collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Baby Palm Tree hair colors  (Read 331 times)

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
Baby Palm Tree hair colors
« on: October 20, 2015, 09:43:55 PM »
I just received a large lot of ponies in the mail today and the one I was looking forward to the most, baby palm tree, has a very long, thinned out, looking tail.  If I go to the dollyhair website, from what I can tell, the 2 closest colors are electric banana and forget me not, but does anyone know for sure?

Also, what is the quickest way to do a tail?  Do I have to pop the head off or can I just warm up the back side to make it more pliable to insert a plug?  Her tail is not going to be subjected to a whole lot of pulling so I am leaning towards simple like the pig who build his house of straw  :lol:.  Does anyone know the approximate length that should be out?

Thanks from someone who has not done any hair projects yet,
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Baby Palm Tree hair colors
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 07:55:10 AM »
Going by the listed pony matches on Dollyhair, Forget Me Not and Electric Banana would be correct - her blue matches Chief, the neon yellow-green matches Surprise.  Baby Pineapple's tail tends to look green in places but it's just a mix of the blue and chartreuse colors. I've got 4.5 inches of exposed tail on mine.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 02:35:24 PM »
Just pop off the head, pull the hair in the through the tail hole, secure it, put the head back on and cut it to the length you want. Tails are fantastically easy. :3 Congrats and if you have the time, I would love to see pictures. She's the prettiest of a very gorgeous trio.

Mlprestorationproject has all kinds neat tutorials.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 02:37:36 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 07:11:18 PM »
Thank you both for the advice.  Will order the hair and as soon as I figure out how to put up pics, will do.  I am not a very technological person.   :blush:
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal