collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Plush Ponies -Deicussion thred-  (Read 716 times)

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
Plush Ponies -Deicussion thred-
« on: July 02, 2015, 01:57:29 PM »
So I never see Plush ponies talked about.

I have a baby lofty and Posy and Blossom.

Do you collect them? Who do you have? Who do you want?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 04:43:20 PM by LightingElectricDream »
:accomplished:

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
Re: Plush Ponies -Deicussion thred-
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 05:16:18 PM »
Personally I'm not huge on plushies in my collection currently, but there's something magical about a *really* special plush that I find irresistible! Right now, I have an Ahuizotl (perfect with my signed Daring Do books and the DD funko figure), a custom Opalescence that I use in my Rarity cosplays,  Liberty and Cabbie who are the mascots of Ponycon, and a little aurora Rarity and Pinkie Pie that I received as gifts.

As a girl I adored stuffed animals, even more than ponies! I could see myself acquiring more in the future, but where to put them all in a tiny apartment?!?
ISO UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire, and complete jewelry babies :cool:

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 07:55:16 PM »
I really like plush ponies, it my favorite thing to collect after brushables!  I only have G4 plushes, and I have to say I think the Aurora ones are best, so cuddly and high quality!  The Funrise ones are nice also, and very cheap, although they tend to have more issues.  The Ty ones are my least favorite of the bunch, not very soft, prone to damage, and the hair is not very comfortable.  I usually like Ty stuff so I was surprised!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 08:00:42 PM »
I have plushes in my collection.  G1 are my favorite and I only need open mouthed Moon Dancer to complete my US collection of Applause and Hasbro softies.  The baby plushes are my favorite.  They are so cute!  I have some G3 and G4 plushes but I'm not out to get all of them.  Only my favorites of those get to stay.

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 08:20:40 PM »
I love all the plushies, but I have a real soft spot for the G1s and the new BAB ponies.  So soft and cuddly...  :dribble:
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 05:18:37 AM »
I have Firefly, Starshine, Windy, open/closed mouth Parasol, Bowtie, and Blossom. All of which were local finds. Firefly was the first one I found. Her and Starshine are my favorites. I would like them all some day (but am in no rush with the Applause ones as they're not easy to find).

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 05:59:08 AM »

The majority of my Plush - I have gotten a Plush Firefly since this picture and sold off that Sunny Daze since that picture.

I am need of a plush Adult Lofty - I have all the babies and adore them!

Though I find it sad that the Mom Baby Set had 2 Pegasus and one Earth - they should have had a Unicorn too like a Baby Moondancer with Mom Moondancer or something.
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 08:04:30 AM »
Awwww so cute!  My collection is swiftly growing!  I found a Posey G1 Softie this week!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ChipsteRJ

• Accessory Genius
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+522)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 08:12:57 AM »
I Personally do NOT like the G1 Plushies, they are stuffed way too full. I  have a G1 Lickety Split & Firefly both have eye issues. PM if you are interested in either of them. I do NOT want them...

The G2 Beanies are another favorite too.
I love the G4 BABW ones, but the G1s are stuffed too much for me; they should be called Hasbro Hardies not softies...

Offline PinkiePosh

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • previously pinkiepony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Marketplace Store
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 08:35:51 AM »
I have too many G3 plushes including a few of the jumbo ones and Frilly Frocks and a few of the G1 plushies. My fave G1 plushie is my Cotton Candy pajama plush! She cost me $60 at MLP fair and was totally worth it. I'm always shopping for more.

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2015, 08:59:26 AM »
I've really come to like plushes recently.  Before I wasn't too big on them since they can get pricey and they take up a lot of space, but now I want lots of them.  I may be developing a bit of a habit, actually.  The Build a Bears are probably my favorites.  It's a good price for such a big plush, and they are really cute. The only downside is the hair is a huge pain to work with, I wish they made them with fabric manes and tails.

I kind of like the big Funrise ones, too.  They're kind of cute in their own way, with the spaghetti manes and the odd proportions.

And the giant Aurora Pinkie plush I have is a favorite, too.  Good thing they didn't make more of them or I'd be too tempted to buy them.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 09:04:14 AM by zombienixon »

sunshine29102

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2015, 09:09:58 AM »
Had a few of the G1 Softies growing up.  Still hoping to complete my collection of them someday.

BTW: Is Softie Glory really hard to find?

Also, I really think theG4  BAB plushies are cute, especially gotta get that Muffin pony. And the aurora sitting plush ponies are adorable. 
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 09:13:04 AM by sunshine29102 »

Offline U2QueenBee

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2015, 01:47:29 PM »
I don't have any of the G1s, I only ever had brushables as a kid. From G3 I have I think four of the little yarn-hairs: Sweetsong, and then a three-pack with Tink-a-Tink-a-Too, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash; the medium yarn hair of Sew-and-So, and the big pillow pony of Sweetsong. For G4 I have the Nici Pinkie Pie and the larger Ty Twilight. I love the look of the 4th Dimension Fluttershy so she will hopefully be the next one I get, if she ever actually gets released! I've been tempted by some of the BAB ponies (Luna and Apple Bloom specifically) but the full size ponies are quite big and I'm worried that the hair will be a nightmare - my Twilight's is a bit disaster-prone. I definitely need a Luna from somewhere at some point though. Shame we seem to get so few here in the UK.

P.S. zombienixon where did you get that party cannon for Pinkie Pie in your avatar?? I would love one of those!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2015, 03:04:38 PM »
I actually can't remember who I have >< is that terrible? I only know for sure that I have the Mummy and Baby pairs (Surprise, Lickety Split and Lofty) because I had to import them from the US...at least the babies, not sure if I got the parents here. Lickety was sold here for sure.

I think I have Blossom, Bow Tie...maybe Windy...and the weird version of Moondancer. Sister probably has a Posey in her Posey army somewhere, too. Mine are all in the attic, though, and some of them I might not keep when they come down cos storage is a problem.

My plushie claim to fame is that I "discovered" plush Honeycomb :D I do still have her and I will be keeping her, but I don't have a picture of her on my site at the moment because she's up in the attic too. I dunno how common she is but I think she is a UK exclusive, so maybe not that common? I have seen a few over the years but not many.

My sister has the three telitoy plush PJ cases Cotton Candy, Bow Tie and Trickles. They're also only from the UK though - were made here.

Were plush ponies in the US marketed as "So Soft" ponies? They were sold by that name here, which confused me horribly when I first found the internet and saw SS ponies...I thought they were all plushies at first!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Gizmo

• Trade Count: (+56)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2015, 03:33:24 PM »
Not a big fan of plushies but might get Bowtie or Starshine one day, they're the best looking ones imo.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 03:35:40 PM by Gizmo »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal