collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Hikari - Prepare to be disappointed  (Read 5299 times)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Re: Funko Hikari - Prepare to be disappointed
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2015, 02:01:56 PM »
I apologize because I was someone who sang the praises of the Hikari figures based on my rainbow Stay Puft (who really has zero problems... I wasn't lying!) but...wow. That's bad.

Although I think most people keep their figures in the boxes, which would explain the lack of complaints on the Funatic forums. I hardly ever see mentions of bad quality, which I guess makes sense if these people aren't looking at and inspecting the whole thing.

You have every right to complain.  Almost makes me want to cancel my metallic Rainbow Dash Hikari order. :cry:

I just wanted to quickly mention that the way she displays in box is pretty weak too. She's not posed like in the promo pictures, I'd say if you want to display MIB maybe flip her around? (But then you have even more plastic in the way...) Several flaws were easily apparent the second I saw her too.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

In any case I have contacted PopCultcha to request either an exchange of one that is not flawed, or a return for a full refund. The email I sent to Funko was more to just point out that I was disappointed and to warn them that I may not be the only one. These Hikari are meant to be painstakingly worked on for perfection, they even have a tag that so proudly proclaims this, mine is just shocking. I gave them the number of my figure too, in case they want to investigate who put it together so sloppily.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2015, 03:36:10 PM »
Oh weird- the display is very strange !  Part of the appeal for Hikari is a mirrored box that displays the figure well- this seems to be a very strange placement.

I wonder given the flaws you have seen and the very strange box placement if these were rushed out or something?

I ordered the metallic one but it hasn't even shipped yet-  it seems crazy to me that Popcultcha got these before anyone else !

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2015, 03:49:04 PM »
is there a chance that the people you got it from, bought the rejects from places like tao bao?
that's the only way i can see that kind of quality problem slipping through.
didn't read what everyone wrote, but i would definitely complain and see if you can either exchange or get a refund.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2015, 04:04:33 PM »
Yeah, the placement in the box is very odd.  Every other Hikari figure I've seen has looked just fine while displayed in the box.  With the way Rainbow Dash is facing in this one, it seems like they just threw her in there without really thinking about how she'd look.

I guess we'll wait until someone else pops up with the same figure and do some comparisons.  Just like Galactica, I ordered the metallic one and those haven't shipped yet.  Really hoping not to run into similar problems!
Instagram / Want List

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2015, 04:13:16 PM »
Wow, that's the exact opposite way they should have had her facing in the box.  What the heck?

The flaws are unacceptable for something that expensive.  Especially the misprinted eye. Even blindbags USUALLY have the eye in the right place.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2015, 04:17:52 PM »
Yeah, the placement in the box is very odd.  Every other Hikari figure I've seen has looked just fine while displayed in the box.  With the way Rainbow Dash is facing in this one, it seems like they just threw her in there without really thinking about how she'd look.

I guess we'll wait until someone else pops up with the same figure and do some comparisons.  Just like Galactica, I ordered the metallic one and those haven't shipped yet.  Really hoping not to run into similar problems!

I wonder if Funko did not require final approval of box placement because all the OTHER Hikari to date are generally humanoid figures that clearly face forward-

Like these guys:

I also wonder if they placed her that way because the box art shows her facing that way ???

Has anyone else received this figure yet?  I truly hope the Metallic Dash (and future MLP Hikari) are facing the right way - she really looks like she is in the box backwards by design...? So weird.   If so this will be one Hikari figure that I do not hesitate to take out of the box...

EDIT:

Well looking at the promo pictures- http://news.entertainmentearth.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/MLP-Rainbow-Dash-Hikari-Exclusive.jpg
I think I see what happened.

Funko appears to have approved Dash facing FORWARD- (like all Hikari)
I bet she didn't fit in the box they designed so they decided to turn her a bit to fit.  Don't know why they turned her to the right and not to the left- maybe it had to do with the box design?  But I think all the ponies will have similar placement.

Post Merge: September 08, 2015, 04:57:05 PM

Okay - so there is another "in-hand" photo of regular dash on ebay- and I am not seeing the wing gaps or the line- (although the pony isn't out of box so it is hard to tell)

So maybe yours (OP's) IS exceptionally flawed in which case you should definitely get a replacement
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 04:57:05 PM by Galactica »

Offline Itcheeee

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2015, 05:50:42 PM »
I can't beleive the wing gap.....this is basicly just a super expensive, normal Funko in a different pose :C Was hoping these would be so much better...
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2015, 08:30:03 PM »
Hopefully they aren't all like this, and this one just happened to get past QC accidentally, guess we will find out! Also hopefully they will send you a better one.

For Sale Wants

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2015, 12:30:51 AM »
Even Mc Donalds toys are in a better shape.... So sorry that this happened to you! X

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2015, 12:43:48 AM »
Okay - so there is another "in-hand" photo of regular dash on ebay- and I am not seeing the wing gaps or the line- (although the pony isn't out of box so it is hard to tell)

So maybe yours (OP's) IS exceptionally flawed in which case you should definitely get a replacement

I think I found the one you're talking of, but the picture only shows MIB... and from what I can see it might have a little wing and neck gap as well, though it's tricky to tell. This is worrying. I think I'm going to be asking for a refund instead of a replacement, Australian consumer law will protect me if PopCultcha puts up a fight but they've been pretty good in the past.

... it seems crazy to me that Popcultcha got these before anyone else !

Popcultcha somehow frequently gets exclusives before other stores. I've bought SDCC exclusives from them on the first day of the con, I think they are actually Australia's official Funko distributor and have a relationship with the company. (I may be misremembering though)

is there a chance that the people you got it from, bought the rejects from places like tao bao?
that's the only way i can see that kind of quality problem slipping through.
didn't read what everyone wrote, but i would definitely complain and see if you can either exchange or get a refund.

I'd hope I don't have a reject. It came with the individually numbered card to prove its authenticity. I think perhaps they just dropped the ball on this one and are possibly going to piss off a lot of collectors. I really do hope maybe it was just a small batch or just mine, and not all 700 are messed up.

EDIT: PopCultcha has replied to my message and said
"I am unable to return the item for a full refund, as the variations that you are dissatisfied with are not considered faults, and the item has been approved by the Quality Control Department at Funko."
Well, I'm going to politely rip them a new one. 
:enraged:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 12:58:09 AM by Tulips »
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2015, 01:11:35 AM »
 :cry: sorry you've been let down like this! I'd be so upset.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2015, 04:15:28 AM »

"I am unable to return the item for a full refund, as the variations that you are dissatisfied with are not considered faults, and the item has been approved by the Quality Control Department at Funko."

What?!?
:/ that is insane to me. Both in part of pop cultcha and funko. They should take it back because you are unsatisfied... That's just proper customer service.
And what the heck, that's approved quality control?!

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2015, 04:47:29 AM »

What?!?
:/ that is insane to me. Both in part of pop cultcha and funko. They should take it back because you are unsatisfied... That's just proper customer service.
And what the heck, that's approved quality control?!

PopCultcha have a policy where they claim they will not accept returns of Funko Pop! or Vinyl due to small flaws caused by mass production. I argue that this policy shouldn't apply to Hikari because they are not mass produced but limited run and premium quality. In any case their policy doesn't mean jack, Australian Consumer Law protects me and if they don't accept a return for a refund I can lodge an official complaint, their policy is actually against the law.

I thought I should also mention, in their reply to me the PopCultcha rep also said that they had another Rainbow Dash Hikari on their desk that didn't have joint issues but did have paint and eye issues. They haven't checked their warehouse stock but it sounds like they're all uniquely flawed. Funko defend this as no two figures are exactly the same, but for that price I was expecting better. I also believe that at the very least the figure should be assembled correctly, her wings are permanently glued in those atrocious positions.

I'm yet to hear back from Funko (which I figure will take a few days), I'll keep people posted. I'm hoping this thread can be used as a warning but I feel like I'm starting to rant a little too much. :blush: I'm just so appalled and want to share as much info as I can in case it helps others who may end up in my position.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 04:49:19 AM by Tulips »
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2015, 06:18:29 AM »
Wow, that is shameful.  A misprinted eye and a visible gap between wing and body are absolutely flaws.

I find it weird that Funko has "gap" problems to begin with.  Create piece of plastic #1 with peg.  Create piece of plastic #2 with matching slot.  Snap pieces of plastic together.  This is not new technology, nor a difficult feat.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2015, 10:14:47 AM »
I find it weird that Funko has "gap" problems to begin with.  Create piece of plastic #1 with peg.  Create piece of plastic #2 with matching slot.  Snap pieces of plastic together.  This is not new technology, nor a difficult feat.
Actually there is chance of flaw. If you have machines do all the work that is. I've come to expect eye flaws in a lot of things these days because of the process. Even though this line of figures are not mass produced they still likely use machines that can get misalignments =/
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal