collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Argie Sundance  (Read 535 times)

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
Argie Sundance
« on: October 15, 2015, 07:19:44 AM »
My boyfriend got me an Argentina Sundance for my birthday on eBay from a seller in Argentina. There was no mention of it or evidence in the auction photos but her head has obviously been detached as it is very loose and if I was brave enough, I could easily pop her head off. Is this a common thing or indicative of tampering such as rehairing, etc. ? I am just a little disappointed that she was like that as I am sure she shouldn't be that way. Also, I don't want my boyfriend to have been taken by someone for an unfair price or something (or undisclosed condition). I mean YAY for my boyfriend and Argie ponies but yeah...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
Re: Argie Sundance
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 07:29:16 AM »
Did you already get the pony? That the head has been detached doesn't necessarily mean that it has had a rehair. Maybe the previous owner did a deep cleaning and opened the pony and the didn't glue the head back. I guess the seller should have put it in the description though.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 08:32:33 AM »
Is there any evidence of existing glue / deliberate removal?  Sometimes Nirvanas didn't get their heads glued down to begin with, the safety standards in other countries as well as how dutifully they were followed varied a lot.  Even with US/UK releases, it does happen that the glue ages to the point where it loses its ability to hold without any interference or deliberate action.    Rehairs are pretty easy to check for, tidy factory weave is hard to imitate - a quick check of the inside of Sundance's head should tell the tale.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 11:25:59 AM »
How sweet of your BF to buy you a pony ^.^

Some Argentina ponies have loose heads, so a loose head doesn't always mean she's been tampered with.

As others have said her head could have been removed for cleaning or the glue has perished over time.

If her head is loose, don't be shy about popping her head off.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 07:19:07 PM »
A majority of my ponies have had their heads removed at one point or another. While it can be a sign of "tampering", the glue doesn't last forever and allows you to thoroughly clean the pony and check for any signs of anything funky. If the head is loose, a quick look is enough to let you know if something's been replaced. Factory weaves are very distinct and look nothing like a hand-done rehair.  :)
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal