collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who actually plays with their Ponies?  (Read 1218 times)

Offline NigheanRuadh

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Pony rescuer!!
    • View Profile
Who actually plays with their Ponies?
« on: November 02, 2015, 06:21:45 PM »
I'm quite curious about who plays with their colorful little equine toys and who just displays them.   ^.^

How about it?  Do you play with them or is your collection for show only?

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Who actually plays with their Ponies?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 06:35:32 PM »
My collection is for display mostly, but on occasion I will bust out a play session.  :lol: I tend to play with the babies the most..  ^.^

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 07:40:38 PM »
I will let my daughter play with some of them.  In fact, I have given her a few of my 30+ year old ponies (not from my childhood collection of course, those are sacred  :biggrin:).  They are more on the bait side but she doesn't know the difference.  It actually pretty sweet watching her talk to them.
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline moevelvet

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 08:34:01 PM »
I play with mine, but not as often as I should!
I think they get lonely just sitting there on the shelf, so I like to take them down and cuddle them at the very least.  Sometimes I watch MLP with them.
Current profile pic from: http://kero444.deviantart.com/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Ember by Nence

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 08:51:49 PM »
My new form of play has been to take cool pictures with captions. Though I will play if my daughter asks me to play. Don't think I could do it without a kid in sight.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline pickwick_pirate

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 09:15:12 PM »
Yes ... But very rarely. Like leave a whisper said, my play is mainly taking photographs or just occasionally repositioning them. I tend to count washing and cleaning them as play too, as I tend to end up just playing with their hair and making them look beeeyotiful.
However. The other day I had some that needed cleaning, so I thought "ah well I'll just take them into the shower with me when I wash and give them a quick rinse ..."

Yeah that ended with g3 petal blossom using her slh hair to rescue Sundance from the water filled canyon after tumbling kff the cliff face. Aka: I stood them on the side of the tup whilst I was washing and Sundance fell into the bath and simply picking her up was to easy for me.

PrincessGlitterBloom

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 10:18:53 PM »
If by play you mean reposition so they kiss or braid their hair and put little skirts on them then yes

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2015, 10:44:26 PM »
No but i love re-hairing bait ponies to give to my little niece to play with!  I really want to do heaps of cool photoshoots with my collection though, make cute little scenes, does that count?  :)

Offline Lore-Lei

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 11:57:48 PM »
When the family is not around, I do sometimes play with Twily. Cuddle her, brush her hair, these kind of things.

S.o.a.r.

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2015, 12:15:08 AM »
My niece used to play with some of the ponies (my non-favorites) since I trusted her to be gentle. But personally I haven't played with ponies for about 15 years. Although whenever I'm back at my parents' house (where I keep my ponies) I go upstairs and check in on them to make sure they're still there. ^.^

Offline Kittywhiskers

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Kai, he/him or they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2015, 01:16:29 AM »
I sometimes play with mine. I also usually keep at least one next to my computer when I'm doing stuff.
Cannot have anything scented in the house, unfortunately. Seeking the unscented, magnetless variant of Thistle Whistle. (And wishing the other Sunny Scent ponies got similar ones, because they're lovely. *sigh*)

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2015, 02:11:42 AM »
Kind of... Every now and then my friend comes round to "play ponies", this just involves brushing their hair, putting the pony wear outfits on them, and her seeing which new ones I've got (she's not a collector but loved them as a child; she just has a handful of ponies that replace her childhood ones or that I've bought her).
I quite often go and just look at them or move them around, brush their hair etc. I suppose that's my version of "play" now, it's nowhere near as elaborate as when u was a child, but it's soothing for me.

Jules x

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2015, 03:09:36 AM »
No but i love re-hairing bait ponies to give to my little niece to play with!  I really want to do heaps of cool photoshoots with my collection though, make cute little scenes, does that count?  :)

I do this too but I tend to sell my re hairs as my niece is too young to play with them.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2015, 03:33:09 AM »
Don't play with them, but every so often I'll hug one of my plushies (namely my Fluttershy, Flutterbat, and Woona ones).

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2015, 04:27:45 AM »
I make up stories about them and pose them.  Although one time I did a pony courtroom murder trial, it was pretty intense.  I can't even remember who the victim was but Windy was the culprit.  And she would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for that meddling defense team!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal