collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar  (Read 22755 times)

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
Re: The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar
« Reply #105 on: March 26, 2016, 10:26:36 AM »
I feel like it isn't traditional animation though... It looks like very stylized 3D animation that is designed to look 2D (kind alike paperman was). There's some scenes that don't look right and instead are more 3D looking. I'd really love to see some behind the scenes videos of how they animate the show.

Is there a new episode today?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2016, 05:58:50 AM »
Yes there was.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2016, 07:10:30 AM »
I feel like it isn't traditional animation though... It looks like very stylized 3D animation that is designed to look 2D (kind alike paperman was). There's some scenes that don't look right and instead are more 3D looking. I'd really love to see some behind the scenes videos of how they animate the show.

Oh it's not just me! I think the animation style is very weird... especially their run cycles. I LOVE traditional animation, but there's something about this show that feels like it's computer animated... Is it animated in Flash? Sometimes the movement of the characters reminds me of Friendship is Magic...
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2016, 09:06:42 AM »
The show isn't traditionally animated, but I can't remember if the program used for it is a variation or Flash or not.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #109 on: March 30, 2016, 09:32:58 AM »
Yeah, I'm not sure what program their using either, but it's definitely not traditional animation.

It's usually pretty okay, but it shows its weakness whenever those dead-eyed impalas show up.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2016, 04:42:18 PM »
I just saw the Bunga and the King episode and thought it was really good. I liked when Simba and Bunga started singing Hakuna Matata together.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2016, 04:55:12 PM »
I liked it for the most part - still not keen on Simba being a jerk at times, but thought overall it was a cute episode.

I did like how there was a bit of a "visual" callback/reference to "that Mufasa scene" when Simba was falling into the hole.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2016, 06:13:29 PM »
I completely forgot about watching this show  >_< Looks like it had some weeks skipped so I was only three episodes behind. I particularly liked the migration episode, the baby zebra was super cute and I loved the females leaders.

Simba's Mufasa-esque fall was animated kinda badly, I couldn't help but laugh at it. It just looked awful. I know this a bit of a nitpick but I haaateeeee when Nala and Simba have their four fangs showing. It just looks really dumb and they poke out too much. I agree that I don't like seeing Simba be a butt either.

I do have to say Simba and Bunga singing Hakuna Matata was cute though  :)
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2016, 10:20:26 AM »
I thought the baby zebra in the migration episode was freaking adorable also and I really liked his mother. She was about the only zebra we've seen in that show so far that isn't a complete idiot.

In this week's episode, my husband said he was surprised that Simba didn't have a PTSD type reaction to the way he fell into that sink hole since it was so similar to that scene with Mufasa in The Lion King. We also quite enjoyed Simba's dripping sarcasm while he was down there. It was awesome. He was being such a cat and Bunga deserved the comments being thrown at him. He should not have been disrespecting the king like he did and Simba is right. He needs to think before he does things instead of brainlessly rushing into them like he always does. It was nice that they bonded over being both raised by Timon and Pumbaa in the end though. As far as Timon and Pumbaa themselves though, wow were they being crybabies. Atimon posted a great comic about it on FA. Can't link to it here though because it's FA. The comic is harmless if you want to go look it up yourself though.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2016, 11:34:12 AM »
I missed this week's because I was at Comic Con. :(

sailorstitch

Nebula Light

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2016, 04:54:25 PM »
i just started watching this series and I'm very impressed! I like it a lot. Jasiri is my favorite character so far. :) Oh no, I feel another LK phase coming on... *starts to look for blind bags*

I found the animation to be super interesting. Styled to be 2D, but not. I would say they have pulled it off well. I have not noticed any funky-ness beside's a little stiffness in Ono's wings when he flies.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 04:57:03 PM by Nebula Light »

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2016, 11:52:54 PM »
i just started watching this series and I'm very impressed! I like it a lot. Jasiri is my favorite character so far. :) Oh no, I feel another LK phase coming on... *starts to look for blind bags*

I found the animation to be super interesting. Styled to be 2D, but not. I would say they have pulled it off well. I have not noticed any funky-ness beside's a little stiffness in Ono's wings when he flies.

I LOVE Jasiri! I applaud the show for not falling into the trap of a lot of children's cartoons making all of one type of character the 'evil' ones. I am desperately awaiting the day she makes a reappearance. I'm sure she will sometime. :)

I don't notice the stiffness too much when Ono flies but I definitely notice it when Fuli runs. It's like her joints don't bend normally... Almost feels to me like when you see those shadow puppet shows that project a flat 2D puppet with hinged joints onto a silk screen? If you know what I mean.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2016, 11:09:50 AM »
I think the paws are drawn and animated strangely on Kion and his family and the fangs are too large and shown sometimes when they don't need to be. A top fang showing in a profile view especially as large as they're drawn in this show make the character look buck toothed. Those are the only problems I have with the style of the show. Aside from that and Simba, Nala and the hyenas looking on the small side, I really love this show.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2016, 11:37:41 AM »
My main disappointment is Simba's voice.  Sorry if I already griped about this, I can't remember LOL.  Anyway, he sounds too old and, I dunno, stiff?  Simba is a young father and, yeah, he can be overprotective (which he definitely was in Simba's Pride), but in TLG he sounds like a 50 year old dad.  There's nothing wrong with the lines they give him, it's just Rob Lowe's voice / delivery.  Nala also sounds too old, but her VA is otherwise good.

But overall I am really enjoying the show.  "Bunga and the King" was surprisingly touching . . . and very funny.  I loved Nala trying to tactfully explain that Bunga was "trying".  The family rendition of Hakuna Matata at the end was so sweet . . . I can just imagine Simba teaching the song to his kids when they were younger.

I kind of expected Bunga to stack up the broken wood to escape the hole, because real honey badgers will move around rocks and wood and stuff in order to reach bee hives and whatnot. 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 11:45:42 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 08, 2016, 12:03:54 PM »
I watched Bunga and the King today on the on demand. I loved it! I enjoyed watching Simba and Bunga bond and become "brothers".

sailorstitch

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal