collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rabbit Owners  (Read 1071 times)

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
Re: Rabbit Owners
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2015, 07:06:16 AM »
Well, Hershey crossed over the Rainbow Bridge yesterday afternoon.  We skipped church and stayed home with him because I could just tell that he didn't have long left.  Around 3pm, he just laid down and went to sleep and was laying next to me on the floor when he went.  I don't think he was in much pain...I think he just gave up.  He's been fighting that infection in his mouth off and on for MONTHS, and the medicine just wasn't working anymore.  We tried several things, and nothing seemed to help. 

Now that Toby is an only child, we took down all the barriers around the bunny corner.  Hershey was the nosy bunny who was always into everything...Toby is distrustful of the slick floors, so he doesn't go any farther than his rug and the couch unless I put a blanket down to give him more space, lol.  I have a feeling he's going to be spoiled even more rotten now....

You can see the grid/cardboard wall I put up behind his "den" to keep him from getting to the bookshelves, outlets, and behind the couch.  Seems to be working so far, and I have SO MANY more grids, I can make the barrier taller if he decides to stretch to eat my books.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2015, 10:05:04 AM »
Oh no, Barb I'm so sorry for your loss! Saying goodbye to beloved pet is always so difficult. <3 :::Sending lots of positive vibes your way:::

Toby is such a handsome boy! Look at those black uppy ears! I also really like your bunny setup, it's so nice that he can really roam. Rupert really likes electrical cords, so sadly we can't let him out while we're not watching. We've tried so many bunny proofing methods, critter cord, etc. We're moving in a couple months though, so we're strategizing ways to set up our new apartment to give Rupert some more free reign.
ISO UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire, and complete jewelry babies :cool:

Offline barbgirl1999

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2015, 02:16:59 PM »
Oh no, Barb I'm so sorry for your loss! Saying goodbye to beloved pet is always so difficult. <3 :::Sending lots of positive vibes your way:::

Toby is such a handsome boy! Look at those black uppy ears! I also really like your bunny setup, it's so nice that he can really roam. Rupert really likes electrical cords, so sadly we can't let him out while we're not watching. We've tried so many bunny proofing methods, critter cord, etc. We're moving in a couple months though, so we're strategizing ways to set up our new apartment to give Rupert some more free reign.

Thanks so much :heart:

Toby seems to be doing quite well as a free bunny.  He's never been much of a chewer, but we have all the cords blocked off and put up high so he can't reach them JUUUUUST in case.  Never know when the mood may strike.  He still hasn't ventured much off of his rug, unless I have the baby on the floor playing, then he'll hop over onto the baby blanket, lol. 

The other night he was just hanging out, watching the baby shenanigans

He decided that, YES, the tiny person is noisy and slobbers alot, but there's so much STUFF.  Curiosity got the better of him and he ventured over...

...and stole a bucket!

I have a 30 second video on my phone of him playing with that bucket, LOL.  I need to get him one of his own.  He even liked playing with the blocks that go with it. 

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2015, 02:38:59 PM »
Gimme that bunny, I need to cuddle him. I'm in an airport, gonna see my bun tonight! :D

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline barbgirl1999

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2015, 06:53:37 AM »
Gimme that bunny, I need to cuddle him. I'm in an airport, gonna see my bun tonight! :D

You should share some pics!

I bought Toby his own bucket last night, hahaha.  He was playing with it this morning when I left for work.  I'll have to take some pics tonight.

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2015, 12:16:56 PM »
Barb- I'm so sorry about Hershey.  I'm glad Toby is doing okay!  Our buns were so closely bonded that when Dave departed, she was just inconsolable and broken hearted, and refused to hop around or eat even.  I took her to the vet but nothing was wrong with her.  It was the saddest thing I've ever seen.

Toby is SO CUTE-  the buns definitely like toddler toys-  I used to pick up stuff from the thrift store for them to toss around.  Bunnies are so silly...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal