collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Coloring Lineart?  (Read 1216 times)

Offline mlp_loving

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Follow me on Instagram @mlp_loving ♥
    • View Profile
Coloring Lineart?
« on: May 25, 2015, 11:40:03 AM »
I found a tutotial once but of course didn't save it.  >_< I can't seem to remember how to color in lineart, for example http://www.deviantart.com/morelikethis/168331775?view_mode=2

I have Adobe Photoshop at home, and at work I use Corel Photo Paint.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Adoptables by SDS ♥

♥ MLP dedicated Instagram - @mlp_loving ♥

Offline PinkiePosh

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • previously pinkiepony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Marketplace Store
Re: Coloring Lineart?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 12:15:52 PM »
I'm photoshop certified but I don't use Corel. I can help with photoshop. What kind of look are you going for? More airbrushed, cell shaded, solid, solid with minor shading?

Offline mlp_loving

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 12:22:50 PM »
I'm photoshop certified but I don't use Corel. I can help with photoshop. What kind of look are you going for? More airbrushed, cell shaded, solid, solid with minor shading?

I'm a Graphic Designer and worked with Photoshop a lot in college, but for the last 3 years I've been using Corel since that's what I have at work, so unfortunately I've forgotten a little bit about using Photoshop. I guess anything really. I'm just looking to make some adoptables, with credit to those who make the lineart though of course. I'd really like to just be able to add my own color to them.

Adoptables by SDS ♥

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 12:26:29 PM »
Do you mean that you don't know how to colour in the white part without affecting the lineart?

In photoshop, simply copy/paste the image into your canvas, set the layer to multiply (under the layer tab their is a drop down box that says normal, click that and look for multiply) then just create a new layer underneath the line art layer and you should be good to colour as you please. :)

Hopefully that wasn't confusing, if so I will take screen caps for you.

Offline mlp_loving

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 12:31:32 PM »
Do you mean that you don't know how to colour in the white part without affecting the lineart?

In photoshop, simply copy/paste the image into your canvas, set the layer to multiply (under the layer tab their is a drop down box that says normal, click that and look for multiply) then just create a new layer underneath the line art layer and you should be good to colour as you please. :)

Yeah that's what I meant lol. I don't have access to Photoshop at the moment, but I will try that technique when I can. I'm sure you can do it in a similar way using Corel, but I can't seem to find where to add layers using that program.

Adoptables by SDS ♥

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 12:40:20 PM »

Yeah that's what I meant lol. I don't have access to Photoshop at the moment, but I will try that technique when I can. I'm sure you can do it in a similar way using Corel, but I can't seem to find where to add layers using that program.

I've never used Corel myself so I can't really assist you there, sorry. I tried googling it and this tutorial popped up, maybe it will help.

http://www.corel.com/content/pdf/paintshop/tutorials/197Layers.pdf

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 04:14:27 PM »
I found a tutorial for PaintShop Pro that mentioned pressing the F8 key to bring up a Layers menu. Sorry that I can't help you more; I own a different version of Corel. :(
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline mlp_loving

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 06:11:11 AM »
Aluke and Sundown, thank you both. I'll see if either of your suggestions work.  :)

Adoptables by SDS ♥

Offline calzephyr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.purple-pony.com
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 11:51:08 AM »
I am a big Corel fan :) Are you using CorelDraw or the Photo Paint part?
::: Visit My Etsy Shop - http://calzephyr.etsy.com and DA Gallery - http://calzephyr.deviantart.com :::

Offline mlp_loving

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 01:46:25 PM »
I am a big Corel fan :) Are you using CorelDraw or the Photo Paint part?

Well I actually have both at work. I use Corel Draw but I also have Photo Paint. Not too familiar with it. I figured Photo Paint would be easier though since I think its supposed to be similar to Photoshop, and Corel Draw is supposed to be similar to InDesign. Your help would seriously be appreciated.  :thumb:

Adoptables by SDS ♥

Offline calzephyr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.purple-pony.com
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2015, 08:58:50 PM »
No problem! It's funny, I have PhotoShop at work and it's such a struggle to go back and forth.

I have  CorelDraw X5 by the way, but all the versions are similar. In Photo Paint, crtl +f7 opens the object docker. This pops open a panel like layers in PhotoShop. Corel has objects instead of layers. You should be able to open a JPG in Photo Paint and convert it, or paste it into a new CPT file and colour it that way by adding more layers. HTH!
::: Visit My Etsy Shop - http://calzephyr.etsy.com and DA Gallery - http://calzephyr.deviantart.com :::

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2015, 04:49:05 AM »
*sits in the corner and takes notes* Trying to get back to coloring art digitally, these tips might be useful even if I use SAI :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal