collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hello & Hay There!  (Read 771 times)

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Hello & Hay There!
« on: May 29, 2015, 07:57:30 AM »
Hay There Everypony!! I'm super excited to join and be a part of the MLP Arena! I'm a collector of '80s toys, and I gotta say, I do have a soft spot for G1 MLPs. ^.^ Here's some info about me. :)

Personal:

How old are you? 33

Where do you live? State, Country? Tyler, TX USA

Do you work or attend school? Profession or major? I'm a journalist at heart - I currently work in higher education public relations (my dream career!).

Who are the important people in your life? The most important is my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ. To Him all Glory is Given! **Phil. 4:13**

Ponies:

How long have you been collecting? About 10 years (actively, however slow going!), but I've had most of my original childhood collection since long-haired Medley, my first MLP. I was a "music lover" & musically-talented kid and loved her symbol..lol.  ;)

Which generations of ponies do you collect? G1, G2, G3 or G4? G1 only

What made you want to collect ponies? Well, I've had most of my toy collections and decided to continue adding to my herd. ...My continued love of horses in general, particularly thoroughbred horseracing..  :)

Tell us about your collection! My collection is small (30ish) and slowly growing..but cherished. As I mentioned, Medley was my first, and it grew from there. I'm about three ponies away from completing my original childhood MLP group. :-) ...Even though Medley was my first pony, TE Sweet Stuff represents my childhood essence! I lost her in the mid '90s, but thanks to member Cass/ Cassstorm, she will soon return to my herd! YAY HAY! :biggrin: I mainly have adult ponies, a few babies and a couple of Summer Wings. Most impressive: Probably Baby Sandcastle and Shovels.. maybe Secret Beauty with the key (in beautiful condition for being played with!), but not sure how much she is worth.? My best finds to date would probably be flat-footed Blossom, Bowtie and AppleJack (all in overall great condition) that I bought in a Goodwill auction with a couple of other ponies.  :)

Anyways, that's about it! Happy to share and learn! :-D
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 08:01:59 AM by hannah725 »

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Hello & Hay There!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 11:34:58 AM »
Welcome to the arena :)

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 12:36:27 PM »
 :happy: Thank you, achab1984! :cool: :lovey:

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 01:21:31 AM »
Hi and welcome to the Arena :wave:

For some reason I never appreciated Medley when I was a child.  Now that I'm collecting as an adult though I think she is so pretty.  :lovey:

Enjoy the forums :D

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 07:30:04 AM »
Welcome to the Arena! Great introduction. How lovely to still have your childhood ponies and I bet your collection is all the more special for being so specific for you :)

Have fun!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 11:19:53 AM »
Hi and welcome to the Arena :wave:

For some reason I never appreciated Medley when I was a child.  Now that I'm collecting as an adult though I think she is so pretty.  :lovey:

Enjoy the forums :D

Thank you, kiwimlp!  :lovey: I played with Medley alot -- She looks pretty good for being a well-played with pony.. lol. But I took my Sweet Stuff with me everywhere - I mean *everywhere*!! She was my special friend. :biggrin: My grandma (mom's mom) bought her for me (I think) as a birthday present.. "Sweet" was my nickname from Grandma, who was a special person to me growing up. So SS's always been a special pony to me.  :frolic:

Post Merge: May 30, 2015, 11:23:01 AM

Welcome to the Arena! Great introduction. How lovely to still have your childhood ponies and I bet your collection is all the more special for being so specific for you :)

Have fun!

Thank you, hathorcat! I appreciate the kind words. :lovey: I'm so glad I found the arena! I learned about it via a MLP Facebook group.  :good: :frolic:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 11:23:01 AM by hannah725 »

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 12:13:11 AM »
Welcome to the arena

Have fun scouting out more members for your herd :frolic:

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 09:40:48 AM »
Hello, Hanna725! Welcome to the Arena!

Hiya fellow Texan! Medley is such a great first pony, and I'm happy you're able to get Sweet Stuff again. I hope you'll be able to find the last three soon! Someone around here just might have them for sale. Enjoy the forums!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline cassstorm

• Cheeky Monkey Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+442)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 09:56:29 AM »
I loved reading your intro! Long hair medley has only been recently added to my own herd, I only had the short hair version as a child, but I really couldn't part with the long hair once I found her! I hope you enjoy the arena!!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 12:58:40 PM »
Yay, welcome! Medley is awesome -- one of my favorites, too. :D Have you read the book that features Medley? I think that book was part of the reason she was one of my favorites as a kid. :)

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015, 04:31:00 PM »
heyHAYhey, and welcome!
ISO UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire, and complete jewelry babies :cool:

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2015, 08:44:01 AM »
Welcome to the arena

Have fun scouting out more members for your herd :frolic:

Thank you, Spinky69er! :lovey: Yes, I'm super excited! :biggrin:

Post Merge: June 01, 2015, 08:55:40 AM

Hello, Hanna725! Welcome to the Arena!

Hiya fellow Texan! Medley is such a great first pony, and I'm happy you're able to get Sweet Stuff again. I hope you'll be able to find the last three soon! Someone around here just might have them for sale. Enjoy the forums!

Thank you, Bekuno! :lovey: YAY HAY for Texas MLP lovers! :biggrin: I'm glad I found out about the arena.. already have learned alot! I love Medley, as well as Sweet Stuff, they have a special MLP place in my heart, for sure. The only other "special" pony for me if I had to pick a third, would be SS Magic Star..I remember actually petting him (yes, "she" was a "he" to me LOL) like a real horse because I loved the flocking :P).

Post Merge: June 01, 2015, 09:02:40 AM

I loved reading your intro! Long hair medley has only been recently added to my own herd, I only had the short hair version as a child, but I really couldn't part with the long hair once I found her! I hope you enjoy the arena!!

Hi Cass! :happy: Thank you for the welcome. :lovey: I didn't know there were short-haired and long-haired versions of her, and a few other ponies, until here recently! You learn something new everyday.. And I'm so very glad my Bowtie didn't have mold on her! Note to self: Next time, don't wait so long to clean bathroom. :lol:

Post Merge: June 01, 2015, 09:37:28 AM

Thank you, ringwraith10! :lovey: I'm so glad to be here! Hmm.. I don't remember having any MLP books, but would be interested in getting any Medley merch. for sure. I did have a bunch of the Care Bear books though..  :) :whoa:

Post Merge: June 01, 2015, 09:39:59 AM

heyHAYhey, and welcome!

HAY Raspberry Brulee, and thank you!! :lovey:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 09:39:59 AM by hannah725 »

medleymayhem

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 05:46:16 PM »
Welcome fellow Medley lover! Interestingly I restarted my MLP collection with Medley because the only thing I had from my childhood collection was a Medley eraser. I quickly replaced my favorite pony from my childhood collection, TE Gingerbread. Seems TEs and Medleys are meant to go together ;).

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2015, 06:16:56 AM »
Hi medleymayhem, thank you for the welcome! :lovey: Haha, your name is awesome.. :biggrin: Yes, I definitely agree -- they do! Why is that?! ^.^ :frolic: I think my favorite set of ponies are the TEs.. To me, it's because of their colors.. My favorite as a kid was of course Sweet Stuff, close second was Fizzy. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal