collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hollywood at it again  (Read 1593 times)

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Hollywood at it again
« on: May 17, 2015, 05:08:47 PM »
One of my all time favorite movies is getting a remake, and I am so upset about it. I just read that The Craft is getting remade. I love the original.
I'm also really concerned about how they are going to portray witchcraft in this remake. As a wiccan myself I dread to see how they will butcher this.
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline pony_magick

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Hollywood at it again
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 05:21:15 PM »
That was a good movie!! Why are they re-making it? I don't recall it being very popular apart from having Neve Campbell in it (who was slightly big because of Party of Five).
I am a Dreamer/So a Believer

My want list.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 08:28:21 PM »
That stinks. If you don't like it don't go see it. Talk with your money. It can make a big impact.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline CadePony

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Obsessed with My Little Pony and Transformers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 06:51:18 AM »
I hate it when they remake movies that simply don't need to be remade. =/

:heart: Thanks Nence for my adoptables in my sig and avatar!  :heart:

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 08:31:14 AM »
I guess Hollywood is running out of original ideas...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 10:07:56 AM »
I guess Hollywood is running out of original ideas...
Hear hear!
(Feels like they have been for a while, hence all the books that have been turned into Hollywood flops)

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 03:50:19 AM »
I totally understand how you feel. When I found out last week that they were remaking The Craft and The Crow, I was ranting for hours to my husband about it. I can't imagine anyone doing a better job in the role of Nancy than the original girl, it was like that role was written for her personally.

I am not a fan of remakes at all. Most of them are done terribly and don't live up to the originals. I honestly hope it falls through and nothing comes of it.

If they are going to insist on making remakes, there are so many bad movies out there that could've been good movies with the right director, writer and actors. Why don't they work on those instead?

I also heard that they are remaking Stephen Kings IT :shocked: I can't picture anyone but Tim Curry in the role of Pennywise -_-

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 07:31:34 AM »
That was one of my favorite movies when I was younger. So stupid they're redoing it.. I saw a trailer for a new Polstergeist recently as well.. MikeysGrrrl, they're redoing the Crow also?? :shocked: Now I'm really getting pissed of!!!

Can't they hire people with original ideas anymore?

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2015, 09:12:34 AM »
I heard about that, too. I can sort of understand re-making a movie from the 1930s or something, but there have been too many fairly recent movies that are already getting re-makes! It's just ridiculous.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2015, 12:10:50 PM »
This has always happened fortunately or unfortunately depending on how good the remake is. I have come to the conclusion I am just old enough now to remember originals. I used to  hear my mum and dad always saying "not as good as the original" and I would role my eyes and think how old and silly it was to say such a thing. Most of the time I had no clue there was an original! Now I am that person shaking my head as they try and remake what was a "classic" for me :) Guess all these things come around again.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2015, 11:55:14 PM »
This has always happened fortunately or unfortunately depending on how good the remake is. I have come to the conclusion I am just old enough now to remember originals. I used to  hear my mum and dad always saying "not as good as the original" and I would role my eyes and think how old and silly it was to say such a thing. Most of the time I had no clue there was an original! Now I am that person shaking my head as they try and remake what was a "classic" for me :) Guess all these things come around again.

I watched the remake of Poltergeist yesterday and everybody at work who I talked to about seeing it asked the same thing: "it's a remake?" Yup, now I'm feeling old. XD

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 07:46:37 AM »
I had a professor in college who taught us that their is nothing new under the sun, only new ways to present old ideas. 
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2015, 08:01:07 AM »
Remakes don't surprise me anymore.  It's not really a new thing either, I know I was surprised to learn at first about movies from decades ago that were actually just remakes of even older movies, and honestly it's nice to sometimes have an updated version of something (that's relative though, some classics should just stay classics.  Things that could only have worked in their time, you know?).  I think that, unfortunately, people go into these things with a negative mindset so that makes it harder to enjoy it or find something positive to say.  People automatically assume remake/reboot = bad, and don't give it a chance.  So you never know!

Now what I don't like is remaking a movie, using the same title/characters, and completely taking the spirit and feeling of the original out of the formula.  It's like... call it something else if you're not even going to make it remotely similar to the original, right?

To be honest, I had never heard of The Craft until like... two weeks ago.  All of a sudden I had friends posting about it on Facebook, but I had seriously never heard a thing about it prior to that.  For all of you guys I hope this doesn't turn out to be as bad as you're all thinking. ;)
Instagram / Want List

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2015, 12:46:54 PM »
Remakes don't bother me. If the new version isn't as good as the old version, I'll just watch the older version or original of what is being remade. Now, movies that are going to prevent a proper version of something being made, like that Jem fiasco going on? That makes me angry. If they remade the cartoon and messed it up I wouldn't care--I have the originals. But that movie essentially being the guaranteed assurance that there will never be a true Jem movie is upsetting.

As for remaking The Craft, that's a rather odd choice. The whole new age / spiritualist movement that branched off back in the day is nowhere near as big a thing now. I don't get the context through which they think this will rake in the dough. And as a film, I don't see a reason why this actually needs a remake to begin with. It isn't so ancient that it's unaccessable, etc. Unless the current generation can't understand a movie unless it's characters are walking around smartphone in hand. :lol:

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2015, 01:25:35 PM »
I had heard, and quite annoyed myself about it.  I don't really know how they expect to do better than the original?  Also a pagan here, so I'm sure I'll be smacking my head against something fairly blunt as Hollywood completely butchers and casts more negativity on pagans. . .  Is it just me, or did movies do better ten-twenty years ago to get things better?  In terms of being intelligent and accurate, you know?  Now it just seems like complete ignorance and willful at that. . .   

They're also making a remake of Stargate, and pulling a 'Star Wars' with it by nixing the 15+ years of TV series that it created that was vastly more popular than the movie ever could've hoped to have been. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal