collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay and Rummage Sales  (Read 1061 times)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Ebay and Rummage Sales
« on: November 17, 2015, 11:06:37 AM »
I always love to live vicariously through other people's brag posts, and I always assume everyone else thinks like me, so here are my latest finds for your viewing pleasure. :)

Recently I bought an interesting Ebay lot -- the fun kind where the first picture is fuzzy and doesn't show nearly everything that's in the lot. No one else bid, to my surprise, and now that it's arrived I've been sorting out the lot and figuring out what stuff is and who goes with which ribbon. (Which is both fun and super hard!)

Wide shot of the ponies in the lot
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Accessory pile (see the flutter wings!)

There was a flat-foot Blue Belle and a nice condition mom and baby Firefly. Lickety Split has great pink hair!

Up, Up, and Away and Milky Way are great (faded hair on UUAA) along with Fizzy (obviously need to tame her hair!) They're wearing someone else's ribbons and I don't know who. Based on the accessories in the lot, there were more ponies originally in this childhood collection, so the ribbons could belong to anybody! :freak:

Lovely flutters with original curls! I love them so much. There were three complete sets of flutter wings in the lot and two extra wings; they all have white tabs, but their past owner put cardboard on some of them. Did the second release flutters all have white tabs on their wings?

Here are the flutter wings, left-side wings on the top and right-side wings on the bottom. The ones with black tabs are the ones with cardboard covering the white original tabs.

I've wanted a Tall Tales and didn't know how pretty she'd be. She has a lovely wavy mane and a spiral curl in her tail; she's also wearing someone else's ribbon. I never noticed before, but the giraffes on her symbol are dancing, lol. I *think* Spunky has her original orange ribbon; from what I can tell, that's what she came with. Sky Rocket (who turned out to be the mail-order version) could also be wearing her own ribbon, but several ponies apparently came with pink, gold-trimmed ribbons . . .

Bright Night with poofy hair, Starglow, and Spring Song!

Nice curly hair on Glow and Little Flitter; I knew they had faded hair, but it's a little pinker than it looks in pictures. These guys were wrapped up in the shipping foam and I almost missed them; I then looked for the third summerwing, Buzzer, but she was nowhere to be found. The seller is very nice and when he got back to me said he'd found her at the bottom of a bin -- somehow she'd been missed -- and he's shipping her to me for free all the way from Canada.

Paws and Waddles with bandanas, Baby Sweet Stuff, Bootsie or Tootsie, and Little Honeypie! Paws may be wearing his original ribbon, from what I could find online. It's super-short, so I'm not positive.

Fun accessories! Several of Baby Shady's accessories here, along with Drink 'n Wet ponies and newborn twin bassinets. Also, adorable Pocket Pals.

Pieces of the Perfume Puff Palace and Show Stable, plus a bushwoolie and Duck Soup! I've wanted Duck Soup for a long time and he (she?) is adorable. The little My Little Puppy labrador puppy was a surprise; I didn't see it in the piles in the auction photo. I happen to already have its mom, found in a thrift store long ago. :) I also forget what the pink heart thing is . . .

As far as the non-MLP stuff (except for the pink feeding dish in the picture, which I didn't realize was MLP at the time), I only know that I have two Sweetie Kitties, a Smooshie bird (?) cage, and a Littlest Pet Shop bird cage. Any help with ID-ing the rest would be appreciated!

------------------------------

Then, my mom and sister and I were out shopping when we were arrested by signs advertising the biannual mega church rummage sale near our house. "Let's just stop in for half an hour!" Right . . .  :P

We got there just before it started and as we were let in, we headed straight for the toy tables. I was so happy to find, lying on top of a small toys bin, an Apple Bloom! I've wanted her for a long time. Below her in the bin was Trixie, who I had just been thinking was so pretty! There were several other pony things at the sale that I don't personally collect, almost all of them G4: a lot of Equestria Girls, who disappeared quickly, and a talking Cadence and Celestia (?), and I think a playset. There were a few other loose G4 ponies and some blind bag figures (I think), but none that I wanted, except for a Lyra Heartstrings. She was in a bag of stuff and cost $1.50 or so. But was it too much for one pony . . . There was also this cardboard castle thingie that I passed over.   

My mom is an official rummage sale expert and leaves no stone unturned. She was the one who opened the castle and pointed out, "There are ponies in here." They were so cute and they had another Lyra, and the whole thing was only $3; there was no question in my mind. :lol:

The castle, the ponies, and some Littlest Pet Shops in the corner (the LPS will be for sale, as I only collect the vintage ones.) The Lyra in the castle turned out to be the original release one (as you can apparently tell from her eye color and the way she's turning?) She's really pretty.

My favorites! Now I have an official G4 collection. Almost overnight my collection grew leaps and bounds and numbers about 12 (I had some at home and switched out some, etc.). :) There are definite pluses to collecting them: they're cute; it's easy to find space for them; and they're relatively easy to find in the wild or inexpensively.

One of my unexpected finds and new favorite plushies is this red panda. So cute and fluffy!

The rummage sale always has great deals; I got two never-opened DVDs (Glory and Legend of Zorro) and everything above for $6. My mom also gave me a G3 Starcatcher she found there. :)

So, that was long! Hope you enjoyed reading. ^.^

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay and Rummage Sales
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 11:14:16 AM »
How cute!! Congrats! You have the greatest time online and in sales! I wish I could find some amazing stuff like that! hehe..

Those three little girls with the gem bodies are Sweet Secrets...if you are selling, I would like the purple haired one, if she is in good condition with no stains, smells, etc. But of course, my interest is peaked when I have no funds until the beginning of next month because I've been busy swap shopping!  >_< :lol:

PM if you'd like! ttyl :) 

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 11:25:32 AM »
Congratulations on such a great lot of ponies  :worship:  I have learned that if I ever do decide to sell on eBay, the posted picture better tell the majority of the story
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline CarolSpain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 11:38:08 AM »
I love this kind of posts with a lot of pictures and ponies!

Thanks to share them.
If you have pics of MIB with text in Spanish, please, share with me!

Offline NigheanRuadh

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Pony rescuer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 11:44:57 AM »
Nice!!  Big lots are so much fun to sort though.  :good:

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 11:46:25 AM »
Congratulations! You've had some amazing luck there, so many wonderful ponies! The Sweetie Kitties are news to me but they are just the cutest! (Must resist the urge to start collecting them...) XD

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 12:33:04 PM »
Nice lot! Paws definitely came with a pink ribbon, it should be the "normal" length for ponies though. My MOC Spunky has a yellow ribbon. :)
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 12:37:32 PM »
Congrats, so many great new additions!  ^.^

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 01:12:54 PM »
Great finds!!!

Jules x

Offline Baby Mischief

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Liberae sunt nostrae cogitationes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2015, 01:27:56 PM »
That is such an awesome lot!! :dribble:

Offline DappledHazel

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2015, 01:51:24 PM »
Awesome! Those two kitties are cute!

Offline Harabel

• Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2015, 02:09:49 PM »
I love see a  lot of pictures of the newest ponies additions!  :frolic:
Your lot is huge and really awesome! Congrats you!! And your Apple Bloom is a cutie!

Offline flying_narwhal

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2015, 04:58:47 PM »
What a fun lot! Congrats on all those goodies :) The little purple centaur is from Kenner's line of toys called "Shimmers".

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2015, 05:19:54 PM »
Wow what a great haul.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2015, 05:37:34 PM »
What a haul!! And you're right, it IS fun to live vicariously through others' brags!  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal