collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ULTIMATE GRAIL! Takara Pony Playset with Adult Takara *EDIT*Bridal Fashion Show!  (Read 4735 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
I only have one Takara item (the Colour Wedding fashion). I really have it as a token item because of my Japanese - because I was interested in Takara way back and then ended up studying all this stuff. The one thing I regret, though, is that I could have spent a lot of time amassing these before they became "popular" since I was buying stuff from Japan all the time and yet never looked. I have some Takara dolls belonging to a manga series I like which I've had a long time. If I had only thought to put My Little Pony into the search back then, who knows?

;_;* I think the saaaame thing. Luckily I have been able to snatch a few up-- as now there is more competition. But had I known about these little ones before, I would of been all over it. I like them more so of that they are really cute stylized japanese ponies. ^^; And that appeals to me in a way more than nostalgia for G1s. It's weird. ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
I have no excuse, as I did know about them, I even had them on my site...and yet did nothing about it. I thought about it a few times, but never did it, because for various reasons I wasn't actively pony collecting and so didn't really chase it up. Oh well.

I don't really *like* them as such, they're too cutesy for me, and too doll-like - but they would have been a nice curios. And I did like translating the box. xD. Plus the lily of the valley thing is interesting.

I will have to be in Japan some once my studies begin properly, so I will doubtless keep an eye open. Chances are pretty slim though.

@MLPForever, buying from Japan is surprisingly easy. Even if you don't speak Japanese, it's surprisingly easy. Unfortunately, it being surprisingly easy means that Takara ponies now sell for a lot more on Japanese auction and sale sites, and, probably, a bunch of people right here on the Arena use said sites xD.

(Not that there's anything wrong with that, I just wish I'd done something about it when I had the chance and the knowledge that they were out there.)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Haha, I kind of felt the same way back in the late '00s when I started to actively look for Takara MLP stuff. I had found a closed auction with a MIB Omekashi House & Milky that had ended just a week ago and had sold for like 3000 yen or so. I was kicking myself for not having noticed it sooner when it was still up. I had also been on Japanese auction sites for several years before that, so I couldn't help feeling bad that I hadn't been looking for this stuff earlier. At that point I had no clue how much these would end up selling for later on, but I felt sad for any items that may have gone undiscovered because I hadn't been checking. XD

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile

With sealed playsets, though, it's really hard to know what's inside if you don't ever open it up. I have no sealed MIB playsets for this reason. The closest I have is a Crimp & Curl Hair Salon which was partly assembled but mostly still in bags and such. I don't buy Nirvana playsets for the same reasons! I do collect the boxes, though. In the case of the Waterfall I have three different ones (2 UK and 1 US).

So yeah, I accept (as a historian) that this is also a valid issue. I get around it by not buying anything that will ever need to be deboxed to find out information regarding it. And, if some kid had not deboxed their Waterfall playsets, I wouldn't have been able to do the research I did on which version came out here first (probably) and such. Inside boxes and on the boxes themselves are dates and clues and things you can't see without deboxing. I just can't do it, because inside my head is always the little voice saying, "but what if someone, somewhere, wanted that pony mib more than anything, and, being that it's UK, there might not be another".

Not the same at all, but I have a sealed US Secret Surprise mib you can't see into that I'm curious about too. I wonder how she's boxed into there (what it'd look like if I opened it up and pulled her out), and also if she's truly undisturbed (but the tape does look legitimate and unbroken on either side of the box). But there are no secrets hiding in there I'm sure like Takara playsets. Still if someone had unboxed her I'd be interested to see how she and her items are packaged in there. Probably just twist tied to a tray but still interesting for me to see since I can't see through it. I know a seller at the fair had one with the tape cut and the pony was rattling inside.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook

Not the same at all, but I have a sealed US Secret Surprise mib you can't see into that I'm curious about too. I wonder how she's boxed into there (what it'd look like if I opened it up and pulled her out), and also if she's truly undisturbed (but the tape does look legitimate and unbroken on either side of the box).

I don't know if it's the same on the US ones as the ones we had here, but I would think so bearing in mind the accessories and ponies are the same, just the boxes and names are different.

I had one of those as a kid but more specifically my sister had one when she was younger which she got from a Hasbro clearance store in the middle 1990s. She would have been ten or eleven maybe at the time, and it was a toy to her (to both of us) then because we weren't online and there was no idea of anything else.

It was Shimmering Secret - the teal one - and I am fairly sure that the treasure was in a little clear bag inside her compartment. I know mine from childhood had a ring and I think it was the same for her. That was Spangling Secret (the white one). I can't imagine the US release was any different. Star eyes came with necklaces and heart eyes came with rings here. Dunno if any of that helps put your curiosity at rest xD.

I'm having a similar issue with flutter ribbons as the only boxes that display them openly in the box are the French boxed ponies. Thus far the UK related examples that I have seen in deboxed-but-still-with-accessories state seem to fit with the idea that the ribbons the French ponies had are the same in the UK, but the Paradise Estate commercial picture and common pony knowledge dictates otherwise. It can't be ruled out though that those deboxed ponies might have had their ribbons switched. Resolving that one is going to take a lot more time. Knowing Hasbro UK, they probably used whatever they had and therefore a mixture of ribbons >< but anyhow. I shall shut up before I take this thread onto a majorly geeky off topic ramble about UK accessories :D
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 06:38:04 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Let's keep it civil folks! This is a brag thread, it is not a place for the discussion of deboxing items. I have removed all comments pertaining to that. Thanks! PL
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline MLPforever

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook!
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
Thanks so much ponylady!

I PMed you as well. I'm sure you're swamped after Labor Day weekend, so just wanted to make sure you saw.

My takara ponywear arrives tomorrow, and there will be a massive update then! I'm super excited ya'll.
Check out my etsy shop for beautiful handmade plush animals! Commission me for your own tiny MLP plushie! And please like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook for special discounts and progress photos!

https://www.facebook.com/fluffybottomplush

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Thanks so much ponylady!

I PMed you as well. I'm sure you're swamped after Labor Day weekend, so just wanted to make sure you saw.

My takara ponywear arrives tomorrow, and there will be a massive update then! I'm super excited ya'll.

Im excited to see the update :D

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
MORE Takara goodness?  OMG I don't know if I can handle all this excitement!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Seriously the photos with the clothing are just adorable!!!!

Offline MLPforever

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
Re: ULTIMATE GRAIL! Takara Pony Playset with Adult Takara *EDIT*Added Ponywear!
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2015, 09:48:59 PM »
Added MIB ponywear! I now own the entire takara bridal set! <3 thanks so much, Ember1!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 09:51:12 PM by MLPforever »
Check out my etsy shop for beautiful handmade plush animals! Commission me for your own tiny MLP plushie! And please like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook for special discounts and progress photos!

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
I cannot wait to see them all dolled up

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
I cannot wait to see them all dolled up

This!! Lol

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
*gets emotional at weddings*  Oh they are just delicious! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline MLPforever

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
Update! Added bridal fashion show! <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal