collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: BaB hair advice?  (Read 303 times)

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
BaB hair advice?
« on: June 26, 2015, 10:47:59 PM »
 I took my daughter to Build a Bear this week to buy the princess ponies, and although I didn't say anything to her, I was so disappointed!  Both Celestia and Luna seem to have such thin hair.  Also I even asked for a different Celestia, as the first one had a clump of hair that came out from the tail base...are they all like this?

I was also upset when we got out her Rainbow Dash. She's barely played with her, and her hair was tangled and the ends dry. She's maybe a year old? 

So my questions are- how are you taking care of your BaB's hair? And, have any of you tried any dry hair treatments? I'm wondering about conditioner or steaming.

Sorry if there is already a thread about this, just point me to the right place! My daughter really likes the plushes and wants to collect them all now.

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
Re: BaB hair advice?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 11:45:44 PM »
Here's one of the previous threads on BAB hair: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,368968.0.html :)

As for hair immediately coming out, yikes! They're not usually like that, no. A few strands tend to come out on brushing the first time, but I've never had a whole chunk come out, and I have almost all of them.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 11:47:31 PM by Lucky_Ladybug »

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 02:29:27 AM »
Hair coming out... oh yes :( Me and my daughter own some BAB plushies too and their hair ... oh my...

So, its Rainbow Dash´s (my own pony) and Fluttershy´s (owned by my daughter) first birthday today and what can I say... Dashy looks as great as ever because she wasnt played with at all. I very gently cuddled her but most of the times she sits on my shelf above my bed. Fluttershy looks alright too, she has been played with but my daughter is veeeeeeeeeeeeeery carefull with her plushies and keeps Fluttershy´s hair braided so it wont tangle too much. My daughter´s Luna though... her tail came out the very first day she owned her and her mane has been getting thinner week by week I think. Luna keeps now sitting on the side of my daughters bed, hardly ever touched. I feel sorry for my kid that she has to keep her hands off her pony to preserve her beauty... its a toy and it should be played with without looks nasty or loosing hair right away.

I also own a Pinkie Pie which came with really nasty hair (Ebay, her previous owner had tried to give her a more TV accurate looks...) and whatever I tried, her extreme curls did not come out.
I guess BAB hair isnt easy to treat. For ponies that are for kids Id reccomend to braid the ponies hair to preserve it... you can open it for styling and then braid it when the kids go to sleep. Thats what we did with Fluttershy and her hair still looks fine :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 03:33:38 PM »
The tangling aspect unfortunately does not surprise me at all. Its a terrible thing to say but their hair is really not designed to be played with (yes, I know, completely defeating their purpose as childrens toys). As soon as they are played with or even perhaps slept with, the hair just tangles straight up. For this part of it, its a matter of ongoing maintenance (sometimes popping the ponies hair in a pleat if she is being tucked up in bed with your daughter or similar preventative measures may be the best bet).

As for the hair falling out; with plush ponies as its normally a hair weave you do often get excess hair which comes out. Has that been the problem perhaps?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal