collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any travel savvy peeps round here? Cruise questions..  (Read 700 times)

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
Any travel savvy peeps round here? Cruise questions..
« on: August 18, 2015, 07:44:14 AM »
We are wanting to take our first family cruise next January and I have questions that I would be asking my travel agent... if I had one. :P Like will the price change if I wait and book last minute? Not worried about the boat filling in January, but I'd rather book after Christmas if it wouldn't be more expensive and especially if it might be cheaper!

Anybody have any insight on cruising? We're looking at a five-day to the Bahamas out of Charleston with Carnival. And we are SO looking forward to it! First family vacay in much. much too long!!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Any travel savvy peeps round here? Cruise questions..
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 10:10:34 AM »
Ive never been on a cruise but I know from listening in on dad (who has to plan trips for nonna who goes to Italy each year) Yes, the prices change constantly, depending on the day or time of year. 

Id watch prices for a bit and see :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 10:15:15 AM »
I'm not sure about prices myself but I had AAA so that helped a bit with booking. I've been on two Cruises, Holland America when I was 12, and Disney when I was 23 lol.
Disney was amazing and I cant recommend it enough. I think our tickets were 1200 a person for a 7 or 8 night cruise to the Western Caribbean. We left from Florida though :)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 12:45:56 PM »
Don't forget the sea sick meds?

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 01:33:44 PM »
Don't forget the sea sick meds?

I'd also suggest taking something like Dramamine with you. However, you really don't have to worry about getting sea sick unless you are in a bad storm. I've been on small charter boats where I have gotten horrendous sea sickness. I even get motion sickness in a car at the age of 27. But I have been on two cruises and have not experienced sea sickness once. It's sort of like being on a plane. You'll experience what feels like slight turbulence or small bumps every now and then, but no major rocking.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Prideth

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Rainbow Sparkle Pony Power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 07:45:43 PM »
We've cruised thrice and have loved it every time!  And yes, the price is DEFINITELY better if you book last minute (prices drop dramatically one week prior to sailing).  That being said, you will most definitely get a inside stateroom (the smaller, cheaper accommodation, which I think is totally fine - I spend most of my time on deck or at the ports anyway).  Also, if you were interested in excursions, you could run the risk of those filling up and not getting a spot for one you like.  If that's no big deal, I'd say wait and book late! 

In my experience, www.Vacationstogo.com has had the best cruising prices and offer a multitude of perks.   It's a nice tool for price tracking and last minute deals if your schedule is flexible!

Wishlist    Trade  Prideth Reference Sheet

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 05:15:23 AM »
  Thanks for the posts, lovies! :) Luckily I have lots of little things to look forward to before January otherwise I'd go nuts with the waiting! LOL

We've cruised thrice and have loved it every time!  And yes, the price is DEFINITELY better if you book last minute (prices drop dramatically one week prior to sailing).  That being said, you will most definitely get a inside stateroom (the smaller, cheaper accommodation, which I think is totally fine - I spend most of my time on deck or at the ports anyway).  Also, if you were interested in excursions, you could run the risk of those filling up and not getting a spot for one you like.  If that's no big deal, I'd say wait and book late! 

In my experience, www.Vacationstogo.com has had the best cruising prices and offer a multitude of perks.   It's a nice tool for price tracking and last minute deals if your schedule is flexible!

Thank you, Prideth!! That's exactly what I was hoping to hear!! :frolic: And I'd never heard of that site before and just glancing around the first page I could see they offer some great deals! Bookmarking!!! :D

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2015, 05:22:53 AM »
Random tip, bring ponchos and card games/video games in case it rains! It can randomly rain out in the ocean! :nod:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal