collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's been your best eBay pony score?  (Read 1445 times)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
Re: What's been your best eBay pony score?
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2015, 08:02:09 AM »
I got a nice lot of ponies for about $25 (I think) which, among several other nice ponies that I didn't have or could resell, was a blue hearts Dazzleglow. :D Definitely my best eBay find.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2015, 01:05:30 PM »
Nope :P All these years of collection and I honestly cant remember any out and out "ooooh! bargain!" unfortunately :P My day will come I hope :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2015, 01:40:45 PM »
I love reading these posts. My great ebay win was some years ago also. I BINed a lot which had, baby dancing butterflies with her original ribbon, baby sapphire and her ring, baby night cap and the school of ballet playset for 15 pounds ($25 us)

I have been quite lucky and found some other nice deals in my time, the one above was my best ebay deal

Offline moevelvet

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2015, 02:49:12 PM »
$30 inc shipping for a lot of 25 bait ponies and a Muffins!
Current profile pic from: http://kero444.deviantart.com/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Ember by Nence

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2015, 09:20:07 PM »
Sweet Scoops $15 BIN  :lookround:

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2015, 09:36:01 PM »
I found an Ice Crystal for $45ish, in an auction no less! I think it was partly because I had to stay up til 4AM to bid on him, and this was at least 10 years ago! :P But I was super excited, even if he had tail rust and a little trim! (And some little mold dots maybe, now that I think of it...) I still love him! :heart:

I also got my Soft Sleepy Newborns for, at the time, what seemed like a lot - but apparently they were a deal? :P I got two of them in a lot for about $120, and the last one for $60 or something?
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2015, 10:45:15 PM »
I got a Baby Milky Way for $12 2 years ago. It was an auction too but she was mislabeled so no one else bid.

Like 15 years ago I got MOC Argentina baby pony for $20. I sure wish I had bought more but at the time I was just finishing high school and didn't have much to spend on pony collecting.

I think I do pretty good finding good deals on my ponies but those are the best prices I can think of. 

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2015, 06:13:13 AM »
Prototype G4 Minty for $50! Also got  G4 Feathermay for $11, $9 Diamond Rose!!!!

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2015, 06:18:47 AM »
Several years ago I BINed a listing of about 5 ponies for ~$20.  One of then was pink Sprinkles and another was someone uncommon but not as rare as Sprinkles (don't remember who, maybe a Dazzleglow or something).  The other 3 were commons.  And I've won several Mimics for under $50. 

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2015, 06:48:41 AM »
I'm amazed by some of the Ebay wins you guys have had! My modest Ebay score (as far as inexpensiveness) was lately when I got this lot of 42 for a buy-it-now:

They're in very good condition, and they came out to about $2 per pony, which is hard to find on Ebay these days. :) Ponies were hiding; in the back, there's a Lemon Treats and a Barnacle with his bandana and hat. Seems like some of the best deals are buy-it-nows!

« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 06:50:20 AM by Haruna »

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2015, 01:04:58 PM »
Best ever?  Tailless Sternenglanz for $5.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2015, 02:21:36 PM »
Baby Susie...

This Baby Susie, I mean.

She was labelled as just Baby Susie UK exclusive, no mention of her pose or anything. I was so scared someone else would spot her but nobody did. She cost me $21 back in 1998. Back then Ebay didn't have thumbnails down the side and people were still not totally familiar with UK poses. Baby Susie is a more common UK baby, and was even then, so most people didn't think much of her.

She has to be my best ebay score because no others have ever surfaced in all the time since.

But I have lots of ebay wins that, emotionally, nostalgically, mean a lot more - and even if they cost more, I still count them as 'scores' xD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Freeindeed

• Trade Count: (+208)
    • View Profile
    • Iris Tiger
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2015, 06:14:08 PM »
I have been keeping this under my hat for years but since you asked... :D A couple years back I  was browsing through eBay's auctions that were ending that day. I'm an old-school eBayer so I don't just look at the pictures-- when I started on eBay half the time there WERE no pictures! So I always read the titles as well.

Anyway, there was an auction that just showed a picture of Megan and Sundance, with a starting bid of $250, which made me go, "Yipes!" at first. But then the title said it was a lot of ponies. So I clicked onto the auction, expecting it to be a bunch of manky Blossoms and Cotton Candies like usual, but this lot was seriously AMAZING!

There were a good 30 or 40 ponies, all in pristine shape, with their accessories and backcards, and most of them still had the stickers. Most of them looked like they had just come out of the package, including several So Softs, and ponies with perfect original curl, etc.  But the really great part, was that also included in the lot was a Year 3 Adult Sea Pony Sand Dollar, with her shell and box. I squeed so hard when I saw her, because she was one of my long-lost childhood ponies, and she's so expensive I never thought I'd have her again. I didn't even bother adding her to my want list, because I thought no way would I ever get her.

In the end I was the only bidder, at $250. I'm guessing most people just looked at the first pic and the price and balked, because there is no way with that Sand Dollar hiding in there it wouldn't have had some more bidding action. I sold most of the other ponies to pay for the lot, so I pretty much got Sand Dollar for free!

She still has a place of pride in my collection. One day I hope I'll have a similar lucky score with her sticker. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal