collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need Eye Suggestions!  (Read 745 times)

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Need Eye Suggestions!
« on: November 07, 2015, 10:25:29 PM »
So I'm finally starting on a new doll. I just ordered a 60cm male body from Parabox, and I'll be ordering another DDH 07 head to put on it.

I'm making another Vocaloid Kaito, but this time I'm going with the Diamond Dust outfit. I'm having trouble finding eyes that look just right for the look. Of course...every time I think I've found some, they're not for sale, the poster doesn't know what they are, they're sold out, etc. (My heart is broken because I think Blue Rose Garden eyes would be the most perfect ones ever...but they aren't selling atm)

So I need some other suggestions for eyes that are actually obtainable! :lol:

So here's what I'm talking about:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm mainly wanting something very bright and very glossy/shiny. But it's been hard to find a close color match so far. If anything, I'd prefer the eyes to be more on the light blue side than the gray side if there has to be a choice. I also want anime-esque eyes. I'm not a fan of realistic eyes for this specific doll.

So what do you guys think? I'm new to this, so I'm sure there's lots of shops and places for eyes I don't know about. :)

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Need Eye Suggestions!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 03:41:09 AM »
Hmm. Your best bet when it comes to colour and style would probably be Souldoll. Here's some links, by order of closest resemblance (IMO) to least:

B28

B104

B173

Ersa Flora is another option for anime-style eyes. They also do custom orders from time to time, so if none of the eyes listed suit your fancy it may be worth looking into that:

Moe Eyes

Corolla Eyes (These ones might be a bit too far off, but I figure they're worth linking.)

Finally, SQLab also has a series of anime style eyes. These are resin eyes, a material I'm not too familiar with, but a couple of their pairs have a fairly decent resemblance:

EE-01

EG-01

Hope this helps, or at least gives you a good jumping off point. Happy shopping. :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 03:43:19 AM by Winter Bones »

Offline Noxxbunny

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 10:42:58 AM »
Oooh! Thank you! I'm really loving the ones from Souldoll! :biggrin: I haven't heard of them before! I think the B173 eyes are JUST what I was looking for! It has a great mix of colors.

Though it's a shame they only ship EMS @_@ $27 shipping for one pair of eyes. But if it's for the perfect pair of eyes, I can bite the bullet lol.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 10:46:22 AM by Noxxbunny »

Offline Winter Bones

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 11:36:34 PM »
Though it's a shame they only ship EMS @_@ $27 shipping for one pair of eyes. But if it's for the perfect pair of eyes, I can bite the bullet lol.

Huh. I heard Souldoll was pricey, but I was pleasantly surprised to see the 20 dollar price tag when I went to their site. I should have known there would be a catch somewhere. Glad you found a pair you like, though. c:

Offline Noxxbunny

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 12:47:21 AM »

Huh. I heard Souldoll was pricey, but I was pleasantly surprised to see the 20 dollar price tag when I went to their site. I should have known there would be a catch somewhere. Glad you found a pair you like, though. c:

I'm quickly learning that there always seems to be a catch with buying doll parts lol. I went with a temporary pair of eyes for now. Figured I would order some since I was ordering the head anyway. So I'll hopefully get these next month. They really capture that "icy" look I was wanting.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 12:49:01 AM by Noxxbunny »

Offline xkelpiex

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • They/Them.or Fae/Faer pronouns pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 03:12:13 PM »
Are you on DoA? If so, you might be able to participate in a group order for Souldoll to save on shipping!

Offline Noxxbunny

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 04:41:23 PM »
Are you on DoA? If so, you might be able to participate in a group order for Souldoll to save on shipping!

A group order is exactly what I was thinking about, but unfortunately I'm not a DoA member, since I don't own a BJD. I've never actually been there, but I think I've heard the doll I'll be having(An Obitsu/DD hybrid) is off-topic anyway? :huh: I'm not sure. I've been confused about how they work since I don't go there.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 05:18:07 AM »

A group order is exactly what I was thinking about, but unfortunately I'm not a DoA member, since I don't own a BJD. I've never actually been there, but I think I've heard the doll I'll be having(An Obitsu/DD hybrid) is off-topic anyway? :huh: I'm not sure. I've been confused about how they work since I don't go there.

Actually Dollfie Dreams and Obitsus (60, 50, 40) are grandfathered in. So they would be considered on topic.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Noxxbunny

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 11:58:01 AM »

Actually Dollfie Dreams and Obitsus (60, 50, 40) are grandfathered in. So they would be considered on topic.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. :) Maybe I'll try to join sometime then.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 05:45:35 PM »

No problem. I'm not active there at all, but it's market place has been pretty useful. :)

I'm actually looking for eyes for my DD right now too. Except I have nooo idea what I'm looking for. So I'm just trying to browse everything.
The grey/blue ones pictured on this site look so great for your doll, but unfortunately it's such an ancient blog link. u_u; http://dollcexdollce.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-184.html

On another note, if you really do love those blue rose garden eyes, it seems like this site carries them second hand: http://dollfieworld.com/en/search?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=blue+rose+garden&submit_search=

http://dollfieworld.com/en/home/8178-ronronshuka-22mm-dd-eyes-22-102208.html
Maybe you might like those? Although maybe too grey. u_u

Offline Noxxbunny

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 06:25:15 PM »

No problem. I'm not active there at all, but it's market place has been pretty useful. :)

I'm actually looking for eyes for my DD right now too. Except I have nooo idea what I'm looking for. So I'm just trying to browse everything.
The grey/blue ones pictured on this site look so great for your doll, but unfortunately it's such an ancient blog link. u_u; http://dollcexdollce.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-184.html

On another note, if you really do love those blue rose garden eyes, it seems like this site carries them second hand: http://dollfieworld.com/en/search?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=blue+rose+garden&submit_search=

http://dollfieworld.com/en/home/8178-ronronshuka-22mm-dd-eyes-22-102208.html
Maybe you might like those? Although maybe too grey. u_u

I hadn't posted it yet, but I stumbled onto Dollfieworld last night and they did have one of the colors I wanted in Blue Rose Garden eyes, so I ordered them! :biggrin: I'm worried they might be a little too big, but if they are...I'll still find a use for them. They're too pretty lol.

I hope you find some eyes you like too. :)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2015, 06:29:11 PM »
:) OOo, I'd love to see them when you get your doll put together!

I'll find something for me eventually ;) ambiguous planning is kinda fun

Offline Noxxbunny

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2015, 02:53:07 PM »
:) OOo, I'd love to see them when you get your doll put together!

I'll find something for me eventually ;) ambiguous planning is kinda fun

I'll totally post when he's put together! Hopefully the eyes will come quickly. They shipped already, so they'll hopefully get here in a week or two.

Ambiguous planning does sound fun too. I'm way too much of a meticulous planner to go that route though lol.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2015, 08:45:00 PM »
i was going to recommend parabox.jp's candy eyes. i have a few pairs and they are beautiful!!
but if you bought the head the other parts from there, you probably saw them already.
i do wish they had more size options though.
i have a bjd coming in the mail, and was planning on getting him the candy eyes. well if the "random" eyes they come with are the wrong color.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 08:46:50 PM by rosierjay »

Offline Noxxbunny

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2015, 10:51:01 PM »
i was going to recommend parabox.jp's candy eyes. i have a few pairs and they are beautiful!!
but if you bought the head the other parts from there, you probably saw them already.
i do wish they had more size options though.
i have a bjd coming in the mail, and was planning on getting him the candy eyes. well if the "random" eyes they come with are the wrong color.

The candy eyes did look nice, but they're too small for mine, unfortunately. It seems 20mm is the sweet spot size for the head I have.

I'm glad to hear they're good though! :) I hope you get the color you want with your bjd. Random color sounds exciting in a way.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal