collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Love Always Wins!!!  (Read 3237 times)

Offline CadePony

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Obsessed with My Little Pony and Transformers
    • View Profile
Re: Love Always Wins!!!
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2015, 11:48:20 AM »
My co-worker broke the news to me today at work. We're both very happy that the Supreme Court ruled in our favor, as we're both gay (and he's already engaged to his boyfriend so that means he can finally get married). =D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Thanks Nence for my adoptables in my sig and avatar!  :heart:

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2015, 11:51:27 AM »
I'm so happy about this! And in Pride Month, too!  :rainbow:

While this is great news I urge you all to remember that this isn't the end of the lgbt movement. While yes, marriage is incredible!! We still need to fight for the safety and comfort of trans kids like me. :whoa:

Don't worry, we'll go on fighting. One step at a time.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2015, 11:53:09 AM »
It's sad that it took this long to happen, but I'm happy that it finally has. I'm still super impressed with my state for legalizing it before the federal ruling. I never saw that coming! xD

Darn it, guess I have to give Oklahoma something for once. Just this once.

While this is great news I urge you all to remember that this isn't the end of the lgbt movement. While yes, marriage is incredible!! We still need to fight for the safety and comfort of trans kids like me. :whoa:

This is important. I fear that other LGBT rights will get left behind, too. It's a disturbing trend among rights movements in the past that other issues sometimes end up getting swept under the rug... and for ages, too. We must keep on fighting!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 11:55:37 AM by Rainbow Blossom »

|My Collection|

Offline TogoMimori

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Agender pony pride~~~
    • View Profile
    • Blog
yay for lgb now where's the t
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2015, 11:58:27 AM »
I stated this in a seperate post about same sex marriage, but I feel it needs to be stated in its own thread. I'll copy it here for convenience.
"While this is great news I urge you all to remember that this isn't the end of the lgbt movement. While yes, marriage is incredible!! We still need to fight for the safety and comfort of trans kids like me. :whoa: "
Kids and adults like me are constantly fighting to be able to use our preferred bathroom, dress how we want, and get people to realize that how we present ourselves does not dictate our gender. To get people to realize that there are more than two genders (another reason it annoys me that there's only boy and girl as gender options here) we all live in some sort of constant fear and I want to be able to freely express myself someday with ought having slurs thrown at me or getting physically assaulted at the mall (keep in mind I was only 14 and was out with friends)
This Marrige equality is exciting!' But it is not the end of the lgbt+ movement. Please fight and care for trans adults and kids like me. :yikes:

[merging like threads - kkat]
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 07:56:06 AM by kaoskat »

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2015, 12:27:34 PM »
:hug: Hugs all around!  :heart: This is fantastic news! Especially for one of my brothers.  :biggrin:

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
Re: yay for lgb now where's the t
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2015, 12:31:32 PM »
This is what I've been shouting for about 2 hours today lol.

Like getting married is great and all but I would very much like to not be called a girl for having long hair/breasts,
have my own bathroom and also maybe not having to fill out paperwork that makes me choose between "male" and "female."

Also I'd like to not be in fear of losing my trans sister friends. Just a thought.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline wlyteth

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Making a effort to use less exclamation points!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2015, 12:32:09 PM »
Agreed. The fight is far from over but at least things are going in a positive direction. :)

I made a friend recently who is in transition and while we were at the gym one day he mentioned that he chose that gym because they fought against this person that was suing them for allowing a trans woman in the women's bathroom. The fact that they were willing to stand up for trans people really helped him feel more welcome and accepted. Whenever I see those stories in the news I think they are good, but it was so different seeing it through the eyes of someone who usually didn't feel like anyone was fighting for them.

Sonnet Scroll by Nence

Crocheted and sewn goods Commissions welcome! Instagram: @loftycastlecrafts
Wantlist

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2015, 12:37:04 PM »
[happy squealing]

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2015, 12:44:10 PM »
It's sad that it took this long to happen, but I'm happy that it finally has. I'm still super impressed with my state for legalizing it before the federal ruling. I never saw that coming! xD

Darn it, guess I have to give Oklahoma something for once. Just this once.

This is important. I fear that other LGBT rights will get left behind, too. It's a disturbing trend among rights movements in the past that other issues sometimes end up getting swept under the rug... and for ages, too. We must keep on fighting!

Of course they won't, this is one big step for them, they will continue to fight and generations from now, the youth of the future will look back at where we are at this moment in time, as part of their history lessons just as we have and wonder why it took so long. It's happened that way with race, religion and gender, lots of people have fought for their rights to be treated as human beings. As long as people keep vigilant they will always do their best to oppose those that would force them back into oppression and government sanctioned cruelty.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2015, 01:36:54 PM »
If you identify as a human and want to use my washroom, I will scream and fight for your right to participate in a human biological need in the space that you prefer.  After all, most washrooms have stalls and walls - nobody should be watching you closely enough to see if you stand or sit.  ;)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline wlyteth

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Making a effort to use less exclamation points!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2015, 01:39:50 PM »
If you identify as a human and want to use my washroom, I will scream and fight for your right to participate in a human biological need in the space that you prefer.  After all, most washrooms have stalls and walls - nobody should be watching you closely enough to see if you stand or sit.  ;)

Thats how I feel about it! I don't know why some people feel they need to go out of their way to make other people feel bad. When I go to a public restroom I do what I need to and get out, I don't care what anyone else is doing. :P
Sonnet Scroll by Nence

Crocheted and sewn goods Commissions welcome! Instagram: @loftycastlecrafts
Wantlist

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2015, 01:50:44 PM »

As a bear I really appreciate this. /otherkin joke

No really though I'm also very confused on why people are so concerned about how trans people go to the bathroom...it's kinda something I'd like
to do on my own, ya know? Private information.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline TogoMimori

• Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Agender pony pride~~~
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Re: yay for lgb now where\'s the t
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2015, 02:02:09 PM »

Thats how I feel about it! I don't know why some people feel they need to go out of their way to make other people feel bad. When I go to a public restroom I do what I need to and get out, I don't care what anyone else is doing. :P
Hi and thank you for your support! I would just like to add that the bathroom thing isn't the biggest issue at hand here. It's really is like, getting assaulted and murdered on a daily basis. :cloud:

Post Merge: June 26, 2015, 02:03:06 PM

As a bear I really appreciate this. /otherkin joke

No really though I'm also very confused on why people are so concerned about how trans people go to the bathroom...it's kinda something I'd like
to do on my own, ya know? Private information.
Omg other kin buddies! (I'm birdkin)

Ponykit

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2015, 02:06:55 PM »
I hope that something good happens for transgender people too, but can't LGB people be happy about the fact that they can get married to who they want now? Not trying to be mean, just saying.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2015, 02:09:13 PM »
I'm happy and i'm so happy for my LGBT friends!!! XD  :frolic: Its fair and it's about time  ^.^
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal