collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is it Mold, Regrind, or the Dynamic Duo? (TE Party Time)  (Read 566 times)

Offline Chelsea7

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Is it Mold, Regrind, or the Dynamic Duo? (TE Party Time)
« on: November 25, 2015, 03:10:53 PM »
Hi!

So it's me again with another lovely pony November mystery. But this time I think I know what is going on...
As you most likely read in the title, this thread involves a TE Party Time, perhaps the most infamously known My Little Pony for regrind.

This is my TE Party Time I got a few months back. Aside from some super obvious pink splotches, she is in fantastic shape. Her hair is perfect, she has no body marks (other than the pink plague), her symbols are great, and her TE eyes are flawless. I know that PT is basically impossible to find without regrind, and so I consider myself lucky to find one in the shape she's in for basically pennies (thanks to a user on MLP Arena!)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For some reason she looks lighter here:

However, she has these darker specks showing up on her. Me being the dummy I am, neglected to note if these marks were there when I got her a month back, or if they have sprung up recently. This sent off the mold panic alarm, and I instantly removed her from the rest of my pony display just in case these dark marks are "spreadable". All my other ponies are fine (even my TE Tic Tac with the weird clear spots)

I noticed that these specks seem to have appeared where the regrind is at its strongest. This has prompted me to think they are a form of serious regrind, and not a delightful mold.  I don't want a potential mold to be spreading (if this is the case) and so I am looking for clarification as to what the heck these dark markings are.
I was considering them being some form of pony cancer, which I have seen and it looks just awful, but I'm still new to the collecting scene and I figured I would ask other members of their thoughts on what it is..

So, is this regrind? Mold? Or mold in regrind? I am hoping its the first option...

Also to note, this is a TE Locket with Regrind, and she does not have the black spots...

« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 09:55:24 AM by Chelsea7 »
My Tumblr

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Is it Mold, Regrind, or the Dynamic Duo? (TE Party Time)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 05:54:00 PM »
Party time looks like regrind for the most part, that pony sadly is prone to it.  Mine has a head body mismatch.

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 06:10:00 PM »
It doesn't look like mold to me, more like a case of the regrind /pony cancer combo.. but I'm not an expert.. :blush: I'd do the same thing though just to be safe! (freak out and put her away from the others..) I had a mold scare on one of my ponies earlier this summer.. then I cleaned my bathroom toilet and found some nice samples and determined that my pony for sure didn't have mold!  :lol:  I'm allergic to mold / mildew so I don't take any chances!  Too bad I had waited so long to clean my bathroom though!  >_< :blush: :lol:

Offline Chelsea7

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 07:07:35 PM »
It doesn't look like mold to me, more like a case of the regrind /pony cancer combo.. but I'm not an expert.. :blush: I'd do the same thing though just to be safe! (freak out and put her away from the others..) I had a mold scare on one of my ponies earlier this summer.. then I cleaned my bathroom toilet and found some nice samples and determined that my pony for sure didn't have mold!  :lol:  I'm allergic to mold / mildew so I don't take any chances!  Too bad I had waited so long to clean my bathroom though!  >_< :blush: :lol:
Fingers crossed it isn't mold, and I am glad you don't think it is! I am treating it with acetone/ sunlight to kill it just to be sure.
I am glad your pony didn't have mold! It is so scary, considering I just started collecting and I keep all my ponies close together...
My Tumblr

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 02:38:29 PM »
Age marks/regrind unfortunately :( She is just so prone to it. However she may turn all that lovely pink colour eventually - that would be cool :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 02:46:57 PM »
She has the pox!

But seriously, it really just looks like regrind to me. Mold is usually much darker (and can be cleaned away).

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 06:15:16 PM »
Age marks/regrind unfortunately :( She is just so prone to it. However she may turn all that lovely pink colour eventually - that would be cool :)
That would be!
:D  ^.^

Offline Chelsea7

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 07:42:37 AM »
I'd be on board for that. Pink is my favorite color and the regrind is my favorite shade ironically.

She has the pox!

But seriously, it really just looks like regrind to me. Mold is usually much darker (and can be cleaned away).

I know! That's what it looks like. As long as it is regrind and not mold I feel a lot better. I've used acetone on the spots for about a week so even if it was mold it should be dead at this point.

Dumb aging plastic, scared me to death!
   :yikes:
My Tumblr

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal