collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone ever had plantar fasciitis?  (Read 827 times)

Offline teacher316

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Anyone ever had plantar fasciitis?
« on: August 18, 2015, 03:11:04 PM »
I have this and it's very painful. Anyone here had it and have tips for pain relief? My mom said she got a cortisone shot but that it was very painful. It did make it feel better though.

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
Re: Anyone ever had plantar fasciitis?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 03:28:36 PM »
One of my coworkers had it and talked about it nonstop. I'm not sure what she took but I know she got special shoes to help :)

Offline Raindrop

• Trade Count: (+299)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 03:59:52 PM »
Hubby had it for over a year.  We bought gel inserts for his shoes and I massaged the muscles occasionally.  Eventually it went away.  I think the inserts made the biggest difference.

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 04:42:59 PM »
My mom got it and received the shot. It hurt but it felt a lot better. She also wears special inserts in her shoes..occasionally it flares up but it's getting better for her.

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 06:05:25 PM »
My dad has it and wears special inserts in his shoes.

Offline teacher316

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 06:22:25 PM »
I do have inserts and they help a little. I might try special shoes...

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 06:30:23 AM »
I deal with it, and so did my dad for a good long while. I suggest getting an empty two litter bottle of soda and filling it with warm/hot water. Replace cap (tightly!) and you roll it with your foot (it's really easy to do if you are just sitting around watching tv). It helps ease the inflammation that causes the problem and also works and stretches that muscle in your foot. I also have one of those little foot bath things and it does wonders. You can get them pretty cheap at your local drug store (I think the one I got was $25) and literally all it does is vibrate. No fancy bubbles or heating elements or anything. After work I just heat up water in a pot on the stove to my desired temperature before adding it to the foot bath, then sit for about half an hour and soak with the vibration setting on. It doesn't fix the problem completely, but I typically go from barely being able to walk to being able to go around with minimal discomfort, and I really notice a difference the next morning because it doesn't hurt to stand up after just getting out of bed lol.

Also, shoes are a big one! I changed shoe brands to find one that supports my feet properly in the heel and arches. I tried a number of different shoe inserts and never found one that worked (I just couldn't get used to walking on them. They worked great for my dad and he still uses them) but i did find a few shoe brands with a 'memory foam' lining built right in to the shoe that I really love. I've only had them for about six months though, so I can't say how well they are going to hold up in the long run, but so far so good!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 08:51:34 AM »
I don't even know what that is so I'm going to go with "no", but it looks like you've gotten some good suggestions.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 09:22:01 AM »
Fortunately no (atleast not yet), but it sounds like you have some good suggestions :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline DalaPony

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2015, 09:47:41 AM »
I have this, and it's a pain (literally!) I wear walking boots with orthotic insoles placed into them, which has helped a lot. Another thing that I found helpful was gently stretching my calf muscles and Achilles tendons a couple of times a day. Also, if the pain is really bad, an anti-inflammatory painkiller like aspirin our ibuprofen can also help, as it reduces the inflammation in the tendons.
Hope yours clears up soon, it can be a real nuisance!

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2015, 07:00:02 PM »
Orthotics in the shoes, stretching.  One cortisone shot.  A bit painful, but less so than the inflammation at the time.  Agree on the proper shoes.  Last pair I got I told the dude about the inserts, the heel pain and he suggested a style a bit different in shape than what I had.  Big difference.  Old ones, walk too much and my foot and lower back screamed.  New ones, walked all over Cali without problems.  I found New Balance brand fits the orthotics best, Dad has found the same thing.   
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2015, 08:00:02 PM »
I had it in both feet for nearly 2 years.  I tried everything - injections, shoe inserts, exercises, and was scheduled for surgery.  The only thing that helped was when I lost 60lbs.  It hasn't come back but every once in a while I get a twinge that tells me to get off my feet for a while.

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2015, 08:06:25 PM »
Had it for years- it went away within a few months when I started running. Exercise is known to alleviate it in many cases.
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal