collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Greetings from the West Coast! ;-D  (Read 326 times)

BlueMonarch

• Trade Count: (0)
Greetings from the West Coast! ;-D
« on: June 06, 2015, 05:49:23 AM »
Good Morning Everyone!  I am a 32 year old Christian wife and mother of two boys (11 today(!) and 6 1/2).  I am also 30 weeks pregnant with our very first baby girl!  We are beyond excited to meet her and have recently nearly completed her new little nursery.  With that being said, I have been searching every thrift and antique shop in our area in order to find my old friends (the large childhood collection I sold on eBay at 16 years old in order to use the money to move to an orphanage in Mexico for a year to care for children with mental and physical disabilities as well as attend Bible discipleship school).  I have to admit, my quest for finding "my" My Little Pony childhood friends has been no small feat... So far, I have found a beautiful Parasol, a lovely FF Snuzzle, a inked up Bow tie, and a very well played with Seashell.  The day before yesterday I won my beloved Sweet Pop on Etsy and I am anxiously anticipating her arrival as she was one of the few I fell asleep holding at bedtime back in the day...
After doing no small amount of research, I am well aware that it is going to take preserverance and patience in order to reunite with the loves of my childhood.  However, beyond this nostalgic vision of grandeur, my ultimate goal is to have these beautiful pony friends awaiting my lovely daughter to love and to play with one day as her Mommy once did many a year ago.
After finding this site, I am looking forward to meeting and getting to know other MLP fans and gaining insight and knowledge on all things MLP in the future.  Thank for taking the time to read my intro.  I am excited about this adventure with the hopes and dreams of one day reuniting with my childhood playmates whilst being able to introduce them to my new baby girl as well.  Blessings to all.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 07:04:38 AM by BlueMonarch »

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from the West Coast! ;-D
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 12:35:18 PM »
Welcome to the arena :)

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 11:43:18 PM »
Welcome to the Arena

I think that's a wonderful idea for your future daughter.  :)

Just a note, the original 80's ones are found to have a bit of lead so you might want to do your research or leave them for her to play with when she's a little older and not likely to "suck" or mistreat them xo

BlueMonarch

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 04:59:39 AM »
Babies and Vintage ponies are an absolute no go for sure... My Hubby likes to point out and joke around frequently that I "finally have an 'excuse' to be a kid again" and that he "knows they are more for [me] than anything else."  Haha.  But after 11 years of Legos and matchbox cars with my boys, I am so stoked on the ponies and find them pleasantly therapeutic and a refreshing change of pace.   :biggrin:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 06:35:29 AM »
Welcome to the Arena! I am sure the boards here will help you track down the ponies you are still looking for :)

I hope you have a good time here.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 09:33:31 PM »
Babies and Vintage ponies are an absolute no go for sure... My Hubby likes to point out and joke around frequently that I "finally have an 'excuse' to be a kid again" and that he "knows they are more for [me] than anything else."  Haha.  But after 11 years of Legos and matchbox cars with my boys, I am so stoked on the ponies and find them pleasantly therapeutic and a refreshing change of pace.   :biggrin:

I'm sure we pony collectors will take any "excuse" we can go for :silly:  :biggrin:

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 04:32:26 PM »
Hello, BlueMonarch! Welcome to the Arena!

Belated Happy Birthday to your eldest first off! Reading about your upcoming daughter and getting back into ponies was just too sweet. I'm assuming your a more in-person than online shopper, but you may have better chances of finding your childhood favorites here on our forums. We have a safe community here that avoids ebay fees and may make it a little easier. It's all up to you. Best of luck with your collecting, enjoy the forums!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

BlueMonarch

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 11:37:57 PM »
Thank you, thank you for the kind reply and the suggestion on looking into purchasing my old herd of friends possibly online.  I am definitely interested in figuring out how to search for and set up a way to hopefully purchase some if I can.  I am definitely on the hunt for Twinkler (mail order or store...loved/love her and miss her tremendously)!  I also am looking for a FF Minty, FF Bluebelle, and a FF Butterscotch... :biggrin: Just for starters... Heehee...

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2015, 06:28:10 PM »
Hi and welcome to the Arena, sister!  I love Twinkler too! One of my favorites, for sure. :) Have fun and happy hunting!  ^.^

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 10:11:08 AM »
:newpony: Welcome to the Arena. Best of luck with your pony hunting.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal