collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: eBay global shipping question  (Read 375 times)

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
eBay global shipping question
« on: November 01, 2015, 08:34:38 PM »
Hi all,

I have a question about an auction of my own and Ebay's global shipping program.

I have been contacted by a bidder in Australia (I live in the U.S.) who is asking if I will change the shipping from priority to standard to save money.  However I didn't set the shipping- Ebay's global ship program did.  Can this be changed or is it something EBay decides?
    Also, are there any potential downsides if it changes from USPS priority to standard? The auction is not a pony and is likely to go highish (40.00?).  Would standard still have tracking and insurance?

Thanks!

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
Re: eBay global shipping question
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 10:08:08 PM »
No,standard wich is first class international  has no insurance,and it does have tracking, first Class international  has tracking but is not guaranteed to be tracked, but mostly for Australia  most of the packages do get tracked all the way ,but sometimes they don't .
In case it does not get tracked ,there is a risk they can open a non received item and you will be forced to return money and be out of the money and the item .
but I have taken the risk and sent items that are less than 60 dllrs that way ,and so far no problems
I would leave the priority service on the listing, but I think you   you can modify the listing  from Global shipping program ,if you can't, contact Ebay to get it changed.
GSP is more expensive and it will take longer to get to your customer, plus they repackaged your parcel at their shipping centers :(
they remove extra packaging that you place to protect the item, to make it lighter :( is a nightmare to use, if you rather don't want to take any risks, just use priority service and insured the packages on top of it .
Priority international gives a free partial insurance  ,so u have to pay extra to insure it 100  %
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 10:11:09 PM by HoustonCollector72 »
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 04:07:56 AM »
You can change your settings to remove the global shipping program or you can ask ebay to do it for you if your own settings dont allow it . Normally you can change it though... I believe unless something has changed you cant change it once an auction has been won/BIN or when there are bids either :( 
For future auctions you can add /change shipping options if you don't use the GSP (which I would recommend for future - that's my personal choice. I like to know exactly how I packed my item is how it will arrive - I don't approve of GSP repacking in a flimsy light box! also sometimes international customers get charged too much in customs fees so that puts people off GSP too) but I wouldn't send anything of value without tracking or D/C . In fact all my items are sent that way now for protection  :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 05:56:28 PM »
Thank you both!  I didn't try to change the auction since it already had bids, and fortunately it was won by a U.S. bidder.

I had no idea the GSP re packed people's items.  I will definitely be opting out in the future :blink:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal