collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What generation(s) of MLP do you collect?

Generation 1 (~1982 to ~1995)
118 (33.4%)
Generation 2 (1997 to ~2003)
57 (16.1%)
Generation 3 (2003 to ~2010)
76 (21.5%)
Generation 3.5 (2010)
20 (5.7%)
Generation 4 (2010 to present)
82 (23.2%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Author Topic: What generations do you collect?  (Read 6432 times)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
What generations do you collect?
« on: August 09, 2015, 09:38:21 PM »
So I've been curious -- what generations of MLP does everyone collect? Do you collect just one generation, or all of them, or some of them? Why do you like your generation(s)? Is it the generation you grew up with, or is there another reason? Tell me your stories. :)

I primarily collect G1; I grew up with them and they're nostalgic for me, and I just love them. I have a respectable collection of G2 ponies which I purchased in my early teens, my favorites being the unicorns (or alicorns, depending on how you look at some of them). I also have a lot of G3 ponies, bought new from the stores, of course, in my later teens. Last year I was given my first G4s, Lily Blossom and Sunny Rays, and I purchased a Sunset Shimmer to sell on and couldn't bear to do it and kept her instead. So I have ponies from all generations, but mostly collect G1.

What about you guys?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 09:40:42 PM by Haruna »

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What generations do you collect?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 10:08:20 PM »
That's an interesting thing I've also been wandering about for a while: What gen the Arena collects the most.

I personally don't collect ponies, I only have a G4 Crystal Twilight Sparkle - which is already too much for the rest of the family - I much prefer creating artworks and such about them.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 11:06:17 PM »
Only G4. I think they're adorable.  ^.^  I grew up with G1 and have nostalgic feelings for them but I no longer have my childhood ponies and have no desire to collect them, or any other Gen. now.

Offline RedRedRover

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 11:36:03 PM »
I have more G3s than anything else! They take up most of my shelf space, with the exception of one small section of my G1s. I also have a small collection of blind bag ponies and McDonalds toys. I don't have any G2s yet, but they're so cute that I'll be adding some to my collection as soon as I can find some.

So, what gens do I collect? All of them!!  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature drawn by Sochy!

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 12:35:48 AM »
I grew up with G2, but these days I only collect G4. I still have the G2 babies from my childhood, as they're the only ponies I really played with :P

I like the cartoony design of the G4's regardless of the show :D

Signature by LordBlumiere

Offline DalaPony

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 01:00:22 AM »
I mainly collect G1, as I grew up with them and they bring back a lot of good childhood memories, but G2 and G3 are fun to collect too! Right now I'm also trying to find some more G4s to add to the herd. They have such lovely colours, and are so cute. The only generation I don't have is G3.5, although I suppose I'll end up with at least one eventually!

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 01:44:58 AM »
I mostly collect G1 and G3 (grew up with G1 and fell in love with G3 when my sister started getting them when she was a kid) so those are the two I checked on the poll, though there are a few of the other gens that have made their way into my heart, and really it's very rare that I will turn down any pony at all. I have some from all the gens though my only 3.5 is a custom and I'm not in a rush to get more of them.

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline Baby Crumpet

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Never too many Tex's!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 01:48:15 AM »
At first, when I started collecting, I said I'd only collect G4's, but then I became interested in G1 and decided to collect those too. Then, whenever I'd hunt for ponies, I'd seemingly only find G3, so I decided to collect those as well. Somewhere along the line the G2's and, sometimes, a g3.5 or two would end up on my shelf. Right now I collect all generations, my favorites being G1 and G3, those also being my biggest herds. I grew up with G3, which is probably why I'm so fond of them.

:glitter: Thank you to Nence and starrynights for my signature and Trinity for my avatar :glitter:
Wishlist

divalei

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 01:56:20 AM »
All except 3.5 but the main focus is on G2 ponies. I grew up with G1 and G2 ponies.

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 02:54:58 AM »
I collect g1 but will scoop up G3 when I find them cheap and I like G4 blind bags but don't really collect them ^^

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 03:02:27 AM »
G2 :) I also have the other generations but I'm not going to expand any more with those (except when new G4 character brushables are released)

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2015, 03:46:33 AM »
I got into MLP with FiM, so I mostly collect G4. I've also started to collect Equestria Girls, as well. I started collecting G3s about a year ago and have a small collection of them, and I have a handful of G1s. Right now, I'm focused on getting the early G4s since some of the kids that had them when they first came out will be around the age when they grow out of toys.  I also want to get more G3s while they're cheap.

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2015, 03:49:58 AM »
For me it's G1. I grew up with them, I still have all my childhood ponies and have been adding the ones that is wished I'd had as a kid!!! (There was a lot :0D ) As I've spent time on the Arena, I have started to like and appreciate the other gens, but I simply don't have the space to collect them... So I'll stick with just G1!!!

Jules x

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2015, 04:02:40 AM »
Here is my story:

I was a kid in the 80's and LOVED MLP! My parents and familie bought them for my birthday and for seasonal holiday's. When I was 12/13 I gave away all off my beloved ponies to a niece....and after a couple off month's I already regret it...I was very careful with them and she was very rough!!! I also told her if she didn't played with them anymore I wanted them back....it only took like 20 years or so....and sadly she lost a lot of them and the ones left where in a bad condition.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

When we got a computer at home, I found out about ebay and the old arena! So I thought I'm going to buy my old ponies back! And this was the time G2 was on the shelves and I bought a lot off them when they got on sale.

Then things changed my life and my ponies got put away in boxes in the basement for a couple of years.

Then things changed AGAIN!!! But now the right way and I become a *real* collector, and my collection is for 70% G1, about 15% G3, 10% G4 and I do not really collect G2 but I have several of them!

I collect G1 for the most but if I find G3/4 and even 2 I take them home with me, i'm the kind of *can't leave anypony behind* collector!!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 06:45:57 AM by Lady.Arachnia »

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2015, 06:22:19 AM »
G3. I came into MLP with FiM, but I got into collecting MLP toys when I saw some G3s I really liked. It's such a beautiful generation!

|My Collection|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal