collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PC: looking to purchase someday, probably some year...UK babies  (Read 823 times)

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
I am growing fond of the UK released babies that have an adult American counterpart.  I like all their babies actually, but must maintain some kind of focus...must stay strong.  So wondering, how much are these little guys going to set me back.  A wise person told me that ponies tend to be at their lowest price point in the summer so will probably hold off unless I see an awesome deal!

baby applejack
baby bowtie
baby lemon drop
baby cherries jubilee
baby buttons
baby gusty
baby lickety-split
baby ribbon
baby heart throb
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: PC: looking to purchase someday, probably some year...UK babies
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 11:36:48 PM »
I've recently bought most of these ponies. I've been after them for years but couldn't spend the money on them. And they used to be way more expensive then they currently are! If you are patient, you can generally get a good deal on these. If you scour eBay uk and eBay Germany you can usually find them for less, but shipping will always be more overseas.

baby applejack -$20-25
baby bowtie $15-25
baby lemon drop depending on which one you are looking for ember pose $15-20. Baby blossom pose - $30-40
baby cherries jubilee - $35-50 just bought mine for $38.
baby buttons $30-45 she can fluctuate just bought mine for $40
baby gusty $35-45
baby lickety-split $20-30
baby ribbon $35-45
baby heart throb $45-60

Like I said if you are patient and persistent you can find all for under $30 each but be warned it will take time. Baby heart throb in my opinion is the hardest to come across out of these, followed by baby buttons and baby cherries jubilee. Baby ribbon took me a minute to find too. Apple jack, bow tie, lemon drop, and lickity split should give you no trouble.

Best of luck!!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 11:40:07 PM by Mermaid »
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline TickleMePink

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 02:15:46 AM »
I am growing fond of the UK released babies that have an adult American counterpart. 

Yes! They are the absolute cutest when matched with their adults too.
:lovey: Yes to dance beneith the diamond sky with one hand waving free :lovey:
Thanks to Nence for my avatar!
Formerly known as gredelingrrrl

Offline jrr74

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 05:56:58 AM »

baby applejack -$20-25
baby bowtie $15-25
baby lemon drop depending on which one you are looking for ember pose $15-20. Baby blossom pose - $30-40
baby cherries jubilee - $35-50 just bought mine for $38.
baby buttons $30-45 she can fluctuate just bought mine for $40
baby gusty $35-45
baby lickety-split $20-30
baby ribbon $35-45
baby heart throb $45-60

Like I said if you are patient and persistent you can find all for under $30 each but be warned it will take time. 

Best of luck!!
Thank you, I am going to print out these dollar amts and use them as a guideline.  Their prices, with patience of course, are not as scary as I thought they would be.  If you have time, would love to see a picture of these guys posted in a group picture, with or without the adults. 

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 06:00:23 AM by jrr74 »
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 07:50:23 AM »
I am growing fond of the UK released babies that have an adult American counterpart.  I like all their babies actually, but must maintain some kind of focus...must stay strong.  So wondering, how much are these little guys going to set me back.  A wise person told me that ponies tend to be at their lowest price point in the summer so will probably hold off unless I see an awesome deal!

baby applejack
baby bowtie
baby lemon drop
baby cherries jubilee
baby buttons
baby gusty
baby lickety-split
baby ribbon
baby heart throb
Baby Cherries Jubilee and baby Buttons are not UK ponies. They're German/Austrian release only. That not only affects their price but also where you will be able to buy them from.

Baby Lemon Drop (shy pose) is UK release, but the other pose one isn't, and nor is the Spanish one. Baby Heart Throb with winged hearts seems predominately to be Scandinavian, no winged hearts is more UK release.

Baby Applejack and the others were all sold in the UK but all of them bar the shy pose Baby bow Tie (I believe) were sold in other places in Europe as well. I know a lot of European collectors get annoyed with ponies they had in their countries being called UK ponies too. (Just as I get annoyed when ponies I had as a kid are called US ponies xD) As a result we're trying to stamp out of collecting the tendency to call anything not sold in the US "UK", especially if they were not, in fact, ever sold in the UK (like Baby Buttons and Baby CJ).

Sorry to be pedantic and geeky but that's sort of what I do...

In terms of their rarity, I think different areas see batches of different ones. When I was carbooting I found more Baby Heart Throbs than any of the others from her set, and Baby Gusty I only ever found once (which is my one, I may never have had a double, actually!). The problem with Baby HT is the two versions, and it is harder to get the winged hearts version (though not impossible).

Baby Applejack, Bow Tie and Lemon Drop are more common here than any of the second set. Baby Bow Tie more than Baby Lemon Drop, probably, but they come up about the same amount IMO. The stroller for Baby Lemon Drop hardly ever comes up unbroken though (I'm looking to upgrade mine so I've been checking).

Baby Lickety is not more common, she is just less popular because of all the Lickety variations I think - a lot of people settle for the BBE and FT and don't worry too much about her. She also gets confused for those in auction lots sometimes. Alll of the 1986 Play and Care Set Babies are hard to find in context with other ponies released at the same time (eg Hopscotch, Snowflake). I think because their sets were more expensive.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 08:07:58 AM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline jrr74

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 08:06:09 AM »
No harm done.  I was actually smiling while being schooled because I appreciate your passion and dedication.  I will try to better educate myself next time.   ^.^
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2015, 08:11:42 AM »
No harm done.  I was actually smiling while being schooled because I appreciate your passion and dedication.  I will try to better educate myself next time.   ^.^

It's unfortunately a deep rooted twitch of mine, esp with Baby CJ ;) But it is a problem other people have mentioned too. The lines are a lot more blurry - there are actually really few "UK only" ponies.

But I admit that when I see stuff like that I also start wondering why I spent time putting info on my website in the first place...;)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 08:13:19 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2015, 08:31:36 AM »
Haha I have this goal for myself as well! So far I have seen two baby heartthrobs come up and sell for $40+
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2015, 10:01:52 AM »
I actually had the same goal but from the opposite perspective - I needed Babies Glory, Moondancer, Firefly, Surprise (and their Mums) as well as the German ones as they one by one began to appear online.

Who knows why Hasbro didn't just sell them all everywhere.

I also wonder why no symbol variation of Baby Buttons like baby Heart Throb, since Buttons here has both the SS symbol and the regular symbol and Baby Buttons really only matches the regular buttons and stars symbol, whereas Baby Heart Throb can match the original and the SS Heart Throb.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Mermaid

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2015, 11:33:25 PM »
Thanks taffeta! ❤️❤️❤️

Here's a picture of my girls minus baby apple jack. I can't seem to find mine!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I got my baby heart throb on eBay from a seller overseas on a best offer. I lowballed an offer of $30 and got her. I was stunned. Like I said earlier, to me heart throb was the hardest to find. Gusty was the first one I bought so it was opposite of taffeta!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 11:37:05 PM by Mermaid »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2015, 01:37:31 PM »
After reading this thread last night I saw a Baby HT on Ebay surpassing £40. Not even $ but £. Which was a bit weird. I guess she's more sought after now. I swear we had more of her than anything else in this area...maybe that's the reason, maybe I traded them all away years ago xD.

I do often wonder what Hasbro were thinking with their distribution though. Especially over here. O.o I wouldn't put it past them to send ten crates of Baby Heart Throb here and ten Baby Lickety somewhere else...

@ Mermaid - your Heart Throb is winged, too! :) The one we used to find carbooting was this one:

I suspect that makes a difference as I suspect MOST people want the winged hearts one to go with regular Mama HT.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 01:39:16 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2015, 02:37:16 PM »
baby applejack - $25
baby bowtie - $20-25
baby lemon drop - $20-22
baby cherries jubilee - $50
baby buttons - $45
baby gusty - $65
baby lickety-split - $20
baby ribbon - $30
baby heart throb - $45 with winged hearts, $55 with non winged hearts
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Mermaid

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2015, 12:25:21 AM »
which hear throb is harder to find? Just curious, as hathorcat PC'd the non winged one higher. But taffeta said the winged on is harder to find. I think I've seen more non winged ones in my time, but not sure.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2015, 08:43:28 AM »
Hathorcat's information is going to be more current than mine, since the carbootsale I used to get ponies from is long since gone. I just thought that winged hearts might be more sought after because she more resembles the mother pony. And, of course, it depends where you are. In Scandinavia I think winged hearts is more common, here in the UK no wings is more common. And obviously none are as common as they were years back.  I haven't had a trade Baby HT for a while in either form, because of being out of the community for such a long time up till March/April this year.

So yeah, go with what Hathorcat said ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline jrr74

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2015, 01:21:03 PM »
Thanks taffeta! ❤️❤️❤️

Here's a picture of my girls minus baby apple jack. I can't seem to find mine!visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I got my baby heart throb on eBay from a seller overseas on a best offer. I lowballed an offer of $30 and got her. I was stunned. Like I said earlier, to me heart throb was the hardest to find. Gusty was the first one I bought so it was opposite of taffeta!

Thank you for sharing your baby ponies!  Looking forward to adding these little girls to my collection some day, especially baby CJ.  I love her as an adult, but even more so as a baby  :lovey:
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal