collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Calling all Creative Writers! - UPDATE ON PG 2!!  (Read 1833 times)

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
Re: Calling all Creative Writers!
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2015, 03:33:55 PM »
let me know if you need help with the set up. i've started two pages, one for my senior class, and one as an artist page, but i'm far from an expert. so excited to see this going!

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2015, 03:56:40 PM »
let me know if you need help with the set up. i've started two pages, one for my senior class, and one as an artist page, but i'm far from an expert. so excited to see this going!

Is it seriously as simple as clicking "create group", naming it, setting it to closed and hitting create?  Seems pretty straight forward :)  Does anyone have any requests on what we should name it? 

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2015, 06:10:15 PM »
Sounds like fun! I wish you luck!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2015, 06:16:18 PM »

Is it seriously as simple as clicking "create group", naming it, setting it to closed and hitting create?  Seems pretty straight forward :)  Does anyone have any requests on what we should name it?
yeah not hard to make one at all.

how about something simple like arena writers?
then it tags to the arena, without pulling that its pony fanfic.

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2015, 07:35:05 PM »
I thought this was a great idea in your other thread. Glad to see that you've started a discussion about it here as well. In the interest of fun and excitement, here's what I'm working on:

Blurb:

Some promises are meant to be broken.

After witnessing a murder where only a skeleton is left behind, Sarenna Lengton knows it will take more than police to catch the killer. The Kindred, magic wielding beings who came to Earth five years ago, must be told that one of their people have gone rogue.

The plan is simple: go in, hand over the evidence, and get out.

When a mix up shows that Sarenna has the potential to use magic, her simple plan spirals out of control. The daughter of an infamous anti-Kindred assassin, the last thing she wants is to be anything other than human. Even if her new powers come with the bonus of being around handsome, mysterious Kesyl Veradayne.

But if Sarenna wants her normal life back, there is only one man willing to give it to her. Zakariah, the Lord of Judgement, is desperate to obtain a physical form. He will free Sarenna of her powers and bring her family together again--if she will give him Kesyl to use for his new body.

Sarenna thought she would do anything to be normal again. Now she has to make a choice: between the life she had and the man she loves. The future that could have been, or the one happening right now.

And she must hurry, because Zakariah won't wait forever.

The book is half way through it's third (and hopefully final!) major re-write. After that, hopefully a polish and some minor corrections from beta readers will be all that stands between it and Amazon's KDP services / Createspace. I've been working on this for almost five years and I am looking forward to holding it in my hands!

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2015, 07:39:23 PM »
i hope you'll epub it on bn.com too. i work at barnes and noble, so i'm kinda loyal to them, but how awesome!! i know i'm on a beta reader sites, how fun if i got chosen to try it.
*drools at prospects of new books*

great cover by the way. that's the type that is really drawing readers in right now.
its really interesting to watch books sell based on the covers, that and i went to school for art, composition design and what not. :D
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 07:41:23 PM by rosierjay »

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2015, 08:30:44 PM »
I'm not 100% committed to being Amazon exclusive--that's generally not recommended for an author with only one book for sale. Whether I end up on b&n will depend on how hard / easy getting my book through SmashWords "meatgrinder" (the program they use to format a file for various platforms) ends up being. Since I'm from Canada, I cannot publish directly with b&n the way someone from the States can. (At least, not of last researching; that was a whole ago, though.)

Regardless, I would be happy to make a note that you may be interested in being a beta and could easily pm you to see whether you are still interested once I am at that stage. I'd let you have a look now, but the book is currently literally split between one half having major re-writes and the other half still needing them. Thanks for the feedback, though. :)

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Freeindeed

• Trade Count: (+208)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Iris Tiger
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2015, 09:35:44 PM »
I might be interested in this... I write and illustrate. I'm trying to get the motivation to put up a website featuring some of my work, maybe as a web comic type of thing, but I'm not really sure at this point. I have this fantastic character that I know people would love.

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2015, 03:14:47 AM »
I'd be interested :D I love writing, even if it's just for fun ^_^

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2015, 10:13:18 PM »
Oooh...Archer, is that Quatre I spy in your siggie?! I have some GW Fanfics I can point you in the direction of if you're interested...

Offline Katika

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2015, 06:14:58 PM »
Yikes!  Sorry for letting the ball drop on this, everyone!  I've been neck-deep in line edits to get my novel ready for the first wave of beta readers  :lookround:

Either way, I'm so excited to see how much interest is here!  I'll hop on over and try to create the group, posthaste! I'll update a couple posts with the link to it once (I think) it's ready :)

ETA: Okay, it's not letting me create it without having other members to join...  Is someone willing to PM me (or heck, I suppose you could blurt it all public-like if you're comfortable doing so) their FB account so I can get this started? 

Post Merge: June 09, 2015, 01:57:14 PM

We should be up and running now as "Arena Writers!" Am I allowed to post a link to it here?  Can't wait to get to know all of you and your wonderful stories!
Not much is up yet, but I've added a few rules that I think are safe and fair to the group description.  If anyone has any concerns or things to add, please let me know :)  Since this is in its very early days, I'm fully able and willing to modify :)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 02:13:26 PM by Katika »

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
Re: Calling all Creative Writers! - UPDATE ON PG 2!!
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2015, 09:13:36 PM »
Yikes!  Sorry for letting the ball drop on this, everyone!  I've been neck-deep in line edits to get my novel ready for the first wave of beta readers  :lookround:

Either way, I'm so excited to see how much interest is here!  I'll hop on over and try to create the group, posthaste! I'll update a couple posts with the link to it once (I think) it's ready :)

ETA: Okay, it's not letting me create it without having other members to join...  Is someone willing to PM me (or heck, I suppose you could blurt it all public-like if you're comfortable doing so) their FB account so I can get this started? 

Post Merge: June 09, 2015, 01:57:14 PM

We should be up and running now as "Arena Writers!" Am I allowed to post a link to it here?  Can't wait to get to know all of you and your wonderful stories!
Not much is up yet, but I've added a few rules that I think are safe and fair to the group description.  If anyone has any concerns or things to add, please let me know :)  Since this is in its very early days, I'm fully able and willing to modify :)
I think you should be allowed to post the link here. :) A lot of us have our FB links over on the left side, under our avatars. :)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2015, 09:24:55 PM »
I would appreciate if the link could be posted. When I searched for the group I got tons of different groups! >_<
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2015, 09:31:16 PM »
I managed to find it, but it was kinda hard. And now I can't find it again! :/

Offline Katika

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2015, 09:37:04 PM »
Okie dokie!  I just know that sometimes link posting is sticky, per Arena policy, and I didn't want to step over any boundaries :) Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/855048201230446/

Please try to PM me here or drop another message or something - some way for me to be able to identify who you are here on the forums so I can make sure we're getting the right people in the group :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal