collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Swap-bot.com - Anyone use it? Do you like it?  (Read 764 times)

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Looking for Bowtie variants, nirvanas, & merch!
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
Swap-bot.com - Anyone use it? Do you like it?
« on: September 08, 2015, 04:18:38 PM »
I recently came across this website www.swap-bot.com and was thinking about giving it a try.

Does anyone here use it? Do you like it?

~Jennifer
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 04:21:43 PM by Jennifer2004 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

eCrater Store - Commissions Info - Facebook Page

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
Re: Swap-bot.com - Anyone use it? Do you like it?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 04:38:07 PM »
I can't vouch for it one way or another yet, but I'm going to give it a thorough look over. I have family and friends who wish they could get in on swapping but who aren't into ponies, so this may be a good fit for them. Wanna make sure it's legit before I do that though.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 10:29:39 AM »
This is the first ive seen it. Id be weary until you can confirm its safe.

I think I would personally stick to places I know it will be ok.  There are non mlp swaps that happen here from time to time^^

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 10:54:41 AM »
I've been a member since 2012 (I'm Mirnyj there, if you want to look at my profile and my also inactive blog has photos of some of the hilights of what I've received). I've done 141 swaps there, many of which with multiple partners, and hosted many of them. I haven't been active there for a year now tho, mainly because the postage rates have steadily gone up but also because I haven't quite felt that my heart was fully in the hobby lately. I browse trough swaps every now and then, but they've turned more towards ATC and such crafting or sending post cards rather than swapping store bought objects. I've mostly enjoyed swapping small things such as tea bags or sticker sheets, but I've also done bigger package swaps. Stuffed envelope type swaps for example are quite fun. One thing I love about swap-bot is the amount of mail art involved. It's more rare to receive a swap with no decorations at all than it is to receive happy mail. ^.^ And it has given me an excuse to buy a huge bagful worth of stickers and plaster them all over everything I send out. :P

There's always a chance of flakers and creeps and weirdos when you're swapping over the internet, but I've felt quite safe with swap-bot. I can't remember more than one or two times that I needed to rate my swap partner 3 or lower. There is also a system that automatically blocks people with low ratings from swapping, and often swap hosts set a minimum rating for people they allow in their swaps. Angeling for a swap not received is not unheard of either. If you don't want to join bigger public swaps you can always join groups with swappers with similar interests and find partners to do private swaps with.

TL;DR, Swapping over swap-bot has brought me a boatload of joy in the past, would recommend! ^.^
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 10:57:43 AM by Mirnyj »

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 11:52:21 AM »
This looks like an interesting idea. Seems like it could be neat, but I think I'll stick to here.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Looking for Bowtie variants, nirvanas, & merch!
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 11:58:33 AM »
Thanks everyone for your advice, I appreciate it very much. And thank you so much Mirnyj for giving me so much info. That was exactly what I was looking for, a first hand account from someone I know I can trust.

I have actually done a lot of non-pony swaps here at the Arena, the Disney swap, Pokemon swap, other collections swap, sticker swap, candy swap. In fact it was those swaps that got me itching for more! :P

And I have now spoken to a few Arena members who are also swap-bot members and they seem to like it very much. So I decided to give it a try. I'll probably start off small with ATC swaps and such.

If anyone else that happens to be a member there sees this post, feel free to send me a friend request! My username is the same as it is here, Jennifer2004.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 12:03:10 PM by Jennifer2004 »

eCrater Store - Commissions Info - Facebook Page

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 12:06:29 PM »
Glad to hear that my rambling turned out useful.  :) And I might have signed in for a fun looking swap again myself, oops!  ^.^

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal