collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you run an Ask Blog on Tumblr? If so, this topic might be for you  (Read 495 times)

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
For those who don't know what an ask blog is, is a blog where you act as a character and people can send you questions so you reply them according to that character.

I think it would be a good idea to start this topic here so we could share our blogs and advice on how to run them and deal with possible problems.

Personally I'm running ask-cuphead, a character from a videogame which wasn't released yet... yeah, it sounds a bit risky - added to that I'm incredibly shy, things are going... bumpy  :drunk:

If you mention your blog here, please keep in mind that they have to be safe for everybody, so please don't include blogs that contain adult content.

Annnd here it goes.

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
Re: Do you run an Ask Blog on Tumblr? If so, this topic might be for you
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 01:22:28 PM »
Oh is cuphead still not out yet?? I thought the game had released by now!

Great choice for an ask blog. I ran two pony blogs in the past. One was about my oc, Bekuno, as a pony (she's the one in my avi and sig here) but it has been remodled and all content moved to another blog. Said new blog does have some inappropriate content though it is buried down so I wont link to it.

My other old ask blog is here: ask-winterberry.tumblr.com It's pretty horrid, I'm learning digital now and my art has improved since these days.

While they were fun, I became very stressed and felt forced to update more frequently than I could. I always think about starting again but I know it'll wind up dissolving to nothing after a few months.. sigh
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 08:45:13 AM »
I don't have a blog, character or otherwise. No time or energy to deal with it.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 11:10:04 AM »
Bekuno, your pony OC is so cute and unique with her rounded ears and buck teeth!

My problem is exactly the same, I recieve almost no asks D: Which is not a big deal since I don't want to get too overwhelmed... but my drawing skills are getting rusty!

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 12:48:27 PM »
Bekuno, your pony OC is so cute and unique with her rounded ears and buck teeth!

My problem is exactly the same, I recieve almost no asks D: Which is not a big deal since I don't want to get too overwhelmed... but my drawing skills are getting rusty!

Thank you! I do love the girl, I should draw her again.

Well, I'd recommend you look for any other cuphead related blogs and ask them if they'd be willing to advertise you? Usually you can find all kinds of fan blogs. Ask them to post a link to your blog for others to check out! Even if you're not getting asks, it's still a good idea to post art and tag it accordingly so it will show up in searches and bring in attention.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2015, 03:27:17 PM »
I have a couple Transformers ask-blogs.  No pony ones at the moment.  One of them is occasionally NSFW so I won't post that one . . . the others I'll have to check, I'm pretty sure they're entirely safe for work.

Are you running 100% ask blogs, or are they also RP blogs?

(100% ask blog would be like . . . the assumption is that all outside interaction is coming to you in the form of a letter or something like that.  Whereas if a blog also does RP, you might have cases where your character is directly talking with / interacting with the characters from other blogs.)

Getting started can definitely be difficult and it's natural to go through a slow period where you don't have many followers or no one sends you asks.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 03:31:43 PM »
Oh boy!

I run Ask MOGAI Mane 6. I tend to forget to update it regularly, but please trust me, it isn't going anywhere!
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2015, 02:36:20 AM »
Well, I don't think I'm ready for a lenghty RP where our muses go on adventures, but I'm all for interacting with other characters, in-universe or not!

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
    • Pyrodarknessanny's ko-fi
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2015, 02:48:10 AM »
my  main   OC / RP  blog  is a   NSFW  work,  (gore , horror themes etc)   
I will only give out the link to that one via PM   it is a pony  blog   but   its in no way   cute and  cheery.
the blogs main character  being a pony version of Freddy Krueger,    you can PM me for the url if your interested in having a look  but    fairly warned be ye

my mod  blob is also an ask blog and you can ask my  ponysona  OC stuff there as well as just general stuff to my  persons   it is  mostly SFW  but  its where i reblog a lot of stuff so the occasinal NSFW  post  does show up from time to time.

link in my  sig , as well as a link to my  toy collecting  blog  , asks are also open on that blog  but its   strictly for  toys and crafts.

Offline Aerora

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2015, 06:40:24 AM »
I don't anymore, but I used to co-run a Kingdom Hearts askblog! (I would link it, but I think we had a couple of pinup-ish joke posts?) It was fun - I really enjoy writing for/drawing Aqua - but it ran for about a year. We'd pretty much run through most of the question types that were easily/funnily answerable by the time we let it peter off.

Even though we closed the askbox in 2012 or 2013, sometimes I still get notifications for questions.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal