collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cleaning so-softs?  (Read 346 times)

brittney_rochelle

• Trade Count: (0)
Cleaning so-softs?
« on: July 05, 2015, 01:48:45 PM »
How on earth do you clean so-softs? Twist has some brown stuff going on. I'm afraid of scrubbing like I do with other ponies...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning so-softs?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 02:34:13 PM »
Carefully! :P

Use tepid water and massage in a mix of toothpaste, soap and baking soda (use your finger tips). Thats the safest option. I know people have done oxi soaks with success over the years but I have also seen disasters so tend to recommend airing on the side of caution.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 08:00:03 PM »
Agreed! I have a very, very brown Paradise. I tried cleaning her with toothpaste and a soft toothbrush, but even that gentle toothbrush was enough to rub off some flocking (and still didn't get the brown out). So be as gentle as you can possibly be. I have heard that oxi-clean works wonders, but I've never tried it myself.

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 09:20:44 PM »
Agreed! I have a very, very brown Paradise. I tried cleaning her with toothpaste and a soft toothbrush, but even that gentle toothbrush was enough to rub off some flocking (and still didn't get the brown out). So be as gentle as you can possibly be. I have heard that oxi-clean works wonders, but I've never tried it myself.

I posted a similar SS cleaning question on my Paradise.. had the small pen line marking on her nds, gorgeous aside from the mark. Made me a little bummed too because I was told she didn't have any marks on her but anyway.. .. I got brave tried the finger tip massage, made the line a dot, tried as much as I could handle it.. I dried off the area with a soft towel, and some flocking went flying. I dared not tried to clean anymore.. so now I will say she has a Marilyn Monroe beauty mark..  ^.^

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 02:27:15 PM »
I just got a lovely so soft Fifi with two light brownish spots (about the size of a grain of rice each). I used cold water and antibacterial soap and very gently scrubbed with my fingers. One spot was gone and the other (of course is right on a symbol) has faded to a very light yellow. I may attempt some sunfading to see if I can get the rest of the yellow out...

I don't like oxy on SS's (well I don't like using chemicals on ponies anyway). I oxy'd a SS Taffy to whiten her flocking (didn't really work imo). Then I jasco'd her remove the flocking because she was an extra. She was the only pony I've ever deflocked that had her paint smear (and I've deflocked a good dozen ponies). I think there was a correlation there...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 07:44:16 PM »
I just got a lovely so soft Fifi with two light brownish spots (about the size of a grain of rice each). I used cold water and antibacterial soap and very gently scrubbed with my fingers. One spot was gone and the other (of course is right on a symbol) has faded to a very light yellow. I may attempt some sunfading to see if I can get the rest of the yellow out...

I don't like oxy on SS's (well I don't like using chemicals on ponies anyway). I oxy'd a SS Taffy to whiten her flocking (didn't really work imo). Then I jasco'd her remove the flocking because she was an extra. She was the only pony I've ever deflocked that had her paint smear (and I've deflocked a good dozen ponies). I think there was a correlation there...

I've been very fortunate, all my SSs I've got have been in great shape. The group is growing on me.  ^.^

Hey, you're the one selling all that awesome Strawberry Shortcake stuff on Facebook! I knew I saw that screen name somewhere!   ^.^ I am needing some of those items, looking forward to the sales posts, btw.  :)

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 03:29:04 AM »
Carefully! :P

That's what I was going to say.  :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login