collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Which ponies came with Mommy Charms  (Read 2403 times)

Jacquelyn

• Trade Count: (0)
Which ponies came with Mommy Charms
« on: August 28, 2015, 01:36:23 PM »
I was wondering which ponies were sold with the Mommy charms? I remember having seven or eight of the charms when I was a child and wondered which ponies they came with. Did each charm come with a particular pony or series? I can't rememeber all of the charms I had and am hoping if I can match which pony they came from I will remember! I am also curious if they came with only a few ponies how I had so many or did I buy ponies just to get charms.

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
Re: Which ponies came with Mommy Charms
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 01:41:16 PM »
The charms were random as far as I know... I remember looking through all the baby Brother Apple Delights in Woolworths to select one with a charm I didn't already have!  (I only had a few charms, but I think some were repeated in this particular batch, and I already had some).

Over here, they definitely came with some of the Loving Family Singles, and also some of the Sundae Best/Ice Cream ponies, as those are the ones I've obtained MOC since.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Jacquelyn

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 02:06:48 PM »
Thanks LadyGuinevere! Now that I am collecting them I  am remembering which ones I had and it seems that I had all my favourites so I think I must have been selecting them! I think you are right about them being random because I have seen a Little Helper which I had inside a MOC sea pony and it wasn't a sea pony I owned. I travelled to the UK in 1990 and bought a lot of ponies on that trip including some Loving Family ponies! I really loved my charms and I wonder what happened to them. They woulld be in bad condition now anyway as I cut off the charm loops!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 02:08:27 PM by Jacquelyn »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 02:10:30 PM »
My childhood Bouquet (Brush 'n Grow) came with Pretty Please.

I believe the Mommy Charms were not randomized in the US, so every Bouquet would have had Pretty Please.

Here's a picture of Watercolor Baby Sea pony Seashore with Little Helper (? Tiny Helper?).

Source
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 02:17:41 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 02:19:59 PM »
My MOC Baby Bro Sweet Celebrations has...a pink one I think. Hugs & Kisses? They were random here, though, as Lady G said. I think it was generally the ponies from that year.

My Braided Beauty came in a US box from a UK store but she had no charm, so not all Brush & Grows in US style package had them. I had one charm as a kid and it came second hand, so I know that for sure. I think the MIB Curly Locks I used to have did have one, but I don't remember what.

I think there may be a charm inside my MIB Tossles but I'd have to check. That's also a US release pony; I bought it from the states years ago and almost certainly kept her because of the charm.

I know my Baby brother Apple Delight had one with him when I got him at end of line clearance in 1995 - but my childhood Sister Sweet Celebrations didn't have one, just her pink clip.

I never saw a Watercolor Sea Pony with one before O.O. I guess it's only certain batches of certain sets, rather than uniform, as I had 4 of that set on US card at one time (including Seashore) and none of them had charms.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Jacquelyn

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 02:25:09 PM »
Interesting thanks LadyMoondancer! That is the MOC I was talking about! I definitely had Little Helper but not that Sea Pony although I did have another Sea Pony from that line and I am in Australia.

So interesting that you say Pretty Please came with Bouquet because I had both of them! I just received my Pretty Please in the mail today and was the memory of her that made me make this thread so thank you!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 02:28:40 PM »
Yeah, not all US ponies from that year (Year Six, 1987-1988) have them.  The ones that do have the round logo (possibly a sticker?) on the front of the box advertising them.

Aside from the baby sea ponies, the charms themselves are  hard to see when MIB /MOC .  They're usually sort of tucked behind the pony or between their legs.

Edit:  No problem! :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 02:30:23 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 02:43:08 PM »
I've noted down all the MOC pics I've seen with mommy Charms. they're noted right over in a column marked Misc1 of my accessory file - link in siggy.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 02:45:44 PM by Chrissytree »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 02:50:54 PM »
Yeah, not all US ponies from that year (Year Six, 1987-1988) have them.  The ones that do have the round logo (possibly a sticker?) on the front of the box advertising them.

Pretty sure my MOC ones it's a sticker on the box.

Yep, at least in the case of Baby Bro Sweet Celebrations - he's at the front of my cupboard so I just checked. He has a blue sticker advertising them on his card above the price tag.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Puffy stickers are my currency! Trade with me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2015, 03:53:21 PM »
Yes what I have seen they where randomly selected, and only a smaller batch had the charms of each set that year. And if they had a charm it is a sticker on the card (but I have seen a moc that they forgot to put a sticker on too). So you needed to really search for them... It must have been a fun hunt for them for kids! To bad we missed out on them here in Sweden. :P
My collection at Snupps:http://snupp.it/d8NITq
Instagram: @iPonyland

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2015, 04:24:32 PM »
One my childhood ponies had a Mommy Charm. I got Little Helper but I'm not sure who she came with. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Jacquelyn

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2015, 01:07:41 AM »
Thanks to everyone  :heart: I have so much respect for the MLP experts because there is just so much to learn! It is definitely the most complex of all the vintage lines! So many ponies and accessories!

I love the memories it brings back because ponies were something I seriuosly collected as a child and I can imagine myself going through every pony in the shop to find the charm I wanted! I am pretty certain that I was selecting because I never had any doubles and had all the prettiest ones.

I remember the charms were really special to me and when I bought the Petite ponies I was really disappointed that they didn't have the same magic! Funny it is the same now!

Post Merge: August 29, 2015, 01:14:25 AM

Pony land thank you so much for my charms they are perfect!!! Pretty Please really brought back a lot of memories for me! Why didn't you have them in Sweden? Where they only available in certain countries?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 01:14:25 AM by Jacquelyn »

Offline Ponyland

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Puffy stickers are my currency! Trade with me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2015, 04:16:45 AM »

Post Merge: August 29, 2015, 01:14:25 AM

Pony land thank you so much for my charms they are perfect!!! Pretty Please really brought back a lot of memories for me! Why didn't you have them in Sweden? Where they only available in certain countries?

I'm happy that you loved them so much! :D
I think they only was available in US and UK. I haven't seen them available in other countries.

In Denmark you could send after the Charmkins Pixie pony when buying a (alternate) Birth Flower pony in stores (as a kind of mommy charm although not included in the MOC). This was probably a way to get rid of left over stock of her. She tends to show up here in Sweden to because of that, and I need her in my collection. ;)

Do you know that the Powder Puff charm available in the US pony club also was supposed to be a Charmins character? But she got used as a MLP club gift instead.
I have a insert paper with my MIP charm that describes her as a Charmkin pony. 
My collection at Snupps:http://snupp.it/d8NITq
Instagram: @iPonyland

Jacquelyn

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2015, 01:19:26 PM »
They really made my day and they were so perfect! They are really special to me as they were something that I really loved as child!

I am fairly certain that we had them in Australia too, although I did go to the UK in April of 1990 so maybe I got them there. I did get a lot of ponies on that trip!

I love the Charmkins so much and have collected all of them. I have a few spare My Pony Pixies although none of them are in mint condition. I really want Powder Puff too but keep forgetting to add her to my want lists knowing she is a Charmkin makes me want her even more!

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2015, 01:22:11 PM »
Loved the charms!  :) I had a bunch as a kid, and even the pink mail order bracelet to go with them (the only MO thing I ever got lol).. but unfortunately, I lost them all..  -_-  >_<

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal