collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tell us your most Devastating pony story - 2  (Read 5435 times)

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
Tell us your most Devastating pony story - 2
« on: August 22, 2015, 06:12:41 PM »
So I made this thred about 2 or some years ago. A lot of unexpected
Stories where told, a lot heart brakers. So if you wanna tell them that's a ok.

I thought we could talk of all sort of things like restoring mistakes selling
Your collection, or leaveing your pony at the mall.
If you wanna tell your deepest story like brake ups or fires or deep emotinal things maybe put it in a
Spoiler

It's all A ok everyone! Just keeping things light hearted for theoes that maynot want to hear a sad story. That's why you can use the
Spoiler
But your free to share any story you like no matter what :)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 08:06:45 PM by LightingElectricDream »
:accomplished:

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
Re: Tell us your most Devastating pony story - 2
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 06:58:14 PM »
gave Big Brother Quarterback a haircut.  When he could have been restored.  :(

Offline Wind~Whistler

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • You got a twinkle in your eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 08:19:36 PM »
When I left a Starshine behind with nice symbols and bright white for a burned Medley. And she was a dollar too!  :redface:
AKA Wind~Whistler on the TP 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://www.ponylandtours.com
Thanks to Philly for my avi!

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 08:21:10 PM »
When I got married I sold my collection to help pay for moving expenses.  While I don't regret selling the collection as a whole, I DO regret selling individual pieces:

MOC Tuneful & Merry Treat - my mother bought them for me for xmas one year.  She didn't know how to use ebay (this was in the 90's) so she went to the trouble to ask Aadra's mother to bid for her.  She was so proud when she was able to give them to me.  I've never seen them for sale/been able to afford them since, and even if I had they wouldn't be "my" MOC's. 

Plush Surprise & Baby Surprise - I found them at a flea market for a steal and Mom offered to wash them for me.  When I came home from school that day she was extremely upset - she'd accidentally dried them with heat in the dryer and had melted their hair.  She'd spent all day (including several trips to the beauty supply store for advice and products) trying to brush out and smooth their hair and she'd done quite a good job.  I loved those plushies even more after I saw the effort she'd put in to them. 

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 08:27:26 PM »
Before I came around the communities (I collected for many years alone while knowing of the boards and had no interest in them) I didn't really know the value of Dream Beauties and we had a whole bunch of them left over from childhood (we didn't have many regular g1s). I left them lying on the floor in the old toy room and eventually stepped on a few and broke off their legs. Then shrugged and eventually threw the leg pieces away instead of gluing them which would have been simple because they were clean breaks.

Sigh. Such expensive pretty girls ruined.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 09:19:37 PM »
I found a pony I mistook for Sherbet at a thrift shop and decided to put her back. Turns out, it was Sweet Scoops! Even missing one ear, she would have been worth more than the $.25 they were asking for her!

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

Rainbow berry1978

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 04:54:59 AM »
The most horrible thing I have EVER done, was to make a Custom out of Greek Ladybird  :shocked:
Did not know she was worth anything in that time, and she was not in best condition,  so I decided to make a Custom.
I then some years laitere was told she is worth ALOT  :blink:
I dont even remember what the Custm look like, did not take alot of pictures that time.
Maybe I still have her  :satisfied:
But yeah the most horrible thing I have done with the ponies.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 05:41:57 AM »
I have two.

When I first got into collecting and joined the Arena someone offered to send me a big box full of mostly G1s in not-so-great condition. Well loved and baity ponies have always been my favorite so I jumped at the chance! A few months and a move later, they finally arrived and I was ecstatic. Included was a fairly minty Pony Bride who I immediately fell in love with. While cleaning her I noticed that she had rust in her hair. Someone told me to soak her in some Oxyclean or bleachy water (I don't remember which) and leave her there for a while. She was left there for too long... now her head is much darker than her body and I feel absolutely terrible every time I see her ):

The second happened in 2012 when we drove down to visit our families in California. I went with my grandma, aunt, aunt's friend, and cousin to this giant flea market at the fairgrounds. Everyone was on the lookout for ponies the whole time, even my sweet cousin. We found some dirty Sindy dolls but they were way too expensive. I thought we'd completely struck out... and then we found G1s. There was like 7 or 8 of them, including my favorite pony Sundance. They were only $1 each and my aunt would've gladly bought them all but I only asked for Wavedancer, Majesty, Glory, and Starshine since those were the ones I didn't own and I didn't want to seem greedy. I wish I'd grabbed them all but more than anything I wish I'd gotten at least Sundance. Having a found-in-the-wild and bought-by-my-aunt/grandma Sundance in my army would be amazing.

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 08:07:24 AM »
Once upon a time, a monster invaded ponyland, or at least little slice of it. After poking around for quite a bit the monster found a tasty little yellow morsel while Ivy wasn't paying attention.  Unfortunately, by the time that poor Ivy had noticed what the monster was snacking on it was much too late all that was left was the poor corpse of Chumster. Princess Primrose cried for days and days. Ivy made sure the monster understood that this wasn't going to happen gain - and it didn't, but she couldn't stay mad at the monster too long as he was way too cute!

Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

sunshine29102

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 08:51:13 AM »
I grew up with and absolutely loved G1s.  Because i was fortunate enough to have parents and extended family who gave me ponies often, I had a ton of them.   Mostly the first few years, up to 1985 or so.  I loved and played with them.  When I moved on to a newer interest, I never parted with them.  I kept my most favorite few out and put the others away in my closet, as they were one of the few toys I knew I could never part with.

Fast forward to 1994. A raging summer thunderstorm rolled in, and in the time it took us to get home from town, lightning managed to strike our two story home.  The fire and smoke damage rendered the home and it's contents a total loss.  Since my bedroom was upstairs -- and heat and smoke rises - all the ponies were either melted, blackened or ruined beyond repair.  Broke my heart to have to throw them away, even though I was 14 at the time. 

Wasn't until G4 came out and reawakened my Pony nostalgia. 

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2015, 09:10:24 AM »
The most horrible thing I have EVER done, was to make a Custom out of Greek Ladybird  :shocked:
Did not know she was worth anything in that time, and she was not in best condition,  so I decided to make a Custom.
I then some years laitere was told she is worth ALOT  :blink:
I dont even remember what the Custm look like, did not take alot of pictures that time.
Maybe I still have her  :satisfied:
But yeah the most horrible thing I have done with the ponies.

Wow. That will be a little hard to beat. XD

I have a few small ones. I accidentally shipped a Slugger to an old address and was never able to get him back. Had to buy him twice.

I've also accidentally scrubbed the symbols off a Cloud Dreamer (she's been more or less restored) and sunfaded my Glory's blue stripe. I had no idea that that shade could fade out. :(
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2015, 10:20:47 AM »
Some of these stories are really gut wrenching O.O.

Maybe for me the worst story is my Mountain Boys, Sunburst and Thundercloud, getting their hooves broken at school when I was six or so. But, since I still don't know quite HOW it happened, I'm not really sure whether it was an accident or plastic fatigue (unlikely...?) or what it was. I won't ever upgrade them, though. They've had feet surgery since to repair the cracks, one more successful than the other. Sunburst was the pony I had when my sister was born, so no other Sunburst, no matter how mint, could ever take its place.

Further to that, I suppose, the other big idiocy of my childhood, which was parting with pony packaging for very rare ponies including those mentioned above. Add on to that the fact that I stuck all my stickers on Dream Castle, and somehow, between 1987 and now, the three Mountain Boy Stickers, which were definitely my rarest stickers and things I won't be able to replace because of cost - disappeared.

In terms of other people, there was the guy I met at a carboot sale who was selling off a collection of around 600 ponies over several weeks. Most of the significant ponies from that collection we acquired to keep or trade, but I remember him telling me that he'd thrown out the comics and packages for the ponies and "burned?" Paradise Estate. It wasn't something I did, but I was super dismayed that he'd done it, since I knew this collector had most all of the packages you could imagine, and it would've resolved a lot of early UK ID questions that took a lot longer as a result of his stupidity. At least I made him regret it by telling him how much we would've paid for them (since he was only in it for the money).

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2015, 12:32:40 PM »
I have only been collecting for about 3 years so I haven't had a lot of
Things happen other than that I missed out on ebay or that a craigslist
Seller sold a munchy and 500 others that I had dibs on and was going to pay for
More that thair $100 thay had asked for and drive up there the same day.
We said we had a deal and waited and waited and I sen't 3 emails
Just for her to tell me

SOLD :)
'smilely face'

I wrote her back, we had a deal I was going to pay you way more than you where asking, I was the very first one that got pictures and dibs
Way before she even made a post on craigs list. I was going to even drive down the same day.
She said wrote back

SORRY THEY ARE SOLD!!!

:accomplished:

Offline ponyshoes

• Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2015, 12:35:43 PM »
Not really a devastating story at the time when it happened but I really regret it now :(

My very first pony (a g4 Rarity) I used as bait for customizing because at the time i was younger and starting to get bored of g4 dolls so I took all her hair out and made a really ugly custom out of clay and paint, yuckk. Now i'm starting to wish I hadn't done that because she was my very first my little pony and now I don't have her anymore :C (My friend and I also did the same thing to one of her rarer g4 ponies in 2011, we didn't know it was rare because we thought it was just another one of those weird non-official characters fakies that we thought were worthless until now 0:

I still cry when I think about it, since then i've just been searching for a rarity that was like the one I had but they don't seem to make any of the boxed mane six ponies anymore without giving them ugly tattoos or wings or ribbon hair (seriously, what is up with that ribbon-in-the-hair thing ?!  :blink: )

Now I only do customs on cheapy bagged ponies or fakies, not the nice ones in boxes anymore. xD (and i'm much better at doing them now, i think :0

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2015, 12:40:12 PM »
I lost a bunch of my favorite ponies recently.  I picked up about 40 ponies from my parents house to move into my apartment. 40 of my favorite ones.  When I was going up on the elevator to my floor, I left the bag of ponies on the elevator.  I didn't notice because my mom and goddaughter and I had many other bags and stuff.  I realized I left them in the elevator about an hour after we got to my apartment.  By the time I went back to the elevator, the bag was gone. I went to the elevator vestibule on every floor and searched all over the lobby last night. They were gone.  There was about $700 worth of ponies in that bag.  But, the sentimental value is much greater. I am still so upset about it, but I have begun to replace them. 
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal