collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: USPS...I never had this issue before! (non-pony)  (Read 919 times)

Offline babylofty

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
USPS...I never had this issue before! (non-pony)
« on: August 03, 2015, 07:31:28 PM »
I have NEVER had this issue before, especially with tracked items to my office.

My co-worker ordered something, to be delivered to our office. They attempted delivery on Saturday when we were closed (duh). They "apparently" delivered it today at 9:12 a.m.  I have USPS tracing the package.

Meanwhile, I ordered something a few days ago (completely unrelated to my coworker), and it was supposed to be delivered today. It was "delivered", at 9:12 a.m. as well.  No package got to me today.  This was fairly expensive, so I'm sitting over here trying not to freak out, that it's just sitting in our mail room for tomorrow morning.

Does this seem suspicious that BOTH packages were apparently delivered at the exact same time and DIDN'T show? I KNOW I gave my correct address, and I reconfirmed the address on my coworker's package. Both were correct.

I considered it a safer alternative to leave an expensive package outside on my home doorstep. In fact, I mailed a bunch of stuff to myself that I bought while I was on vacation a few weeks ago. No issues then.  Eesh!  Hopefully I'll have a better update tomorrow. I'm off to bite my nails, in the meantime.
darcerin on the TP, arinaketchum on ebay, Salvia on PI

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: USPS...I never had this issue before! (non-pony)
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 04:26:28 PM »
I'm hoping they will deliver today (or ..*eyes date of post and time now* yesterday) . Sometimes I've had parcels tracked and say they've been delivered when they haven't, but then they've usually turned up the next day or the day after. I never had one stolen. It *does* happen though so I would be slightly nervous if I were you too.
Did they deliver yet? can you call the local depot / USPS and find out where the parcels are if they haven't been delivered? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 04:32:59 PM »
How big is your office?

two possibilities:
1) they delivered it to the wrong floor/address
2) do you have a mail pick-up area for your office?  Maybe someone hasn't picked up all the mail yet?  Sometimes for our office the guy in the basement "sorting" the mail and packages takes a looooong time to finish everything. So I'll get mail like a day late.

Hopefully you will figure out what went wrong by tomorrow.  If the mail went to the wrong floor, hopefully they will realize and send it to you guys.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 10:05:17 AM »
Our postal people often sign for items if they are undelivered, then take them back to the depot. Or sometimes they sign for them at odd hours in the morning that proves they couldn't have even tried to deliver them, but that's usually when there's a customs charge. They shouldn'tdo it in either case, but they do.

Mind you they also deliver items that should be signed for without knocking on the door to get a signature sometimes, so it goes both ways. If they don't turn up I'dcall your local post depot and find out if they got hauled back there...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal