collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Body/Head Mismatch?  (Read 579 times)

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
Body/Head Mismatch?
« on: June 25, 2015, 08:24:17 AM »
What happens to a pony to create the body/head mismatch.  I just bought a Baby Bows on Ebay and I didn't pay close enough attention to the pictures and ended up with a pony that looks like it was made from two different ponies.  I am not complaining because it was my own fault, but I am just curious about why it happens.  The pony is in great condition otherwise. 
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Re: Body/Head Mismatch?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 08:35:16 AM »
Environmental factors, sunlight, chemicals, different plastic batches at the factory... Oft times pigment is unstable and leaks. Especially purple ponies. Also I've had a few Bright Eyes that have bled redish/pink.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 08:40:04 AM »
Two different batches of plastic were used to create the pony.  Each batch of plastic will be slightly different, even if the color mix is the same and the pellet colours are the same.
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 11:13:32 AM »
The properties that make plastic so amazingly variable also mean it is hard to control even under stringent industrial conditions
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 04:05:14 PM »
Yup, two different plastic formulae is what causes mismatch.  Generally it's safe to assume that a pony's head and body have undergone more or less the same environmental conditions over the years unless you know otherwise.  If you examine a group of ponies under blacklight, you can often see that many have different plastics for the head/body, even when the difference isn't obvious under natural light.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 05:19:05 PM »
When you use rotational moulding and manufacture something in parts, this often happens. It will normally be the same plastic batch but it may have been manufactured to slightly different speeds/thickness, etc - so you are piecing together 2 finished items (which have been independantly manufacured of one another). At the time they probably look much closer in finish but over time environment and various other variables will have different effects on the different manufactured parts...and you get mismatch.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline BethyVic

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 08:10:04 PM »
I guess it just makes my Baby Bows more unique and special.  :)
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 04:25:42 AM »
I guess it just makes my Baby Bows more unique and special.  :)

Agreed, I had a Tootsie that I kept for a while and I thought it looked cute on her.  Do you have her necktie? I bet she'd look cute in a ballet outfit as well  :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline BethyVic

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 09:30:26 AM »
I don't have her necktie, but I would like to get it.  Are they hard to find?
[email protected]

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2015, 10:50:22 AM »
I don't have her necktie, but I would like to get it.  Are they hard to find?

They usually turn up with ebay sellers who have big pony stores as they are something that often only turns up in lots. They dont look pony enough that if someone is selling childhood toys they would necessarily know what it was from.

I would keep an eye on ebay and perhaps post a wanted ad here and in your signature :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal