collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wondering about what feedback I should leave (non pony)  (Read 1023 times)

Offline TwistedRiver

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Please leave feedback for transactions :)
    • View Profile
Wondering about what feedback I should leave (non pony)
« on: July 14, 2015, 04:34:37 AM »
I bought a MH Doll on ebay and she arrived today, and thankfully she's fine, but I was quite worried when I saw that she'd been shipped in a thick envelope. Not even a bubble mailer. I'm not sure how she survived without getting crushed or damaged but it was a very scary couple of minutes until I got her open.
Should I just rate the seller on the fact that the doll arrived safe and sound with good feed back, ding a few stars for the shipping, message the seller, or just do nothing at all? They offered free shipping so I didn't pay for something different than what I got, but just the same it was a bit worrisome and she could've been easily destroyed in transit the way she was packaged.
This is the first time I've ever received an item packaged like this so I don't really know how I should handle it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Wondering about what feedback I should leave (non pony)
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 04:45:05 AM »
Since she arrived safely I most likely would leave positive feedback and perhaps send her a polite message saying while the doll arrived safely that you would recommend the next doll she sends out have a bit more of adequate packaging. A plain envelope is not adequate packaging in my opinion. Anyways I would say ding her stars for shipping and handling but since it was free, it is an automatic 5 stars for the seller.

Just out of curiousity was this doll loose or MIB?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline TwistedRiver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 05:01:53 AM »
She was loose, so no box to crush but also no added protection that her box might've given.
I would've been more okay with the whole thing if she'd at least been in a bubble mailer as I've received lots of items then and they've always made it safe and sound.
Okay, I wasn't sure if feedback was allowed for shipping when it was free.

Thanks so much Nence and Valerie for my adorable siggy and Shaiyeh for my beautiful Avvi.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 05:17:53 AM »
Since she arrived safely I most likely would leave positive feedback and perhaps send her a polite message saying while the doll arrived safely that you would recommend the next doll she sends out have a bit more of adequate packaging. A plain envelope is not adequate packaging in my opinion. Anyways I would say ding her stars for shipping and handling but since it was free, it is an automatic 5 stars for the seller.

This is what I would advise too - cant add anything to this :)  The seller does need to know about better packaging for the future but still deserves a positive and a polite "heads up about the packaging" message since your doll arrived safely

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline TwistedRiver

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 05:26:39 AM »
Thanks! I knew whatever advice I got here would probably be good as well as fair, I will definitely shoot a message to the seller about packing when I leave the feedback. :)

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
    • Pyrodarknessanny's ko-fi
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 06:18:13 AM »
i would still leave a positive  , but message the seller and   explain your  concerns about the shipping method

I had a similar thing happen a while back with a NECA   Freddy figure  I brought on ebay  from the Philippines
the figure was loose and the seller has shipped it  in an ordinary yellow  envelope that had been  taped over to reinforce it.
troubble was the seller had written the ship to address ON TOP of  said tape in  sharpi.

when it arrived in my mail box the address has been rubbed off to the point of being near impossible to read.
im lucky it showed up at all.

the item inside  was still fine  but  I did let the seller know   that   sending items like that  as probably not a good idea in the future.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 10:07:19 AM »
I agree with letting her know that more packaging would be appreciated-

But I don't know that dinging her at all would be fair- shipping is for cost and speed, so unless she got there slow and overcharged, how can you ding for that?

I suppose you could ding for item not being as described- if you thought you were getting a NRFB perfect package and didn't get that- but it doesn't sound like that was what you were expecting either- so unless they misrepresented something or the item actually arrived damaged, took too long, or there was poor communication- I don't think it would be right to ding any of her stars.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 10:30:36 AM »
I agree with letting her know that more packaging would be appreciated-

But I don't know that dinging her at all would be fair- shipping is for cost and speed, so unless she got there slow and overcharged, how can you ding for that?

I suppose you could ding for item not being as described- if you thought you were getting a NRFB perfect package and didn't get that- but it doesn't sound like that was what you were expecting either- so unless they misrepresented something or the item actually arrived damaged, took too long, or there was poor communication- I don't think it would be right to ding any of her stars.

I agree with this. Since there is no damage, I don't think it's fair to ding any stars. But I would send a polite message. Whether or not the seller uses your advice is up to them but they are far more likely to take your advice if you don't ding any stars and give them good feedback.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal