collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Spots on my ponies  (Read 359 times)

Offline therainbowtroll

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Depends Pony
  • I'm the pony everypony should know!
    • View Profile
    • FA
Spots on my ponies
« on: June 14, 2015, 06:27:32 PM »
Hey everyone.

I recently helped my mom with this huge 1 day flea market that we do every summer. I found some AMAZING stuff but the best thing I found were some g1 ponies! I managed to find Gusty, Moon Dancer and Parasol.

Sadly they are not in the best condition.  They all have something. Two have spots (markers, writeing mark....possible burn??)

And poor Parasol  does not have a tail!

I need advice. I would like to clean these ponies up. I want to be able to try to get these marks off and to do thier hair.  Here are some pics. Any advice would be awsome. I already did a magic eraser on them.

Thanks!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

https://ibb.co/kUfiYF
By pawpatrolbab

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Spots on my ponies
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 12:23:47 AM »
Gusty and Moondancer look to have old ink stains - they tend to 'bloom' like that after being on there for many a year.  Sunfading would be the go-to solution for them.

Parasol looks more like possibly metallic paint, particularly on the hind hoof. Try acetone / nail polish remover, but keep it /away/ from any paint or glitter areas - it'll take them right off.  Also use in a well ventilated area, preferably outside.  Anything that's left will also have to go the sunfading route.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Spots on my ponies
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 01:06:18 PM »
I agree, I would try a sun fade on all of them. It looks like partly bleached out ink stains on them - a quick sand with magic eraser and then some time in the sun (with all areas not to fade safely covered). Good luck!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal