collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: make me feel better..... What auctions have you really wanted and lost?  (Read 1217 times)

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
I just lost this auction and I think we need a group therapy session.

(Not sure if this belongs in this forum or another sorry mods, feel free to move!)

I'll start... I didn't wake up properly in the middle of the night to bid on an MIB baby Lucky Leaf & Leafy, which I think is a lot of people's grail.  What's more, if I had bid I almost certainly would have won the auction as there had only been one more bid that night. 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: make me feel better..... What auctions have you really wanted and lost?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 06:53:31 PM »
US MIB Birthday Pony, basically the biggest MIB want I've ever had. I have the UK but want the US more (I'll be keeping both though). Other MOC/MIB auctions.

It'll come back around! One time I won Chocolate Delight MIB but lost the auction for Strawbery Scoops MIB which ran at the same time from the same seller. And then after those auctions the prices of them skyrocketed to like $200 each, when I got mine for $100. Finally I got SS for $70 a few months back.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 08:01:15 PM »
A G4 auction with almost EVERY EARLY RELEASE in it. Cherry Pie, Diamond Rose, Honeybuzz, Flitterheart, Blossomforth, Lulu Luck, Sunny Rays, you name it. Not rare, exactly, but pricey, and all together! I watched it obsessively all day, and input my bid... then, within the last minute or so, it jumped about $50 more than I could justify spending.

Also, a gorgeous Peruvian green haired Lickety Split. I got outbid by ¢50, and ever since then only I've seen her go for well over twice what she did in that auction.

But like Ponycake said, one lost auction isn't the last time you'll see that pony. Who knows, you might even get a better deal someday!
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 08:08:52 PM »
Well, tonight I lost an auction for a Prom Queen sister Cha Cha with all accessories. I knew it would probably go high, but I couldn't bid too much as there were other auctions going on or ending that I wanted more. I really only wanted her tutu and perfume bottle to complete mine so hopefully another one will come up soon. Sorry you lost your grail.

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 08:54:54 PM »
I missed out on a lot of early G4s. There were about 52 ponies and they have a lot of the early non-mane 6 brushables, the FiM gift set ponies, Glimmer Wings, Shine Brights, and all kind of stuff that was at the top of my want list. I got sidetracked by something else and didn't remember to check on the auction until a couple of minutes after it ended.  Shortly after that, I lost out on an Equestria Girls lot with the whole Pep Rally set, the Deluxe Rarity and Fluttershy, and a basic Pinkie with about 40 seconds to spare.

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 10:38:23 PM »

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 02:36:23 AM »
Back before I knew about sniping, I bid on a MOC astronaut pony wear. I was so excited because nobody else had bid, and I was crushed when I saw that I had lost. Live and learn. But it's a good thing I lost, because I would have wanted to decard it.

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 04:25:12 AM »
I know the feeling.... I lost out on lots of listings yesterday.... because I live in the dark ages and don't have a smart phone, so I lost internet from 1 PM to who knows how long. I went to bed before it came back up. It is very intermittent. I think it got crossed with my neighbor's, so as long as they don't use their's mine works- can't get a tech out until Wednesday....

Anyway I feel the pain, as the LL & leafy were the lowest selling of the set, yet loose they are the most expensive- explain that!

Hope you find them at a better price later on.

Offline LadyLuckyLeaf

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+48)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • formerly BabyTwilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 06:26:28 AM »
The worst is when you forget to bid. Ugggggghhh.

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 06:31:47 AM »
Ten years ago or so I bid on a Beauty and the Beast vhs gift set. Can't remember what all was in it but it was neat and I was bidding on it for a friend's birthday. I lost the auction which sucked. That was the only time I have ever bid on something on ebay. I've usually stuck with 'Buy It Now'.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2015, 06:48:49 AM »
I had lucky leaf and leafy on my watchlist too but expected it to go higher. My congratulations to the winner though:).

Hm. I have lost a lot of auctions over the years. I'm trying to think of the most gutting loss to a sniper since that is invariably what happens. I manual bid, I don't use sniping machines. I try nit to go too mad, either, and prices on some things lately have been crazy. $123 for Trickles defies logic.

Recently I was sadto be sniped on french boxed newborn twins. I was more gutted yesterday to lose the Cloud Puff in UK box, because she looked like good evidence in my ongoing investigation into flutter pony ribbons over here, but someone outbid me.

Its slightly digferent, but the person who won Taffeta for a BIN mib for $30 when I was still a student and could not afford more than $30 for a mib...that still lives with me. I have others from that set mib, but still not my namesake.

The one auction I really desperately wanted recently I did get, but for my literal max. One penny more and I would have lost it and probably would never have gotten over it. It was one of those lots so rare and unlikely probably it will never happen again.

Not too happy with the people who pushed the price up so high though...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2015, 07:50:06 AM »
I cant remember the specifics but there was one time I wanted a complete set of rainbow ponies second set and I got outbid.  :cloud:  There are other auctions I lost but I forgot most ignorance is bliss.

Offline Baby Crumpet

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Never too many Tex's!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2015, 12:34:09 PM »
I don't bid on lots often, and I haven't lost many, but most recently, whenever I bid I always get Ninja'd! I think the last It was a lot that went over £40, it had about 13 ponies. I'm glad it went over my max bid because in a way I didn't want to spend that much money on those ponies. I also got ninja'd on a set of pony earmuffs. I didn't have enough time to type another bid in but I don't worry too much, I can always find another thing to bid on, hah.

:glitter: Thank you to Nence and starrynights for my signature and Trinity for my avatar :glitter:
Wishlist

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2015, 01:46:47 PM »
Every auction for Sweet Scoops necklace (just the necklace and not the charm) and every auction for MO Baby's bottle and crib :( At least it gives me something to keep on searching for! :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline BuckinghamAlice

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Lost in a Curious Dream
    • View Profile
    • NovelHeart Pony Blog
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2015, 02:06:53 PM »
I lost out on a Lyra Heartstrings and Sweetie Drops the other day because I wasn't home to bid (I'm behind the times and don't have a smart phone).  Not pony related, but I was bidding on a HTF American Girl outfit once and my internet cut out just as I was about to increase my bid.  I would have won, too.  That was a couple of years ago and I've never seen the outfit in my price range again.

Thank you to Bekuno and tailrustedtealeaf for the adoptables!
*~More NovelHeart/Pony Tumblr/Instagram~*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal