collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What do you miss?  (Read 4968 times)

Offline FullMoonFever

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Small Cream Coloured Kitten
    • View Profile
What do you miss?
« on: July 02, 2015, 09:22:49 AM »
Let me clarify this.  What kinds of things do you miss from your past.  I suspect most of you will say buying vintage ponies at retail price.  But what else?

I miss the days before cell phones.  I miss the beeper days, hell I miss high school, I had friends there.
I also miss the days when the net was just starting.  I miss my more innocent days.  (lol)

I suspect we all miss our loved ones that passed and pets etc.  But this thread isn't for the ones that have crossed the rainbow bridge, this is for other things.

Feel free to share.  I saw this thread on another board and thought that some of you might like to remember the good ol days.

~Jenn
Looking for Mountain Boys Thundercloud and Sunburst.  ANY condition at all wanted!

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
Re: What do you miss?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 09:34:05 AM »
I miss pre-cell days too...before people were always plugged in, with their faces in their screens. 

I miss kids playing outside-again, before they always had to be plugged in to something, and parents were worried about getting sued because they let their kid ride a bike, lol.

I do NOT miss high school, but I do miss college.  I LOVED it and made some of my best friends there. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 09:57:59 AM »
I miss the time I was healthy..didn't have to worry about anything making me sick.

I miss being able to go anywhere without having to worry or having to go straight home..or to the hospital

I miss being able to go on a plane, or in a car, and just go on vacation

I miss being able to just go outside for an entire day without things happening.

..I really miss working with my kids.  It pains me to think that I may be unable to do that again.

A few less personal ones--

I miss the time before 'smartphones'.  Almost everyone seems attatched now a days and its horrible. Common sence out the window, people not looking where they are going, and Microsoft being stupid with thinking they can get away with making people go on a platform designed for said phones for a PC.

I kind of miss my teenage and early 20s..again, that has to do with the fact that I lost that time due to either accidents or being sick.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 10:02:14 AM by melodys_angel »

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 10:01:29 AM »
I miss getting excited about the summertime when I was a kid.  Being an adult and working at a job where I'm inside all summer kinda sucks... but at least I can still enjoy the nice, warm days after I leave work.

I don't miss most things about high school, but I do miss the friends I made there and being in marching band.  Those were the highlights of high school for me.

I miss hanging out on my grandparent's porch after dark with my friends and neighbors.

I miss the stories I used to write when I was younger.  I had notebooks and notebooks filled with ridiculous things I would come up with while daydreaming at school.  I drew pictures to go along with them and... ugh, I just miss the creativity I had back then.  I feel like I've lost it. :cry:

I miss the days when I'd get $5 in allowance from my grandma every week and she'd take me to a local (now shut down) hobby shop to buy Pokemon cards.

Oh, and I miss the days when I didn't feel the need to rely on my cell phone for everything.  I know I don't need it for everything, I just feel that way and it sorta hurts to know I've become so dependent on this device.  I used to feel that way about my laptop until I got a better phone and now... >_<
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 10:10:41 AM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 10:57:42 AM »
I do NOT miss high school, but I miss elementary school sometimes, K-5 (things started to suck from 6th grade on)... the world just seemed more fun then.. and seasons seemed to last longer. Autumn was brighter, snow was actually fun (instead of a pain in the butt), I actually enjoyed the heat of summer... now I just have to be a grown up all the time. Which has its perks, but isn't often fun.

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 11:11:48 AM »
Oh geez xD This was a bad thread to stumble upon for me as I am currently in an emotional battle over my....former best friend. Everything I miss currently revolves around the days when she still lived here and how inseparable we were. Ever since I started dating my fiance 4 years ago she has been pulling away and I feel like I don't even know her anymore. Going to have a serious phone call with her tonight about having a break up :cry: But it's for the best.
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 11:12:21 AM »
General Ones:

I miss when Xanga and LiveJournal were the big "social networking" sites. Maybe it's stretching it to call them that, but they certainly were in my eyes. It was so neat to find out your friends/acquaintances had one, and then on top of that... People actually put thought into their posts back then! Long entries were commonplace... Now with sites like Twitter, short simple posts are "in", and it's something I really don't much care for. I still keep an LJ between my closest friends and I.

I miss being really excited for Christmas and my birthday. It was literally right when I turned 18 that the magic was somehow lost. There were a lot of reasons, I think... But it is just a matter of growing up, I suppose.

I miss marching band! This one borders on more personal for me, I suppose... Actually, I miss band altogether because I haven't been in band in a couple of years (I've been in a community orchestra, which is great... Actually gives my instrument better parts. xD But I'm a band nerd through and through... and I love the sound of a purely - poor percussion aside - wind band)

Personal Ones:

I very much miss the time before my medical issues arose. It was an entirely different life... One that was so carefree, and one where the future was this super exciting unwritten blank page. Now the future is uncertain and eventually very dark.

On a related note, I really miss feeling well/having endless amounts of energy. This is partially medical, but partially getting older. I notice it the most when trying to practice musical instruments - which are very important to me. My energy drops so much faster, and otherwise... I feel like it's something I shouldn't be doing anymore with my issues, and it makes me very sad. I miss when I first got my bassoon, how I'd practice it for at least an hour every day while I was learning. (That probably doesn't sound too impressive, but it was something I made absolutely sure I did every day) I remember one time I got sick, and I couldn't practice it for a few days or so and it tore me apart. I was inseparable... I miss those days, and I so dearly wish I could have kept it up...

I miss going to school/college. Of course I'd love to go back to when I was in high school because that's before the medical issues arose, but overall I prefer school. I love learning, and I love all of the breaks we got back then. I miss always having holidays and my birthday off. In regards to college, I really miss the shifting schedule...

I miss my best friend ever. The first one I came out to. The first one I ever dated. We never have been in bad terms in the least bit, but the best friendship we had before seems to come and go...

I miss living days and sleeping nights. It's my biggest complain about my job... I hate it so much, and I end up staying up all day on my weekends, because it feels right for me. Going to bed at noon doesn't feel right.

And on that note, I have to cut this depressing-super personal post short, because I'm up too far past my bedtime and I need to quit putting that off because I know if I do I'll feel horrible when it's time to wake up. xD

|My Collection|

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 11:53:14 AM »
I miss those days before all the internet and smartphone stuff... the days when friends were people you could actually count on instead of people taking advantage of you and being too busy to be there when you need them. These days everyone seems so replaceable... "Youre not in the mood to text? Screw you, Ill chat with someone else then."
I also miss the days when 'come over and have some coffee with me' just meant that and nothing more... today when I want to have some people over I have to host a full garden party to make them come. No entertainment, no one comes. I miss the days when just talking was enough.
And I miss the days when I didnt have to think about all those medical issues and when days were painless without meds and stuff.

Offline mlp_loving

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Follow me on Instagram @mlp_loving ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 12:00:20 PM »
I miss grade school and middle school, and all the friends I had then. A lot of people say high school years are some of your best years, and even time at college. But honestly, I miss my grade school days so much. 4th grade-8th grade; my favorite times.

Adoptables by SDS ♥

♥ MLP dedicated Instagram - @mlp_loving ♥

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 12:34:27 PM »
I miss penny sweets!! It was ace taking my pocket money to buy a few (we weren't allowed too many!) sweets from the little shop at the top of the road!

Jules x

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 03:10:19 PM »
I miss being a kid in general!!! OMG especially my life before puberty!! I miss going to school in fourth grade and making arts and crafts, going home and not having to pay bills. I just sat on my butt alllll afternoon and ate during school years lol!!! I miss summer as now I absolutely dread it. I miss those summer nights we would stay up late and eat pizza/ice cream and watch toonami!!! I miss when Pokemon came out, summer was alllllll about pokemon playtime with my friends and popcicles!!! I miss in summer when I would play SSB on gamecube with my friends at the Boys and Girls club!  Oh man.... the food in the 90's was soooo great! French Toast poptarts, those weird cheese crackers shaped like animal parts you can make your own fantasy animal if you rearrange them, water melon laffy taffy, hubba bubba, 3D Doritos, all kinds of de-lish food!!!

So yeah, for me its mostly elementry school,  retail original Pokemon toys and food from the 90's I miss most in my childhood Lolz!

I try not to remember what happened after these events...but I REALLY miss my dad. I wish he was still here. I treasure all those moments he would take me to the ocean and Disney World. Especially the ocean. I wish I was at Longboat key. EVERY. DAY. That is the most beautiful place in the world to me no matter what anyone tells me. I would wake up, have the ocean next to me....purple morning skies before sunrise with beautiful mint green beach waves crashing. 6am was the perfect time to look for sand dollars! Oooooh and night time on the ocean.... <3 Cannot be compared to. I guess I really miss the luxury of having family too- parents. Something you take for granted as a kid until their lives are ripped away from your own.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 06:54:54 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline CadePony

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Obsessed with My Little Pony and Transformers
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 03:18:33 PM »
Right now, what I really miss the most is the time in high school when I was bursting to the seams with story ideas. I had so many story ideas back then, it wasn't funny! I must have worked on at least a few story projects at the same time, though I've only finished one story... a story that I'm now in the process of rewriting (thanks in part to a message I got over on Fiction Press where I had posted said story during my junior-senior year in high school). I would so love to go back to that time in my life and recapture that spark of creativity I've had then.

Of course, I do miss being a kid in general and have lots of free time to do anything that I want. Who doesn't?

:heart: Thanks Nence for my adoptables in my sig and avatar!  :heart:

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 03:37:11 PM »
I miss the days when me and my dad used to get along.....
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

FreyaBunny19

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 04:33:15 PM »
I know that it's not the answer you want, but I really do miss my childhood pony hunting. :rainbow:
My mom took me to flea markets, yard sales and thrift shops all the time to find my G1 ponies.
My childhood sucked because I was bullied so bad, so the ponies really gave me something fun to look forward to and have around.
I went to a flea market this weekend just expecting to find ponies, and there wasn't any at all and it kinda broke my heart.

There are other things I miss of course, my cat just passed away so I always flash back to hugging him and wish I could do it again, same goes for my grandmother and old friends who died, and I miss not having eye floaters from my eye problems. But on a lighter note, I miss the old Toonami and awesome Saturday morning cartoons, I miss the days when I was super obsessed with pokemon when it was like the biggest thing ever (and even all of my ponies had their own pokemons lol) There are plenty of things I miss, but Im so happy to be living right here and now. It's such a great time to be alive for me.  :relaxed:

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 05:58:36 PM »
I miss my family and friends.  I live in a different country at the moment and I really miss just having people I can pop in to see.

I miss hanging out at the bar with my friend when I was a kid because that's where her mum worked. 

I miss having horses and chickens and dogs.

I miss studying

And I guess more general:
I miss the days when airports didn't have so much security.

I miss playgrounds that were always that little bit dangerous.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal