collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tell us your most Devastating pony story - 2  (Read 5431 times)

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
Re: Tell us your most Devastating pony story - 2
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2015, 03:59:44 AM »
Awww, so many really sad stories, many bring tears to my eyes :(

I once ruined a beautiful Italy Blossom... she was mint besides one darn little spot on her body. I thought it was a great idea to sunfade it away, so I wrapped her into aluminium foil (as the more experienced collectors told me to do back then) and left her in the window for a while. When I checked her.... her hair was melted. Must have been too hot for her. Well, the stain was gone and so was her hair, yeah. *sigh* She could have looked sooo good.

Another story is how my poor old Nightlight got her light blue marks :/ My first ever Nightlight came to me via Ebay. She had been "hidden" in a lot of G2 and some random junk (obvious but covered by other ponies so you could not see her clearly). I payed 36€ for the lot and when it arrived I was flattened.... poor Nightlight was covered in black marks which I were not able to see in the pic since they were well covered by the G2 standing around her. (I still think it was on purpose -_-). The G2 were pretty, lol. I kept one to remind me and sold the others. Yeah well, so Nightlight had those black marks. A name written across her body and dozens of black stars scribbled on her with a waterproof marker. She was looking sooo bad. I was a pretty new collector back then so I asked the more experienced ones what I could do and one of them said "Try bleach!" ... and so I did. I should have thought about it before doing that but I didnt and what happened was predictable : the black stains didnt get any lighter but Nightlights body did!! She has blue-yellowish stains around her black marks all over her body now -_- I still kept her. My mother-in-law gave me a new Nightlight for my birthday years ago but old Nightlight still lives with me... standing next to her sister, showing off her marks to remind me to think before I do anything, lol.
Btw... luckily I only tried to remove the stains on the NDS. The other side is pretty ok, lol... well comparing her NDS at least. So, she is at least almost ok to display, lol. (gotta take a pic from her NDS one day lol)
And here she is :

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 04:01:45 AM by Einhornbaby »

Offline StarZetRaven

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Your average G2 collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2015, 06:29:30 AM »
Some facts first:
1. I live in Norway
2. I don't collect g1 so I don't know all that much about g1

I was at a flea market in spring and the only ponies there was a pinkie pie and a white g1 I didn't know. Debated heavily on buying the g1 but alas I reasoned that I didn't have a lot of space for ponies and what little I had should go to g2s. But when I went home I tried to find out who it was, and turns out it was Scandinavian Truly and I could have sold her or something.
Went back to the flea market when it opened the day after but she was gone.
I'm now going to read up on scandinavian variants so I don't make  that mistake again.
ladywaterfall.tumblr.com

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2015, 04:12:12 PM »
You know how you read all those sweet brag threads, about pony friends who send each other big boxes of ponies for their birthdays?

Did you ever think about what would happen if you sent a big ol' box to another country to your "friend", only to be told "oh, I don't collect those type"? And what if her next response was "your bad energy has tainted the ponies, and now I don't even want them (but I'm not gonna pay to send them back to you I just want you to feel bad about it)"?

Be glad you don't. :P

Big heads-up: if your "friend" (or anyone really) is sneaky-begging for someone to send them ponies for their birthday because they're "too broke to buy any themselves and ponies are so expensive in their country", save yourself the time and energy and just flush some money down the toilet instead! It's a much better use of your money, trust me.
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2015, 04:13:07 PM »
You know how you read all those sweet brag threads, about pony friends who send each other big boxes of ponies for their birthdays?

Did you ever think about what would happen if you sent a big ol' box to another country to your "friend", only to be told "oh, I don't collect those type"? And what if her next response was "your bad energy has tainted the ponies, and now I don't even want them (but I'm not gonna pay to send them back to you I just want you to feel bad about it)"?

Big heads-up: if your "friend" (or anyone really) is sneaky-begging for someone to send them ponies for their birthday because they're "too broke to buy any themselves and ponies are so expensive in my country", save yourself the time and energy and just flush some money down the toilet instead! It's a much better use of your money, trust me.

:shocked: That makes me sick!

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline mlly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2015, 06:55:39 PM »
ugh when I left my Daddy Bright Bouquet in storage for a few months, he got these really nasty and deep brown spots/stains :cry:. Since they were already too deep and spread out all over the symbols I did not sunfade them, instead I used benzoyl peroxide, which did remove most of the brown spots but now he has these lighter blotches all over him, I am wondering if I can at least fix/cover them up with some paint.  :(

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2015, 09:05:24 PM »
Aw.  Big :hug: to everyone!

Once, when I was still a new collector, I got two magic message ponies in a lot.  They were super grimy but their symbols were perfect.  So, I proceeded to was them...  In hot water.  And then, I looked on in horror as Windy's symbol slid off right before my eyes.  I had no idea that could even happen.  :(
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2015, 09:21:09 PM »

Big heads-up: if your "friend" (or anyone really) is sneaky-begging for someone to send them ponies for their birthday because they're "too broke to buy any themselves and ponies are so expensive in my country", save yourself the time and energy and just flush some money down the toilet instead! It's a much better use of your money, trust me.

Me too! LOL, she even later took glamour shots of one of the G1 ponies I sent her (because she didn't want G3s, you see, I guess she should have been more specific in her begging!), I guess the 'bad vibes' weren't bad enough to prevent her from bragging about her cute new baby pony... :P
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2015, 10:45:11 PM »

Big heads-up: if your "friend" (or anyone really) is sneaky-begging for someone to send them ponies for their birthday because they're "too broke to buy any themselves and ponies are so expensive in their country", save yourself the time and energy and just flush some money down the toilet instead! It's a much better use of your money, trust me.

sounds like your friend could use a genuine voodoo pony for a little bad juju.  :devious:  seriously though, that's ungrateful.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline minamarie

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2015, 12:18:40 AM »

had something very similar happening with a hungarian "friend" :mad:

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2015, 01:53:41 AM »

Once, when I was still a new collector, I got two magic message ponies in a lot.  They were super grimy but their symbols were perfect.  So, I proceeded to was them...  In hot water.  And then, I looked on in horror as Windy's symbol slid off right before my eyes.  I had no idea that could even happen.  :(

You reminded me that something similar happened with my only Magic Message pony! The water was just a bit warm so her symbol only wrinkled (and it wasn't quite perfect before), but it still hurt. I was so shocked. I didn't even know she was a Magic Message pony.

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2015, 04:59:08 PM »

Me too! LOL, she even later took glamour shots of one of the G1 ponies I sent her (because she didn't want G3s, you see, I guess she should have been more specific in her begging!), I guess the 'bad vibes' weren't bad enough to prevent her from bragging about her cute new baby pony... :P

Can the whole community pelt her with fakies? It's deserved. ;)
 :throw:

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2015, 05:11:42 PM »

Oh, man!
This reminds me as a kid-- my friend got hand me down ponies. Well, we knew that the magic message ponies were supposed to change *somehow*... we thought it might of been heat activated, so we shoved it under hot water and scrubbed them off by accident. :(

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2015, 09:20:48 PM »
Once upon a time I didn't pay much attention to pony release news online. On two different occasions I passed up a FS Applejack in stores in favor of a Transformer figure thinking "She will show up again." It was  only later that I found out that Applejack was the rare one.  x-x

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2015, 02:04:04 AM »
Oh my, that "friend" makes me sick, how could one do that?? -_-

Once upon a time I didn't pay much attention to pony release news online. On two different occasions I passed up a FS Applejack in stores in favor of a Transformer figure thinking "She will show up again." It was  only later that I found out that Applejack was the rare one.  x-x

ouch, nooooo.... similar thing happened to me too. It was my birthday and we were on a shopping tour (mainly groceries for later that day) and we also entered a toystore because my daughter wanted to check for the new Schleich releases. Let me explain that I didnt like the G4 much in the beginning so you can understand why I did what I did lol... My husband said I could pick any pony I liked for my birthday and I started checking out what ponies they had. There was FS Applejack in all her glory plus a few other I dont clearly remember. I remember I was fascinated that the new ponies had an Applejack pony but did I pick her? Noooo... I clearly remember me saying "Oh I dont like her and shes pricey, Id rather get something else." Yeah, 15€ was too much for my taste XD I left her and never saw her in stores again.

(The good side of the story is : I later got an FS AJ from a friend who found her in a store in Hamburg for 10€ two years later, phew! Lol.)

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2015, 01:11:09 PM »

Oh, man!
This reminds me as a kid-- my friend got hand me down ponies. Well, we knew that the magic message ponies were supposed to change *somehow*... we thought it might of been heat activated, so we shoved it under hot water and scrubbed them off by accident. :(

I never knew either about the heat activated symbols either. I wrinkled the symbols on two ponies while cleaning them. Thankfully I didn't have the symbols fall off completely. I kept them as a reminder to be more careful with ponies of that type also I didnt want to track them down again. I think there should be a card size cleaning guide on how to clean the more special ones.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 01:12:56 PM by SkyCakes »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal