collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone play/played softball?  (Read 510 times)

Offline CrystalMist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Colorado is sooooo pretty!
    • View Profile
Anyone play/played softball?
« on: July 30, 2015, 09:09:46 PM »
Hello there! I'm starting high school, and up where I live, everyone's very athletic.  ^.^ I'm not really athletic, (besides swimming and dancing which I did for a respectable amount of time) and I've taken it upon myself to try something new! I'm going to join the high school softball team (yay cougars!) with one of my best friends. I've almost no softball experience, I'm in pretty good shape,  :woot: and I'm going to be positive and not give up. Does anyone who plays/played softball have any advice for me? I've never played it before, but I can catch a ball (my sister used to play softball) and swing a bat (thank you, mandatory P.E.)  :lol: I'm super excited, and I start next week. Help!  :biggrin:
I'm always looking for a Blythe accessories. PM me for any info!cloud_weaver is the best sister ever!!! :heart:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone play/played softball?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 11:43:39 AM »
Im sure you will do just fine.  If you need to improve on something, it will happen as you play on :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Lore-Lei

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 12:28:20 PM »
Never heard of that sport before, but it sure sounds, uh, safe.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 01:08:39 PM »

I don't know, I broke my ankle playing it once.  Oh, and severed tendons in the other ankle.  And bursitis in my throwing arm.  And a concussion. 

For advice, get your glove limbered up before you play!  Oil it, put a ball in it, and rubber band it closed at night.  In the day, flex it and work the leather so it softens.  And stay limber yourself.  Make sure to warm up thoroughly.  And drink water and apply sunscreen!  Have fun!  :)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 02:48:32 PM »
I..... Thought about it..... In HS.....But then......Nope.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 05:02:46 PM »
Well, high school girls softball is fast pitch... Honestly, you and your friend need to just find a field and practice, practice, practice, practice, and practice.  Work on your swing and your stance.  If your friend can pitch as a softball pitcher would, it'd be great to sharpen your skills that way.  If not, maybe you could find some other girls that are pitchers so you can practice :)

(I'd suggest the batting cage, but those balls are slow-pitch so probably wouldn't help much there.  If you ever join a slow pitch softball league, hit up the batting cages lol  :P )

Offline CrystalMist

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Colorado is sooooo pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 09:02:03 PM »
Im sure you will do just fine.  If you need to improve on something, it will happen as you play on :)
I was practicing pitching/catching today with my dad (apparently he used to be a softball coach. Who knew?) and my stance was improving bit by bit, and I caught the ball more frequently. It's great to watch myself improve. :heart:
*giggles manically* I've already been hit in the face a few times...  :throw:

I don't know, I broke my ankle playing it once.  Oh, and severed tendons in the other ankle.  And bursitis in my throwing arm.  And a concussion. 

For advice, get your glove limbered up before you play!  Oil it, put a ball in it, and rubber band it closed at night.  In the day, flex it and work the leather so it softens.  And stay limber yourself.  Make sure to warm up thoroughly.  And drink water and apply sunscreen!  Have fun!  :)
Oh.  :shocked: whoah! We've already oiled my glove an wrapped it in the ball. My first non-madatory practice is this Tuesday, and I'm gonna keep that in mind. More water. Warm up. And sunscreen!  :cheer:
I..... Thought about it..... In HS.....But then......Nope.
My parents used to be in the band, and since I said I will not be in the band, they were like, "You have to play a sport." And thus, softball it was.
Well, high school girls softball is fast pitch... Honestly, you and your friend need to just find a field and practice, practice, practice, practice, and practice.  Work on your swing and your stance.  If your friend can pitch as a softball pitcher would, it'd be great to sharpen your skills that way.  If not, maybe you could find some other girls that are pitchers so you can practice :)

(I'd suggest the batting cage, but those balls are slow-pitch so probably wouldn't help much there.  If you ever join a slow pitch softball league, hit up the batting cages lol  :P )
I'm gonna start running my dog around the neighborhood daily, so we can both get some exercise and shape up. I started practicing today, and my dad said (I think he's required to say this because I'm his daughter  :P) that I'm going to be good, and my stance is already pretty nice. I think the team I'm on is going to be slow pitch,(update- it's fast pitch) and that's actually a really good idea. I'm gonna try that!   :D
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 08:57:06 PM by CrystalMist »
I'm always looking for a Blythe accessories. PM me for any info!cloud_weaver is the best sister ever!!! :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal