had to put my very first dog to sleep, but I made paw print ornaments for everyone in my family before she died.  This year, her paw print is front and center on my tree.

that is beautiful and how lovely and sentimental, every decoration means something.
i grew up with rainbow light too. i actually still have one set from....omg the 80s i think or the very early 90s. i can't believe they still work. il have to take a photo of them when it gets darker.   

wonderful, you have given me a great idea now of gifting my kids christmas decorations every year, they might be a bit too young, i could always start with a mlp decor first ..... i wonder if they do transformer decors? :D

xx

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 07:07:17 PM »
that is beautiful and how lovely and sentimental, every decoration means something.
i grew up with rainbow light too. i actually still have one set from....omg the 80s i think or the very early 90s. i can't believe they still work. il have to take a photo of them when it gets darker.   

wonderful, you have given me a great idea now of gifting my kids christmas decorations every year, they might be a bit too young, i could always start with a mlp decor first ..... i wonder if they do transformer decors? :D

xx

Glad I could help!  It was a tradition from my mom's side of the family.  Each kid (she was one of 8) got an ornament every year so they'd be able to decorate their trees when they grew up and moved out.  It was a coincidence that Mr. Zenna's family had the same tradition.

I have ornaments dating back to '88, when I would have been 5 months old.  My husband started getting his on his first Christmas as well.  His tend to be more toy-like and feature cartoon characters or cars.  He has great memories of playing with them.  Mine are a little less kid-like.  I have a mother of pearl angel from '95 and I got a hand-blown glass hummingbird when I was 9.  For me, they weren't toys; they were ornaments.  I also have some adorable reindeer, but most of mine are fragile and are the sort of thing that you'd pass on to your kids and to their kids.  Two different styles, I guess.  :)  We still get ornaments every year, but more of them now.  My parents buy us each one, as do his, and then we buy one another an ornament every year too.

I think that no matter how young your kids are, they will love the ornaments.  Especially when they grow up.  What you choose to give them is up to you.  But I love it because it's a sweet and inexpensive gift that they'll keep forever.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 07:17:55 PM »
ahhh those vintage print ornaments are to die for <3
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 07:22:36 PM »
So beautiful! My tree isn't up yet but we have a large variety of ornaments, no real unifying theme... We like it though. ^^ following thread now!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2015, 11:31:08 AM »
I want some of your decorations o.o Soo pretty!

And theres nothing wrong with a white tree!  I have a light pink one ^^

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2015, 12:01:34 PM »
That's gorgeous!

...I want one!

|My Collection|

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2015, 02:02:00 PM »
Very pretty! ^.^ Our tree won't go up till a week or two before Christmas because a real tree would die pretty quickly! :(
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal