collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tips on Shipping to Germany???  (Read 391 times)

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
Tips on Shipping to Germany???
« on: August 30, 2015, 10:50:33 PM »
Well, i'm about to ship my first international package off to Germany to my beloved German penpal :heart:
He's gonna be housing The Crystal Empire's Prince & Princess  ^.^

I plan on shipping them off via USPS, so do anyone have any advice, tips, and/or tricks on shipping to Germany? :)

Thank you!!!  :biggrin:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: Tips on Shipping to Germany???
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 12:03:03 AM »
If you buy first class postage online, it will probably give you a delivery confirmation number, which is sort of like a tracking number, only not as reliable.  For whatever crazy reason, it's not available if you buy in person from the local post office.

If you want a true tracking number, you have to buy priority international shipping, which is super expensive, like $50.  It's expensive because it's also quick delivery.  And the private carriers - FedEx, UPS, DHL - are all the same.  Tracking is only available with priority shipping.  They're all about $50 because they're all quick delivery.  So basically, if you want fairly reliable shipping at a reasonable cost, online first class international postage is your best bet.  It should give you the delivery confirmation number automatically; you shouldn't have to request it specifically.  It's not available to all countries, but I would bet Germany would probably be OK.  Delivery should take around 2 weeks.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal