collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone from DC/close parts of Virginia?  (Read 1408 times)

flyawayraven

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Anyone from DC/close parts of Virginia?
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2015, 08:03:20 PM »
The problem with St. Mary's is it is extremely isolated. The area is absolutely beautiful but it is a major nuisance getting in and out of. It's around a two hour drive to DC and many of the roads are very simple two lane highways.

It all depends on where in St. Mary's county someone lives. If you are in the Northern part of St. Marys and come through Waldorf it's not a two hour drive. Charles County (the county I live) has plenty of open areas outside of Waldorf. I just suggested St. Marys as the poster was requesting a farmlike area.

That's totally fair! I'm mostly familiar with the area by the college and that is really remote. Super pretty though!

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2015, 06:19:35 AM »
The problem with St. Mary's is it is extremely isolated. The area is absolutely beautiful but it is a major nuisance getting in and out of. It's around a two hour drive to DC and many of the roads are very simple two lane highways.

It all depends on where in St. Mary's county someone lives. If you are in the Northern part of St. Marys and come through Waldorf it's not a two hour drive. Charles County (the county I live) has plenty of open areas outside of Waldorf. I just suggested St. Marys as the poster was requesting a farmlike area.

That's totally fair! I'm mostly familiar with the area by the college and that is really remote. Super pretty though!

:thumb:

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2015, 07:52:07 PM »
nessy_86, thank you so much! We've since had a few other people suggest Waldorf, as well :) We're *still* not sure if the move is happening (ugh!) but this has been the primary area we've been kicking around. To think! I could have a pony neighbor! I've never been close to other pony folk I know about before :)

Offline nessy_86

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2015, 08:34:20 AM »
Well for sure let me know where (and if!) you move anywhere around here. I would love to have another pony friend close by :D

Offline kasin

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2015, 04:04:05 PM »
Im in Fairfax VA (30 min out of the city) and honestly its about money.  Clifton is nice horse country 30 min out of the city but you pay for it. Manassas and Leesburg are cheaper but pushing the hour commute. You will still suffer sticker shock though im afraid. M.D. may be more affordable,  but DC metro is very expensive, it will boil down to what you want to spend.

Good luck! There are alot of collectors arround here so good chance to make friends! Keep us updated.  :)

-Diana

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2015, 12:02:37 AM »
Looks like I'm going to be moving to the DC area too.  :)
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline nessy_86

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2015, 06:14:50 AM »
Looks like I'm going to be moving to the DC area too.  :)

Awesome!

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2015, 09:15:08 PM »
Yeah, I'll try to organize a pony party next summer, guys.  Who's in?  (Tentatively, I mean.)

I'm vaguely planning to move to Fairfax.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline kasin

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2015, 07:10:23 AM »
I'm in Fairfax :) always glad to meet other collectors, and feel free to hit me up if I can help with anything, I know where all the good food is! haha!

~ Diana

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2015, 12:01:21 PM »
Oh, good!  I'll drop you a line when I get there.  It'll still be a while though.

Offline nessy_86

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2015, 04:10:03 PM »
Yeah, I'll try to organize a pony party next summer, guys.  Who's in?  (Tentatively, I mean.)

I'm vaguely planning to move to Fairfax.

Depending on timing I would love to attend a pony party :)

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2015, 09:31:19 PM »
I live right next to Leesburg! It's a fantastic area but if you're looking for cities, try Tysons Corner :)
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2015, 04:14:34 PM »
Yay, more Virginia ponypeople.

Sadly I'm in southern Virginia (at the bottom) so I don't have any advice on living in Northern Virginia. I know Fredericksburg is about an hour south on 95.

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2015, 02:19:58 AM »
Yay, more Virginia ponypeople.

Sadly I'm in southern Virginia (at the bottom) so I don't have any advice on living in Northern Virginia. I know Fredericksburg is about an hour south on 95.

I'm in southeartern VA - Williamsburg.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal