collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rabbit Owners  (Read 1094 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Rabbit Owners
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2015, 09:23:44 AM »
Barb seriously if you need some apple wood I can send it to you!  We have a nice organic never-been sprayed tree :D

I may take you up on that!  I've been asking around to see if anyone has any in their yard, lol.  Living in the middle of nowhere, you'd think it'd be easier to find, haha!

I know- when we trim the tree it makes a LOT of branches- the only downside is they are very heavy.  Do you have a community listserve you can ask for branches on? Sometimes I see overgrown wild apple trees- any of those out your way?

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2015, 11:28:30 PM »
I'm not a rabbit owner myself, but I am in the same house as one. My uncle has two dwarf rabbits in an outdoor hutch. They're such cute little things, and so soft! My uncle's been working on building them a bigger hutch this week(It's already a good size, but he wasn't happy with the construction of it when he was done.) Looking nice so far. It's nice sometimes to be able to enjoy an animal without having to be responsible for care. :lol: I get all the petting and none of the work.

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2015, 07:41:54 AM »
I'm not a rabbit owner myself, but I am in the same house as one. My uncle has two dwarf rabbits in an outdoor hutch. They're such cute little things, and so soft! My uncle's been working on building them a bigger hutch this week(It's already a good size, but he wasn't happy with the construction of it when he was done.) Looking nice so far. It's nice sometimes to be able to enjoy an animal without having to be responsible for care. :lol: I get all the petting and none of the work.

LOL, I hear ya!  The petting is the fun part, lol!  I grew up with rabbits, but my dad and stepmom always took care of them, and they lived in hutches outside, so the housebunny thing was a WHOLE NEW WORLD for me when I got my boys.  The most I've had were 4 inside at one time...that was insane, hahahaha
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2015, 09:59:25 AM »

LOL, I hear ya!  The petting is the fun part, lol!  I grew up with rabbits, but my dad and stepmom always took care of them, and they lived in hutches outside, so the housebunny thing was a WHOLE NEW WORLD for me when I got my boys.  The most I've had were 4 inside at one time...that was insane, hahahaha

Same for me- we had had bunnies growing up, and they lived in a hutch outside, and played in the grass with us.  Honestly I had no idea that keeping a bun alone with no other bunnies, outside in a hutch was somewhat cruel until I was an adult and looked into adopting rabbits (I had become obsessed with the idea of getting a Giant bun).   I love that so much helpful information is now available online, and I LOVE the House Rabbit Society!

Offline barbgirl1999

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2015, 11:05:46 AM »

Same for me- we had had bunnies growing up, and they lived in a hutch outside, and played in the grass with us.  Honestly I had no idea that keeping a bun alone with no other bunnies, outside in a hutch was somewhat cruel until I was an adult and looked into adopting rabbits (I had become obsessed with the idea of getting a Giant bun).   I love that so much helpful information is now available online, and I LOVE the House Rabbit Society!

Yes!  I have them bookmarked for all of my  random questions, lol.  Are you a member of binkybunny.com ???  It's a pretty decent forum for questions, though I'm not very active on there.  I've been a member over a year and I think I have less than 20 posts.

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2015, 12:10:54 PM »
No- not a member there but it looks pretty cool.

Unfortunately, I adopted both of my buns when they were old, so they did eventually die of old age (although I think Uma, Dave's wife, died of a broken heart after losing him). Without getting into a downer story- I haven't had the heart to adopt new buns, they definitely require some serious dedication!

I do miss having them around though- they were so intense and sensitive- and yet also so silly and funny- (especially Dave, the big goofball).    Maybe one day when we have fewer animals to occupy us I'll get some new bunny friends...

Offline barbgirl1999

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2015, 12:15:10 PM »
No- not a member there but it looks pretty cool.

Unfortunately, I adopted both of my buns when they were old, so they did eventually die of old age (although I think Uma, Dave's wife, died of a broken heart after losing him). Without getting into a downer story- I haven't had the heart to adopt new buns, they definitely require some serious dedication!

I do miss having them around though- they were so intense and sensitive- and yet also so silly and funny- (especially Dave, the big goofball).    Maybe one day when we have fewer animals to occupy us I'll get some new bunny friends...

Awww, so sad.  At least they had you to spoil them during their golden years.

I agree they take a lot more work than I used to think.  Especially when keeping them in the house.  My boys pretty much have free reign when I'm home, though they don't like our hard floors, so they stick to their corner (i put a rug down in the corner for them to bounce on)...I want a Netherland dwarf so badly, but I'm going to try to wait until we have less pets before I add to it.  That sounds horrible, I know-like I'm staring at the guinea pigs, waiting for them to die or something. But I just don't want another cage to clean, lol.

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2015, 03:18:58 PM »
I have a bunny too! I'm so glad to know there are others of us out there, hahah! They are such cuties, and wonderful pets for small apartments like ours.

This is Rupert: http://rrruperrrt.tumblr.com/

<3
ISO UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire, and complete jewelry babies :cool:

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2015, 03:20:38 PM »
I have a bunny too! I'm so glad to know there are others of us out there, hahah! They are such cuties, and wonderful pets for small apartments like ours.

<3

Omg I've never seen such ears!

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline barbgirl1999

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2015, 03:25:33 PM »

<3

OMG, English lop :heart: :heart: :heart: I'm now following you on tumblr...LOL

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2015, 04:23:28 PM »

<3

Awww- those ears!  Love Rupert runnin round on the bed- buns are so ridiculous sometimes!

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2015, 04:26:27 PM »
This person I know has some baby bunnies, they're soo cute. Telling myself no more.

Offline barbgirl1999

• Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2015, 05:01:46 PM »
Awwwwww, I don't think I could resist one of those little black and white hippity hops :heart:

~Rodan+Fields~

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2015, 05:07:32 PM »
All these bunnies with SPOTS! the are so sweet :biggrin: <3
ISO UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire, and complete jewelry babies :cool:

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2015, 05:11:50 PM »
I get so tempted by his babies. I even picked up another cage at the thrift store today that was perfect and unused and in tact and big and told myself just for backup when I take him to stay at my sister's for the fair (just easier to keep one ready to transport and put him in a carrier!)

I wanted one of those grey or brown ones. Ug so cute.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal