collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Customizing Snowglobe Ponies?  (Read 673 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Customizing Snowglobe Ponies?
« on: May 31, 2015, 09:16:49 PM »
I know I have seen it done but I would like some tips on how I would go about it myself. I have a Pinkie Pie I'd love to turn into Applejack. I have yellow transparent paint to take care of the body color but I need to change the hair and I'd like to replace the glitter inside with something else if possible.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
Re: Customizing Snowglobe Ponies?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 09:26:02 PM »
I was also wondering about this. I have one I'd love to turn into a crystal pony, but I'm nervous about figuring out how to drain the liquid.
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline Karma

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Unofficial My Little Pony Museum
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 06:10:08 PM »
So, for draining the liquid it depends on what glitter the pony has. There were two entry points on mine, through the neck, (the head comes off the same way as any other g4) and through the front hooves. You need a dremel/hot knife something that goes through plastic.
The tricky part is resealing it. if you can get the plastic out cleanly you can just glue it back in when you're done with it I didn't so I had to reseal it with resin and silicone. to get the tail out either a: pull really hard or b: widen the tail hole.

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 06:17:49 PM »
Great that there was someone willing to share the secret! :D Sounds tricky, I know I am passing customizing them...

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 05:42:24 AM »
So, for draining the liquid it depends on what glitter the pony has. There were two entry points on mine, through the neck, (the head comes off the same way as any other g4) and through the front hooves. You need a dremel/hot knife something that goes through plastic.
The tricky part is resealing it. if you can get the plastic out cleanly you can just glue it back in when you're done with it I didn't so I had to reseal it with resin and silicone. to get the tail out either a: pull really hard or b: widen the tail hole.
I think We need a visual tutorial on this :P
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 07:27:02 AM »

Do you think making an opening on the neck would also work if we wanted to add water in the future when they start to dry up?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Karma

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Unofficial My Little Pony Museum
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 11:57:09 AM »

Do you think making an opening on the neck would also work if we wanted to add water in the future when they start to dry up?
It would, you'd just need to make a plug so it doesn't leak.

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 04:51:08 PM »

For pulling the tail out I actually used the metal piece to widen the hole by pulling and turning the tail at the same time.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal