collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony that turned out to be way better in person than you ever imagined?  (Read 2489 times)

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
For me, it's Bow Tie. I got her in a lot of ponies, and she is gorgeous in person.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Ah the same thing happened with me and Shady pose ponies, I got NSS Shady in a lot and took months to finally get around to getting rid of her pindot. I boil permed her hair as well and decided she looked like George Michael in Club Tropicana so I took loads of pics. That pose is a little androgynous which I wasn't sure about at first but now I love completely! Daisy Sweet is amazing in person, no regrets at all and she had a special place in my room for ages. I just got a very sad looking 10 Year Anniversary Pony that I'm doing up and I'm looking forward to seeing her all finished as well.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I love Bow Tie too! I took photos of her at the Gymkhana and winning a prize. I like both the light and dark variants and the babies.  I wish I could get the baby carriage.

:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Bow Tie is one of those special ponies anyway, I think...I never had her as a kid but I'm sure I saw her at school with other kids. She was on the song tape I played so much I memorised most of it (still remember most of it O.o) and when I found her finally at the carboot sale I was totally over the moon. It never matters to me how common she is as a pony. She's one of those really special ones in my mind because of all of that nostalgia from my childhood.

I never had an issue with the Shady pose, I loved Shady (she's the only one of my very early childhood ponies who kept her curly hair) but I had major ones with the CJ pose. I had to get over it, though, when I realised Magic Star was in that pose and she was one of my childhood grail ponies.

And you know, now I have her irl, I think she's stunning. I wasn't so keen based on the Paradise Estate comic advert photo, despite being obsessed with PE and this advert as a six year old:
Spoiler

but now I have one, I really love her colours and the pose does work nicely. I like her a ton better than the SS, even though the rearing pose is awesome and I love it on Truly and on Skippety Doo. I just don't see the rearing Magic Star as the "real" Magic Star I wanted all my childhood. It was always the CJ pose one, despite my doubts:

I try not to bias myself on poses, now, because I've learned so many ponies look better IRL in those poses and suit just those poses rather than others.

I'm still working on trying to see the Sundae Best as epic though ><. I have them all in real life, and much as I adored Peppermint Crunch and Chocolate Chip in the comics, I just don't like the modified poses they have. Chocolate Chip is probably my favourite, but it's still relative compared to other ponies >< Tips for making me love them, anyone?? Especially Banana Surprise ><.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 05:14:06 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Baby Crumpet

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Never too many Tex's!
    • View Profile
There's a couple, such as butterscotch. I didn't think much of her at all, then I got one in a lot and she is gorgeous! Her hair is such a pretty colour, and I love her symbol too.
Boysenberry pie is another. I don't really like the neon yellow hair on ponies, so I never went out of my way to get her. My sister bought home a couple of ponies she'd bought and let me have her. I love her purple, and her symbol is great too. She's grown on me a lot.
They're both some of my favourite ponies now!

:glitter: Thank you to Nence and starrynights for my signature and Trinity for my avatar :glitter:
Wishlist

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
I wasn't intending to get Banana Surprise but I fell in love with her dark eyes and pretty ice cream colours :)

I love Peppeprmint Crunch, but wish she had thicker hair!

« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 05:49:19 AM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Doedeardarling

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Perfume Puffs as a set for me, I got over my hatred for the hair looking at some pretty pictures, but I didn't really love it until I got my Red Roses. The hair really is so soft and poofy and smells like perfume, I just adore it. It makes me think of Marie Antoinette and those huge powdered wigs people wore in the 17th century. Me and Red Roses have lovely girly tea parties with macarons and cup cakes. I hope to add her sisters to my collection as well.

Offline BabiChuld

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • With pony powers, come pony responsibility.
    • View Profile
I have two such stories- the first for me is Tootsie. Right when I was first collecting, I spotted her for cheap on a local forsale site, and thought why not, a bargain for a G1- the picture made her colour seem kinda pukey lol. When she arrived however, I was very pleasantly surprised, as she is quite cute! So she was worth the try.

The next story is about Princess Misty. Again, a photograph from a really odd unflattering angle, but I thought hey ho give it a go. She looked ungainly and clumsy to me for a princess haha. When she arrived, I just loved her <3

Thank you Lindsay1988 for this beautiful Sig!  :lovey:

Don't worry, be happy!  :P Come visit my pony page to see my collection grow ^_^ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joannas-collection-of-Vintage-My-Little-Pony-toys/171365783052710

My Ridiculously huge Wishlist XD http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,347431.new.html#new

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Perfume Puffs as a set for me, I got over my hatred for the hair looking at some pretty pictures, but I didn't really love it until I got my Red Roses. The hair really is so soft and poofy and smells like perfume, I just adore it. It makes me think of Marie Antoinette and those huge powdered wigs people wore in the 17th century. Me and Red Roses have lovely girly tea parties with macarons and cup cakes. I hope to add her sisters to my collection as well.

I felt the same way about Red Roses.  I really didn't see the appeal at all until I got her as part of a lot.  I was planning on selling her but once I saw her I knew she would be in my collection forever.

Here she is

Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Mine is So Soft Gusty!  I really, really wanted Gusty for a long time, but I was pretty adamant about wanting NSS Gusty.  I do like So Softs, but I kind of figured a white SS pony would be pretty dingy looking, plus I thought that Gusty's symbol would look nicer and crisper without the flocking.  I just had no interest in SS Gusty.

Then I got a gorgeous SS Gusty in a lot.  Her flocking is so thick and soft and after a quick wash, bright, bright white.  That pose is even better in person, too.  So pretty!  So she went from a pony that I didn't even want to one of my favorite ponies in my entire collection!!

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
A nursery for wing song?! What's that flutter pony doing in that crib?
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
I'd have to go with SS ponies too.  When you see one in real life with minty flocking, there's no going back  :cool:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
A nursery for wing song?! What's that flutter pony doing in that crib?

I know, I always wondered that, even as a kid XD. That and Cloud Puff's decidedly stoned attitude to everything.
Awesome advert though, isn't it?

Ah, that's a nice picture of the Sundae Best :D

I don't know why I find them so hard to connect to. I loved them in stories as a kid. Maybe it's the perfume. Chocolate Chip is lethal for cross-infecting other ponies, and that perfume is just...overwhelming.

She is still my favourite from the set, but, sadly, at a distance...

@BabiChuld - Princess Dawn, rather than Misty? I love the second set Princesses (well, stating the obvious >.>).
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
:accomplished: :happy: Wow! I love her!! Congrats on your SHS Twinkler.. :)  I lost my childhood one many years ago, and now I'm on the hunt to find a new Twinkler to add to my herd! She's so beautiful. :lovey:

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile

I'm coming around to the Friendship Blossom Collection as they find my way into my home. Helia is beautiful, and Lily Valley isn't as bad as I thought. Looking forward to a Lavender Honey (or whatever) so I can figure out how I feel about the blue flowers that look like they clash with all her other colors.

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do

I'm coming around to the Friendship Blossom Collection as they find my way into my home. Helia is beautiful, and Lily Valley isn't as bad as I thought. Looking forward to a Lavender Honey (or whatever) so I can figure out how I feel about the blue flowers that look like they clash with all her other colors.

Now that I've seen her in your pic (she's new to me) I like Lily Valley more than the others so far. The red hearts are making me think Alice in Wonderland and now I like the others too! Ponies seem to do that...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal