collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: does anyone know where to sell Collector Barbie dolls?  (Read 626 times)

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
does anyone know where to sell Collector Barbie dolls?
« on: August 27, 2015, 11:29:25 AM »
Hi all!

A friend of me is trying to sell some of her collector Barbies (Dancing fire (MIB) Scarlet macaw (MIB) and designer spotlight Katiana), but she's not a big collector and not a part of any communities so she doesn't know much about where to sell them or what to ask. We did look around on Ebay for prices, but I'd like to ask some people with more knowledge. I'd hate for her to lose out on money because we didn't do proper research (I don't know the first thing about them myself).

Does anyone know of Barbie collector communities they'd recommend?

Thanks so much :lovey:

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: does anyone know where to sell Collector Barbie dolls?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 05:37:18 AM »
Barbie sales can be all over the place. IMO Barbie dolls aren't as sought after as they used to be (my grail used to be Little Bo Peep but she was around $100-$150 in the late 90's. I ended up getting her years later for $25) I have a huge Barbie collection but sold a lot of them on ebay the past year. There's money to be made, but also a chance of losing money. I sold my Romeo and Juliet for $30 when I had paid $70 for them. If she has any Silkstone dolls I think they sell well. I would check ebay's ended auctions and see round about how much each of the dolls sell for. If there's a flood of a certain doll then there is a lot of competition and prices are lowered. So I would just check the ended auctions for the dolls if you decide to sell on ebay. I know a lot of people don't like ebay though XD

Good luck with the sales!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: does anyone know where to sell Collector Barbie dolls?
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 04:08:06 AM »
I was wondering about this as well as I have a lot of collector/LE Barbie dolls from 90's through to 2009. I don't collect them anymore. I know there are some I still love and cant part with, but I'd like to sell some of the others to fund my Frozen/Tangled/EAH doll collections instead.  I guess I'll be watching for ebay prices. I'm in the UK so some of my stuff (mostly imported from the US at the time) isn't on ebay UK.  I'll prolly end up selling on ebay too. I have had some non collector play line Barbies on ebay recently that started selling again. No-one was interested for a while but my Barbie sales picked up a lot in the last few months ... so maybe that's a good sign :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal