collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Love Always Wins!!!  (Read 3270 times)

Offline TogoMimori

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Agender pony pride~~~
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Re: yay for lgb now where's the t
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2015, 02:10:46 PM »
I hope that something good happens for transgender people too, but can't LGB people be happy about the fact that they can get married to who they want now? Not trying to be mean, just saying.
As a bisexual I am very excited! But this is about saying how yes, marriage is exciting but it is not the end for the lgbt movement. People all already saying " yay for the gays! My job as an ally is over now :) " (an actual Facebook post) lgbt movement is for the lgbt community, not just the L G and the B.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ponykit

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Love Always Wins!!!
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2015, 02:12:01 PM »
This is wonderful!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2015, 02:50:37 PM »
It was amazing news to wake up to :hearts:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Dainty

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SHS collector ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2015, 03:10:17 PM »
I hope that something good happens for transgender people too, but can't LGB people be happy about the fact that they can get married to who they want now? Not trying to be mean, just saying.

The issue isn't that gay marriage being legal isn't worth celebrating, it's that for many allies the issue ends at gay marriage. it is good that it's legal but I just wish the issues of homeless lgbt youth, the death rate of trans women and Especially trans women of color got as much publicity.
The lgb community isn't without blame either lol, I'm sure chicago pride will be awesome this Sunday but me and my girlfriend aren't going because she's a trans women and a lot of the lgb community round here is pretty trans exclusionary... So not so awesome

Offline TogoMimori

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Agender pony pride~~~
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2015, 03:15:05 PM »

The issue isn't that gay marriage being legal isn't worth celebrating, it's that for many allies the issue ends at gay marriage. it is good that it's legal but I just wish the issues of homeless lgbt youth, the death rate of trans women and Especially trans women of color got as much publicity.
The lgb community isn't without blame either lol, I'm sure chicago pride will be awesome this Sunday but me and my girlfriend aren't going because she's a trans women and a lot of the lgb community round here is pretty trans exclusionary... So not so awesome
Thank you for bringing all this up! I can't believe I forgot to mention the death and homelessness rates. Thank you for adding on!! :blush:

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2015, 03:29:58 PM »

Aw man, I'm sorry your area is transphobic. :( Hope you two have a good Sunday anyway though!
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2015, 05:06:46 PM »
I have to say that living in a city like San Francisco is an eye opener because I see so many trans people on a daily basis. Whether they are actually transitioning or a drag queen is none of my business, but I think its different when you live in a more accepting city. I ride the bus with at least 3 trans people every day and as far as I've seen people seem to be pretty accepting of them. I think things can only get better from here, and I think it just takes more social awareness.
(Please keep in mind I came from a small small town on the east coast that was not very diverse lol)

And obviously I can't relate to what others have gone through because I was born as the gender I identify with, but hopefully this marriage equality will help make other people more open to diversity.

:)

flyawayraven

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2015, 05:22:34 PM »

Couldn't have said it better, Dainty. :)

I'm super duper stoked about the ruling! It's wonderful and fills me with warm fuzzies, and it paves the way for a better and brighter future for all of us. For instance, while marriage for same sex couples is now legal, sadly many states still have laws where employers can fire you for your sexuality and not face repercussions. In many of those same states it';s still perfectly legal to be denied housing for sexuality as well and LGBT individuals aren't protected under hate crime law.

The federal government, did just recently decide that transgender federal employees must be given full access to care for their transitions, which is fantastic! IT only applies to federal employees but this does set a precedent for laws mandating the same care for private employees. I do know from my own experience that Kaiser Permanente now considers transgender care mandatory in all their plans. Hopefully more private ensurers will get the hint! :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2015, 05:47:01 PM »

That used to be true of Seattle too- but things have really been improving.  It sounds crazy but I think even things like having a trans kid on "GLEE" was helpful to society- and maybe Kaitlyn Jenner coming out will mark the beginning of a landslide of progressively changed thinking-  kind of like how Ellen coming out was for the lesbian/gay community.

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2015, 07:23:55 PM »
This is great news, congrats you guys! I hope my country will follow your lead.

Offline rearing_palomino164

• MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2015, 07:31:57 PM »
So happy for everyone! :) :) :)

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Offline Miss Violet

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Takara ponies wanted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2015, 07:38:06 PM »
another baby step for equal rights!  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Takara ponies wanted!i have Milky and Pinky looking for the other ones! Takara outfits and accessories too!

open for ART COMMISSIONS!

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2015, 02:31:50 AM »
I'm really surprised that anyone who considers themselves an LGBT ally thinks that this ruling is the end of all struggles for the LGBT community. But then neither do I understand women who claim that we no longer need feminism. Nor people who deny racism is still a massive systemic issue. :throw:

The white male still hold the majority of power and privileged...until we are all considered to have equal value and rights as him, none of these battles is over.
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Ponykit

« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2015, 04:13:02 AM »
I'm really surprised that anyone who considers themselves an LGBT ally thinks that this ruling is the end of all struggles for the LGBT community. But then neither do I understand women who claim that we no longer need feminism. Nor people who deny racism is still a massive systemic issue. :throw:

I don't know why LGBT allies are saying this is the end.

How do you not understand women who say we don't need feminism? If it's needed anywhere, it's not here. But then again, I suppose I'm one of those women you don't understand.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal