collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bright Eye TE Restoration - Mane Color Help Needed  (Read 582 times)

Offline Chelsea7

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Bright Eye TE Restoration - Mane Color Help Needed
« on: October 20, 2015, 07:43:56 AM »
Hello all,
 While this is not exactly a custom technically what I'm asking falls under the customizing category, so I felt like it would be appropriate to ask here.

Lately in my travels I found a Bright Eyes twinkle eye who was sold for a ridiculously low price simply because she's missing the very first three plugs of hair, has a bit of body discoloration, and has wonky legs. Body discoloration happens, so I'm not too bothered by it, and I'm sticking a pencil between her legs to get them to separate over time.
 I'm not afraid to rehair my ponies, especially not for BE who goes for like $50 everywhere -_- .  But I'm having problems finding an exact match for the white colored hair. I don't want to buy white hair that's going to be way too bright, and I don't want to buy hair that's too dull.  Does anyone know the correct hair color for the white portion of  BEs mane?

I have pics now!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 10:15:45 AM by Chelsea7 »
My Tumblr

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
Re: Bright Eye TE Mane Help?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 07:56:47 AM »
I've used White Witch (Dollyhair) before but that's because it matches my Bright Eyes. Yours could be Buttercreme, White Chocolate, or Virgin Snow and the shades wouldn't match because of the degree of yellowing that has occurred with your particular pony.  -_-   Sorry I can't be more help but you could make a pretty close guesstimate if you're just redoing the missing plugs if you trust your screen settings. ^^;
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Chelsea7

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 10:27:39 AM »
I've used White Witch (Dollyhair) before but that's because it matches my Bright Eyes. Yours could be Buttercreme, White Chocolate, or Virgin Snow and the shades wouldn't match because of the degree of yellowing that has occurred with your particular pony.  -_-   Sorry I can't be more help but you could make a pretty close guesstimate if you're just redoing the missing plugs if you trust your screen settings. ^^;
That's actually really helpful. I had not taken in the fact that yellowing has occurred. I will have to make my best guess once she arrives. From the screen it looks like White Witch/White Chocolate might be a fit, it's not yellow enough for buttercream. Thank you for the help!
My Tumblr

Offline PinkieShyPony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 10:49:17 AM »
You could try taking a small bit from the ponies tail. That way it would more than likely be an exact match. I've done that many times before. Although sometimes with the multi colored hair you don't get enough of the certain color you need but you could check yours when you get her.  :)

Offline Chelsea7

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 07:49:38 PM »
You could try taking a small bit from the ponies tail. That way it would more than likely be an exact match. I've done that many times before. Although sometimes with the multi colored hair you don't get enough of the certain color you need but you could check yours when you get her.  :)
That's not a bad idea either. Now it comes down to trying to decide if I want extra white hair for some other rehair, so I have it on hand for future bait purchases.
My Tumblr

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 08:38:35 PM »
If you need, i have virgin snow, and maybe one or two of the other shades mentioned... i can send you a pinch of each i have if youre in no real hurry.

Offline Chelsea7

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 07:41:15 AM »
If you need, i have virgin snow, and maybe one or two of the other shades mentioned... i can send you a pinch of each i have if youre in no real hurry.
That would actually be amazing! Only if you absolutely don't need them right now. I can totally compare them to her mane!
My Tumblr

Offline Chelsea7

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Bright Eye TE Restoration - Mane Color Help Needed
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2015, 10:15:56 AM »
Updates!
My Tumblr

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Bright Eye TE Restoration - Mane Color Help Needed
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2015, 05:17:06 PM »
i don't know if this is too late, but i think dollyhair.com will send you a sample of up to 5 different hair colors.  you could try that!
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal