collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 & G3 Accessory/Playset IDs?  (Read 533 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
G1 & G3 Accessory/Playset IDs?
« on: August 19, 2015, 02:31:44 AM »
Excuse the bad photos! We're in the middle of moving stuff around so my normal setup isn't really accessible. I got all of the G3 stuff from a non-collector 2 years ago. I think they were her childhood collection but that's all I know.

I think the cash register goes with this and the helmets go with the bikes. The long purple piece with molded rope might go with the wishing well.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Its pretty hard to see in the photos, but the white brushes are all subtly different. The first one is slightly creamish, the second one is more white and is slightly smaller (shorter in height), the third is slightly taller (height) and shorter (length) along with just seeming like... more lightly molded? The bows are really distinct on the other two but on the third they seem fully molded but lighter? Its hard to describe.
I think the blue star comb is Bratz.

Offline kissthethunder

• Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
Re: G1 & G3 Accessory/Playset IDs?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 04:36:54 AM »
G3 brushes are hard to ID because they stuck to one or two molds through the entire series of them and some colors are so much like others its hard to pinpoint what goes with who.

The rope around a pole piece I believe was on Crystal Crowns wishing well. The helments are scootaloo, breezie, and I believe lullabelles, and it looks like you have their scooters too. I have to get the kid on the bus so thats all for now!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 04:57:56 AM »
That definitely helps, thank you! :D

For the brushes I'd mostly like to know if I have any that go with the G3s I got from the same seller. Would it be helpful if I posted a link to my album with all the G3s photographed & IDed?

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 05:57:41 AM »
The scooters from left to right are Scootaloo's, Breezie's, and Scooter Sprite's. The wishing well I think you have covered. The cash register and table came with the Cotton Candy Cafe (not sure why there are two tables though). The white plates and cake slices are also from the Cafe. The helmets are (L-to-R) Scooter Sprite's, Breezie's, and Scootaloo's. The flag is Scooter Sprite's. The blue detached visor is Scootaloo's, and so is the pink butterfly barrette. The other butterfly barrette with the streamer goes with the Skywishes musical jewelry box stage thing. The large barrette with the streamer came with Rainbow Flash. The elastic hair tie came with Blossomforth. The glasses are a little hard to place without seeing the color in person, but could be Summer Shores'. The picnic basket was widely released, so hard to say definitively where that came from. The pink tribble-looking thing has me at a loss.

*whew*

The brushes are hard to pin down without knowing what ponies you have, so a gallery/list would be excellent help. They usually match up with the ponies' body color, but there are exceptions. For instance, Breezie's brush is probably the rightmost one in the top row, not one of the white ones, and Scooter Sprite's brush is probably second-right on the bottom row. (Their brushes should match the tire rim color on their scooters.) Scootaloo's brush is one of the orange ones, but a bit more vibrant than her body color... probably the one on the left, but it's hard to say from the picture given.

ETA: The picnic table, cake slices, plates, and a picnic basket were also re-released with the '05 Spring Basket, so if you have Dainty Daisy and friends, then that might also be the source for those. The cash register is exclusive to the Cafe though. :) HTH
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 06:04:07 AM by BlushingBlue »

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 07:46:11 AM »
Thank you so much! That's super helpful! I'll get a better photo of the glasses up later today.

The ponies are in this album. All the ones with their name written on orange paper (plus the big ol' RD) are from this seller. I didn't ID them so I can't verify it 100% but I think my friend did at least an okay job with it.

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 09:52:03 AM »
I have a bad headache, but I'll try to knock out a few now. I'll probably have to come back to this later to make it more readable. :P I'm going to go in order of the ponies in the album, if that's okay. (VFY=since lighting and such can play tricks with colors, verify for yourself)

Sunny Daze (actually Sunny Daze II, but w/e) had one of the white bowback brushes, probably the creamier one since very early G3 plastics were seldom stark white.
Kimono (actually Kimono II, but again w/e) had a pinkish-violet bowback brush, slightly warmer and more vivid than her body tone. Bottom row, fifth from the left might be a match there, but VFY.
Spring Breeze was one of the '05 Spring Basket ponies, so that is probably where that other table came from, but her brush isn't pictured. (It's identical to Cotton Candy's.)
Bow Tie's brush is not in the picture.
Crystal Lace's brush is a pink flowerback, slightly brighter than her body color. Neither of the pinkish flowerbacks in your picture look like a match to me but VFY.
Bumblesweet's brush is a yellow bowback, slightly less golden than her body color. The one in the picture looks too light to me but VFY.
Crystal Crown's brush is not in the picture.
Butterscotch looks like she might the Berry Pickin' Fun version, in which case she came with a bright yellow flowerback brush, possibly the left-most one in the picture.
Minty's brush is not in the picture, although it look like it's in the bag of accessories in your album? Unless it's the next to last one in the top row, but that seems blue to me. IDK colors are weird.
Love Wishes didn't have a brush.
Bubblecup and her friends in the '04 Spring Basket came with two yellow flowerbacks, possibly the matching two in the middle.
Sunshimmer didn't have a brush.
Peachy Pie had a peach bowback, maaaaybe bottom row, third from the left is a match if it looks significantly more peach in person. VFY
Ocean Dreamer came with Summer Shores, so those glasses probably go with her. If one of the bluey-purple bowback brush matches the glasses, that's hers too.
Frilly Frocks has a dark pink flowerback, likely the first one in the bottom row.
Strawberry Swirl has a bright white bowback, likely the second or third one in the top row.
Triple Treat has a purple bowback, similar to her body color. Doesn't look like any of yours are a match to me, but VFY.
Blossomforth's brush looks to be the blue bowback third from the right in the top row.
I don't think Honolu-loo came with a brush...?
Waterfire's brush isn't in the picture.
Starbeam's brush could be the blue bowback second from the end in the top row, if it is in fact a soft blue and not mint green. VFY.
Guava Lava's brush is a golden yellow flowerback, likely the 8th one from the left on the top row.
Breezie we covered already.
Star Catcher came with a peachy-pink bowback, possibly 3rd or 4th from the left in the bottom row. The color should be quite similar to her hoof heart paint, VFY.
Wishawhirl's brush is the other yellow flowerback that matches Bubblecup's.

Whoooo, done! Sorry if anything doesn't make sense,  I'm not at my best right now. Let me know if you need something clarified. :)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 02:24:34 PM »
That's so incredibly helpful, thank you so much! The G3s are all drying off from their spa day so I'll have to put off comb comparisons for a few days but it should be pretty straightforward.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 01:56:17 PM »
There is a great website as well for the G3 brushes :) http://www.horsma.org/Ponien_tavaroiden_tunnistus.htm
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal