collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What would you do with this pony?  (Read 766 times)

Offline NigheanRuadh

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Pony rescuer!!
    • View Profile
What would you do with this pony?
« on: October 14, 2015, 12:54:45 PM »
This sad Bowtie was given to me by a classmate many, many years ago.  I'm not particularly attached to her (I have another Bowtie in better condition), but I don't really want to just chuck her, either.  What would you do?  Obviously, mane and tail could be replaced, and the scribbled replacement "tail" might possibly be sunfaded.  What about the mismatched/discolored head?  Is it even worth it to try to salvage her?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Your thoughts?  :)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 12:58:32 PM by NigheanRuadh »

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
Re: What would you do with this pony?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 01:40:03 PM »
She looks like a great candidate for a custom project to me!  If you don't customize, you could sell her to a member who does.  Baity G1s usually sell anywhere from $1-$4 depending on various factors.  So, definitely don't chuck her!

Offline moevelvet

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 01:42:39 PM »
Poor girl!  I agree, she would make an excellent custom project.
Current profile pic from: http://kero444.deviantart.com/
Ember by Nence

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 02:28:29 PM »
I'd try to restore her if her paintwork is all good. I'd take the head off, give her an oxyclean bath then sunfade her to remove the biro and reduce yellowing. Then I'd give her a new tail and style. Then your other bowtie would have a twin sister and you can save the memories of your friend. If the hair is cut maybe you could give her an alt hair colour, I bet baby blue would be awesome. Have fun!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 02:30:39 PM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline NigheanRuadh

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Pony rescuer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 02:37:55 PM »
When you say, "sunfade her to...reduce yellowing," do you mean the discoloration of her head?  Would I need to put anything on her first, or just stick her in the sun?  I know that sunfading for pen mark removal involves putting Clearasil or something on the marks first. 

Her bows have faded to white, but I don't think it would be difficult to recolor them.  Her forelock has been cut, so at least that much of her hair would have to be replaced.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 03:16:26 PM »
When you say, "sunfade her to...reduce yellowing," do you mean the discoloration of her head?  Would I need to put anything on her first, or just stick her in the sun?  I know that sunfading for pen mark removal involves putting Clearasil or something on the marks first. 

Her bows have faded to white, but I don't think it would be difficult to recolor them.  Her forelock has been cut, so at least that much of her hair would have to be replaced.

Yeah, you might be able to sunfade out the yellowing on the head if you're lucky, and biro on the body too. Try a few days bright sun on each side, just put her in the window. Don't use cream, its bad for the plastic and can case discoloration on blue and green ponies. If her bows are already white I probably wouldn't bother covering them, just cover the remaining hair so it'll be easier to match. It's easy to replace a forelock and tail. Just get a replacement tail and use some for the forelock. Maybe cover the eyes while sunfading too :) I'd give her a white bow to match her symbols. Hope it works out! If not then bait her, she won't mind. Hope this helps. P.s. just use oxyclean in warm water and leave for a few hours, don't boil :-)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 03:22:35 PM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline NigheanRuadh

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Pony rescuer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 04:44:37 PM »
OK.  I'll try sunfading her a bit.  She has some plugs missing from her mane, as well as the cut forelock, so I'd probably end up replacing all of it. 

Thanks for the suggestions!!

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 04:49:58 PM »
If it were ME and I had a pony in that condition, especially if I already had a better condition version of the same pony, I'd try my hand at customizing! You could always paint over discoloration and give her new hair, give her a new lease on life as a new pony, or an enhanced version of herself.   :biggrin:

Offline NigheanRuadh

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Pony rescuer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2015, 05:12:15 PM »
I haven't ruled out the possibility of customizing her.  :)  I'd like to try the sunfading to at least see how it comes out.  I'm already thinking of repainting her symbols in another color (since they have faded to white) and/or giving her an alternate hair color.  :)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2015, 06:54:29 PM »

Nooooooo!  Never use acne cream on ponies!  It just continues to keep bleaching over time!

Just cover her eyes/symbols with tin foil and stick her in the sun.

Here are some examples why you should NEVER let Clearasil or the like anywhere near your ponies:

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,330090.0.html

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,352914.0.html

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,293568.0.html

« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 06:59:37 PM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline NigheanRuadh

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Pony rescuer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2015, 07:48:41 PM »
Ah.  Thanks for the tip.  :)  I'll stick to just plain sun.  :)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2015, 04:45:53 PM »
I'd say either restore it customize.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2015, 02:28:42 PM »
I like the idea of trying to restore her to a semblance of her original :) You could even so something simple like a different hair colour to give her a unique character. Good luck!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal