collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Nendoroids Discussion Thread  (Read 13874 times)

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
Re: The Nendoroids Discussion Thread
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2015, 02:48:03 PM »
I've gotta admit, while I don't collect them myself, I do love the Miku series. There are some adorable ones.... Sakura Miku is a favorite, since she's the pseudo-mascot for my local convention, Sakura-Con. The Snow Miku annual line is super cute too; I almost got the figma version this year as a Sakura-con advance exclusive. She's super pretty. But man, that Celestial Maiden Harvest Moon Miku is gorgeous! The only thing preventing my room from being swamped with my beloved Vocaloid nendoroids is that I prefer more articulated figures. I'm collecting the Sailor Moon figuarts anniversary line, which is the same price as most nendoroids, but much more detailed and articulated. They're SUPER beautiful, I love putting them in dynamic poses. I'm about.... oh, six or seven short of completing the set as released so far. They're tons of fun.

I love Sakura Miku! I'm still waiting for #500 from the second release. The shipping date keeps getting pushed back, so who even knows when it will show up lol

Did anyone see the new Link that went live last night?!

Offline Mainsail

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2015, 08:17:46 PM »
Yay, Nendoroids!!! ^^

Currently I own Miku(normal), Aoba Seragaki, Sebastian, Noiz, and Rin & Wooser(Light Ver.)! :)

I have a few pre-ordered as well. Also anxiously waiting for Koujaku to go up for pre-order!! <3

They neeeed to hurry up with Koujaku! (and Clear! I want my jellyfish boyfriend <3).

Finally received Yuki Yuna and Snow Bell Miku yesterday :D So, so cute <3 Still not sold on the jointed "Super Moveable" Nendoroids, though. The joints are very stiff and tend to fall to bits.
Yes! And Mink, too, of course. ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My MLP Tumblr

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2015, 02:01:32 PM »
I have a strong feeling that Koujaku will be up for preorder within the next day or so. I cant wait, either - I think he comes with a pair of "holding hands". :D I have to use them with my Aoba.

(Now hurry up and let me preorder my nintendo husband Marth's nendoroid! .....And that Wedding Set bodies as well!)

And I remember being very tempted to buy Yuki Yuna, but I am sad to hear about the faults of her poseable-ness. :(
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2015, 03:05:33 PM »
I have a strong feeling that Koujaku will be up for preorder within the next day or so. I cant wait, either - I think he comes with a pair of "holding hands". :D I have to use them with my Aoba.

(Now hurry up and let me preorder my nintendo husband Marth's nendoroid! .....And that Wedding Set bodies as well!)

And I remember being very tempted to buy Yuki Yuna, but I am sad to hear about the faults of her poseable-ness. :(

Apparently he goes up for order tomorrow! 8D I hope they'll re-release Aoba so I can pose them holding hands~

Yuki Yuna is super cute and I don't regret buying her but she was underwhelming. Shoulder joints are really useful on Nendoroids and are great, but her arms are in like five pieces and they are the most frustrating things ever. They are both stiff, but prone to falling to pieces making it frustrating to create even basic poses (I moved one arm from by her side to a bent position for her phone and instead of just swapping for a bent arm piece it took a while of carefully manipulating the fragile-feeling joints and move all the individual bits of the arm without the other bits moving...). The same happened with Archer (who is a lazy copy of his Figma)

She is really, really cute, and Gyuki is really well made, but I just think they could have done so much more with her. She's just....limited and disappointing because of her lack of faces and accessories (I also don't think her angry face looks very nice...eh), and because the joints are so annoying I don't want to try for one of the ambitious poses.  I wish GSC would pack in the jointed Nendoroid and just leave it for Figmas that seem to do a much better job. If you really like YuYuYu and can get her for a decent price - do because she's lovely, just be prepared to be very patient with her.

Aside the shoulder joints (which all Nendoroids should have because they widen the range of poses SO MUCH), the other joints just don't seem to achieve much that regular static limbs can't, and I just don't think it's worth the extra aggravation. And they're ugly. it's doubly disappointing because unlike Saber or Miku, this will be the only Nendoroids Archer or Yuna get :/
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2015, 08:59:58 PM »
Koujaku 's preorder is up now, everyone! :lol:
I preordered him with AmiAmi, and now I have to wait until January to see him. xD
Otaku Mode's promo offer tempted me, but I don't want to pay upfront right now (because I know I need to pay for LoveLive Maki nendo this upcoming release week).

And also: apparently Pokemon just teased on FaceBook that the Cynthia Nendoroid will be coming to Pokemon Center! Hooray for all!

@CupidStrikes : I may still end up getting her in the future if I find a good price for her. I admit that I want her face/hair/head the most. xD It is a shame that the new Poseable bodies can have such issues. You would think that they would be easier to pose with, you know?

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2015, 09:12:04 PM »
Cynthia? I think you mean "Best Champion". Seriously, she's my favorite!! I always loved that her team was based around her fascination with myths.
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2015, 09:40:17 PM »
Hehe well I was gonna call her "Lady Garchomp", but what you called her works, too! xD
I like her as well! She was the only Elite 4 champ that actually made me "think" while battling her. Everyone else were pushovers.

Offline Aitsuki

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2015, 09:42:07 PM »
She's a tough opponent. I'm sure her little hair decorations will be adorable on a nendoroid!

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2015, 09:46:57 PM »
I cant wait to put her outfit on my other nendoroids! And for her to outfit swap as well! :D Plus I could do actual Pokemon nendoroid battles with her and my Pokemon figures.

I am just so happy that she is coming to the States! I could imagine her costing around the same price Red was (i think it was $60?) .

Offline Aitsuki

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2015, 12:13:03 AM »
The pokemon twitter account has a picture of her... she's SUPER adorable!!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2015, 01:16:45 AM »
Koujaku 's preorder is up now, everyone! :lol:
And also: apparently Pokemon just teased on FaceBook that the Cynthia Nendoroid will be coming to Pokemon Center! Hooray for all!

@CupidStrikes : I may still end up getting her in the future if I find a good price for her. I admit that I want her face/hair/head the most. xD It is a shame that the new Poseable bodies can have such issues. You would think that they would be easier to pose with, you know?

Got him from BiginJapan ^^ He's the same price and I prefer BiginJapan's shipping - they use bubblewrap over all that packing paper AmiAmi is so fond of  :lol:

Aaah...I'm hoping they'll make Nendoroids of Steven Stone and Professor Sycamore, but I hope if they do that GSC will fix whatever "issue" is preventing anyone from selling them in the UK.

Re: Yuki Yuna - Nendoroids are just too small for joints like that. I don't really like joints figures to begin with but the Nendoroid ones are very, very conspicuous and ugly. If they gave the range of motion the Figma joints do, then I would find it easier to overlook it because of the increased poseability, but being both ugly and kinda useless? Eeeeh. Might as well just suck it up and make static limbs. The S-M ones strike me as lazy as well, because it means they can just make one set of limbs instead of several.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2015, 01:53:46 PM »
With all the issues the Super Moveable Nendoroids have, it worries me because apparently the Marth nendoroid will have the same body type? D:  In that case,  I wish they made him a figma, though I dunno if he would be spared the same fate figma Lucina has as far as delays go.

From what I heard about the PokeNendoroids, they are going to be a new nendoroid every three months? So I think after Cynthia gets released, that N will be the next one for people to get. That or a rerelease of Red.  I hope they make a Blue/Gary Oak nendoroid. Or one of Elite Champion Iris.

*marks her calender for August 26th as "A wild Cynthia appears at Pokemon Center store" day.*

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2015, 01:22:05 AM »
Cynthia is up on the Pokemon Center site! She is a preorder, and she apparently will ship in October.

http://www.pokemoncenter.com/dp/B00W8K3B92

(It's okay to link to her from their store, right?)

She is also $49.99 and free shipping is $50, so you could go add something  cheap/small to get that free shipping (i went with a Mewtwo mini charm, which was $3).

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2015, 08:21:34 AM »
I really want the Haikyuu!! Hinata Nendoroid, but of course I realized this loooooong after the preorder closed and he's sold out on AmiAmi  :P

Hinata is one of my faves (I also cosplay him) but I had a couple of Figma preorders and such when he came out so I was like "eh.. he's cute but I don't NEED him."  But now I'm like "Holy cow!!  He's so cute!!  I need him!!"  I have a con coming up in a couple of months so hopefully I'll be able to track a legit one down while I'm there.  Buying figures at cons has always kind of worried me because of bootlegs, but I'll give it a shot.  I'm pretty confident in my ability to identify a fake Figma but I'm wayyyy less familiar with Nendoroids so I'm less sure that I won't end up with a fake accidentally.

I have leaned my lesson, though, and I'm definitely preordering the Haikyuu!! Oikawa and Nishinoya Nendoroids once they release!! 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline Aitsuki

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2015, 02:26:20 PM »
A good way to avoid fakes is to look for those import stickers.... bootlegs don't have them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal