collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NEW Funko Vinyl Figures Applebloom Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo!!  (Read 12684 times)

mlp1979

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: NEW Funko Vinyl Figures Applebloom Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo!!
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2015, 05:00:35 AM »
So I am a little confused.   HT may carry  glitter variants in the stores. I bought a regular Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle at my HT today.

Maybe we can help clear up that confusion! What are you confused about, exactly?

There's always a chance to find glitter variants of the vinyls at Hot Topic. About half of the glitter variants I own were found in-store. :) I usually call around and specifically ask the employees if they have glitter variants, some places are nice enough to hold.

Once the exclusivity period is up and figures start showing up in other stores, you can also find glitter variants there. I've found glitter Big Mac at Barnes & Noble before.

Thanks Moonbeamstar!! I had no idea that glitter variants  could be found in the stores.  When I get on the HT sites I've  seen it say 1 in 24 could be a glitter. So that's why I was confused.  Now I feel like I might have a chance to actually  get a glitter  variant. Also I was unaware that Barnes carried vinyls too. I'm  fairly new to collecting the funko vinyls. This info will come in handy and makes me very happy. Thanks again MoonbeamStar  :)

Princess Lala

« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2015, 05:42:38 AM »
My store  has Scootaloo and Applebloom, no glitters.

The staff there was actually really rude me me despite how polite I was. I just walked in, saw Scoots, SQUEED, they asked me if I needed help finding anything, and let them know I was looking for the glittery versions- in my tuneful happy tone. They were 'told in an email' *rumbles under breath* that no HT stores are allowed to tell customers if they have them in stock or not. Even on the phone! They said it defeats the purpose of them being 'chase figures' and he also said he could have one in the back for all I know but he  cant tell me OR show me if they have them unless they put them out on the shelf. I was like, mmm ok, thats interesting. THEN he told me HE collects them too! "You think you have it bad? I have to wait a month after release before I can even buy them!" The staff also told me there arent any glitter variants for the CMC. I said a cheerful, "....OK thanks anyways! :3"  but in my head I was like... :rant: *chibi anime version of me inside my head stomping, swearing, pulling out my hair*
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 05:48:03 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2015, 07:51:34 AM »
Thanks Moonbeamstar!! I had no idea that glitter variants  could be found in the stores.  When I get on the HT sites I've  seen it say 1 in 24 could be a glitter. So that's why I was confused.  Now I feel like I might have a chance to actually  get a glitter  variant. Also I was unaware that Barnes carried vinyls too. I'm  fairly new to collecting the funko vinyls. This info will come in handy and makes me very happy. Thanks again MoonbeamStar  :)

You're very welcome!  When HT did preorders for the figures, there was also the chance to get a glitter in your order.  That happened to me twice! 

If you really want to get in on the glitter hunt, you can start calling around and seeing if any of your stores do holds.  If not, just check as often as you're able to.  Like I said, all the HTs around me have been super awesome and nice about holding glitters for me if they find them.  As Princess Lala said, the employee at her HT was pretty rude and said they wouldn't do holds.  It's all a matter of luck, I guess!

Walmart also has vinyls!  They tend to have the older ones, but it's still worth a look for a glitter because I saw a glitter :muffin: pony there once!

Post Merge: July 24, 2015, 07:53:34 AM

The staff there was actually really rude me me despite how polite I was. I just walked in, saw Scoots, SQUEED, they asked me if I needed help finding anything, and let them know I was looking for the glittery versions- in my tuneful happy tone. They were 'told in an email' *rumbles under breath* that no HT stores are allowed to tell customers if they have them in stock or not. Even on the phone! They said it defeats the purpose of them being 'chase figures' and he also said he could have one in the back for all I know but he  cant tell me OR show me if they have them unless they put them out on the shelf. I was like, mmm ok, thats interesting. THEN he told me HE collects them too! "You think you have it bad? I have to wait a month after release before I can even buy them!" The staff also told me there arent any glitter variants for the CMC. I said a cheerful, "....OK thanks anyways! :3"  but in my head I was like... :rant: *chibi anime version of me inside my head stomping, swearing, pulling out my hair*

Sounds to me like someone just wants any and all glitters for himself, hmmph! :pout:

There are indeed glitter variants for all 3 of the CMC, we've seen the picture proof!  And people have been finding glitter Sweetie Belle left and right, so don't believe him!  I don't think glitters of the other two have trickled into stores yet, but possibly with newer shipments!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 07:53:34 AM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2015, 09:36:19 AM »

Well I can almost believe this actually-  there was so much abuse from collectors buying 20 online just to pick out the glitters and return them to stores-  i think they probably are trying to come up with some policies.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2015, 10:23:17 AM »
Galactica they fixed that a long time ago they dont let you return more than 3 or 4 of the same item.

For Sale Wants

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2015, 10:48:05 AM »

Well I can almost believe this actually-  there was so much abuse from collectors buying 20 online just to pick out the glitters and return them to stores-  i think they probably are trying to come up with some policies.
but they came up with a new policy since last year  their "bulk " purchaser policies  prevent you from returning them, if you buy more than 3 in any order, they can  refuse for you to return them ,only if there is a defect or something wrong,also at the stores have a policy since the Celestia release : you can't buy more than 3  of the same character , policies are enforced or not it depends by the store and even of the cashier at the store, I was able to buy 4 later at the same store when a different cashier was in charge,  other cashiers will enforced the limits though , I think they are tired of the pressure of the glitters last wave I was told there is  Glitter stock information within their system,but is all up to the store and employee you have the luck or lack of it to deal with .
some stores around here still check for me when i call, others say they do not do it, you have to visit the store and if I call again on another day then they even check in the back for me :)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 06:01:50 PM by HoustonCollector72 »
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2015, 05:51:53 PM »

He's just an angsty teenager  :lol: let em be rude, he's lucky to even have the job at HT.  :rolleyes:

But I'm glad I don't look for glitters. Just too much hassle. If I were to ever find a glitter in store I'll HAPPILY trade it off for G3s!  :lol:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2015, 02:24:07 AM »
CMC is up on Hot TopiC's site, but the site is having major technical difficulties as I'm writing this, so I can't buy them (yet anyway). I hope they'll fix their site soon.

EDIT:
Site started to work and I bought my CMC. Also bought another Shining Armor. Maybe third time is a charm and I'll finally get the regular version of SA.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 03:22:58 AM by Eurocoin »

Princess Lala

« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2015, 07:07:18 AM »
Awwe shoot! My other HT didnt even have the CMC! Maybe... that might mean by Wednesday I could possibly run into one!? I even checked the comic book stores, so far nothing super crazy new.  Although im having terrible luck so far its SO fun looking for these!

So I am missing a total of..... 13 glitters!? Jeeze how did i get so far behind!? LOL! I might by try my luck at winning two a paycheck on ebay and see if I can catchup! xD Im not paying more than $50 for mine though. Hmm the best luck I got at an online glitter was Celestia for $27. Her sun butt symbol was wonky on her NDS and I was the only bidder!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 07:13:05 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline lordalexander74

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2015, 10:47:53 AM »
Anyone know if there's coupon codes going on for hot topic? Course there's a site wide 20% off deal, might not stack. Would like to know before I buy em all.

Found one, though it seems to require a $50 minimum order. $5 off though

HTUSA15
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 12:46:28 PM by lordalexander74 »
Thanks to Lunacat for the lovely art

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2015, 08:23:41 PM »
Went up to the HT in Topeka this evening to get mine. Was considering just ordering them online, but I'm glad I didn't because it was buy 1 get 1 half off up there. Because of that I was able to fulfill my goal of getting 1 of each plus a 2nd Sweetie Belle to make a Sweetie Bot custom (really she was free). :biggrin: As a bonus I got 2 $15 hot cash coupons I can use if they release Chrissy and Maud before the end of September.

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2015, 05:35:08 AM »
Stopped in my store again, still no Scootaloo. But it looks like only one other person has come in for the ponies, there's one less of each Sweetie Belle, and Apple Bloom. Pony stuff sits here for a while so I doubt another shipment of those will hit any time soon.
Back after at least 4 years away!

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 28, 2015, 02:04:31 PM »
Nooooooo Sweetie Bell at either of the 3 closest malls I go to :s
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 28, 2015, 02:16:26 PM »
The CMC are so cute.  I got Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle when I went to the mall last week.  They didn't have any Scootaloos.  Sweetie Belle's plastic is a bit rough in places but Apple Bloom is perfect and she's my favorite CMC anyway. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal